SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opposition Views

3 posters

Go down

Opposition Views Empty Opposition Views

Post  CHOULO19 Tue 15 Jan 2013, 8:18 pm

Hello. Chelsea fan here. Let me start by apologizing to the admin if this topic does not here.

I am a mod on TalkChelsea.net where we do before every match something called "Opposition Views" to give everyone a different perspective to the game. I would really appreciate it if you can take the time and participate in the opposition views for our match on Wednesday. Basically, all you have to do is answer the following few short questions:

1) Let’s start with how long have you been a Saints fan?
2) Midway through, what have you made of your season so far?
3) How do you rate your chances of survival this season?
4) A lot of links in the media between Southampton and various players in this January market, but nothing official yet. Who do you thin you should sign?
5) Chelsea has been quick in signing Demba Ba from Newcastle, who is likely to feature in the game. How do you rate him?
6) If you could have one player from Chelsea who would it be and why?
7) Who has been your standout player this season and who should we look out for?
8) Our home form under Benitez has been terrible, do you thin you can take advantage of that?
9) What will likely be your formation and lineup for this match?
10) Finally, please predict the result.

Thank you in advance for your help. I am of course ready to answer any question you may have about Chelsea. Good luck, and may the best team win Smile
CHOULO19
CHOULO19
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-01-05

Back to top Go down

Opposition Views Empty Re: Opposition Views

Post  SaintMike Wed 16 Jan 2013, 12:33 am

hello and welcome

1. Around 60 years

2. We have had problems adjusting since promoted but hope we are getting there now.

3. It won't be easy (it never is for Saints!) and it will be a close run thing but I think we should finish above the bottom three......who I believe could be QPR, Wigan and West Ham.

4. I am no expert on the best players to sign and trust Saints' management to decide that. But I hope they will be able to sign one (or ideally two) strong defenders and a lively winger.

5. A definite danger and our defence will need to keep on their toes.

6. Torres.....umm, or Cole.....or Terry.....or Lampard.....or just about anyone. Can you arrange to let us have a couple on frees?? Very Happy

7. Maybe Cork or Shaw.....a couple of names you may know.

8. It would be great to think so but you slipped up against QPR and the law of averages is unlikely to let that happen again.

9. Shaw suffered an injury on Saturday and it is not known whether he will be fit in time. Adkins has, especially in recent games, changed the line-up and formation depending on the opposition. I doubt whether anyone could forecast this with any certainty.

10. I would love to say a Saints win...or at least a draw....but realistically you have far too strong a squad to make that likely. We can only hope we are on top of our game and that Chelsea have an off-day. I forecast a Chelsea win 2-0, but maybe there is a little wishful thinking even in that scoreline as any more than a 2-goal defeat would see us slip below Newcastle in the table on goal difference.

Saints have been linked with a possible move to appoint Di Matteo should Adkins be sacked. What is you opinion of Di Matteo and do you think he could succeed at St Marys??

I well remember seeing Saints wallop Chelsea 2-6 at Stamford Bridge in September '68, with Ron Davies and Martin Chivers scoring the Saints' goals while Ossie scored Chelsea's two. I wonder what the headlines would be if we could repeat a win like that tomorrow.... not sure

I appreciate your closing sentiments, except that Chelsea are undoubtedly the better team. So my closing sentiments are......May the team that needs the win more get it!! Oh and the best of luck to Chelsea in their fixtures against QPR, Reading, Villa, Wigan, Newcastle, Sunderland, Fulham and West Ham!!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Wed 16 Jan 2013, 7:40 am

1. 45 years
2.Poor dealings on transfers failing to get in experience especially at the back. Getting there though and no longer fear of being hammered
3.Will be close but if we get in 3 decent players and have some luck re injuries can see us finishing 15th but will be tight. Bottom 3 for me will be reading, QPR ( Very Happy ) and Villa.
4. Forren as CH, maybe Astori, Philips from Blackpool and would like a goalie but dont think will sign one
5. Will make a big impact initially then fade away as he has done at Newcastle. That said would still have him if you want to loan out.
6. Lampard, would make such a difference in midfield to any team and his goals are a real plus, your owner is an idiot not keeping him.
7. Shaw at LB has been a revelation as at just 17 come into premier league and not looked fazed at all, has a footballing brain.
8. Doubt it as we do not get stuck into teams and make life difficult. At times the passing game isnt what is required and unfortunately to many of our players will not put their foot in.
9. Will be 4 4 1 1. Lambert up front or Rodrigues (ricky struggles 2 games in a week) ramerez will play in the hole behind probably midfield of Cork, Schneiderlin, Puncheon and Guly. Defence is the problem with injuries to Shaw and Fonte, their replacements are poor. Also watch out if De Ridder comes on, again I think he is useless!
10. With a full team we could give you a run for your money, like first 35 minutes in cup game but with our back four for this game we will concede goals I am afraid, great game for Torres to get on the score sheet. 3 - 0 defeat for us I am afraid.

You could do us a real favour in beating those clubs you have to play down the bottom so make sure you win against them, then we wont sing about fact "you cant beat QPR"

matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  CHOULO19 Wed 16 Jan 2013, 8:52 am

Thanks a lot for the replies. Much appreciated. Here is the the final article if you wish to view it: http://www.talkchelsea.net/_/opposition-views/southampton-opposition-views-r196

SaintMike wrote:
Saints have been linked with a possible move to appoint Di Matteo should Adkins be sacked. What is you opinion of Di Matteo and do you think he could succeed at St Marys??
Roberto is nice guy. He's the type of manager that everyone around the club would love. He's an excellent motivator, but when it comes to tactics he still has A LOT to learn. As much as I love him as a Chelsea legend I have to admit that we were lacking serious organization and playing systems this season, especially offensively.

SaintMike wrote:
I well remember seeing Saints wallop Chelsea 2-6 at Stamford Bridge in September '68, with Ron Davies and Martin Chivers scoring the Saints' goals while Ossie scored Chelsea's two. I wonder what the headlines would be if we could repeat a win like that tomorrow.... not sure
Would much rather this than the 1-0 defeat to QPR to be honest.

SaintMike wrote:
I appreciate your closing sentiments, except that Chelsea are undoubtedly the better team. So my closing sentiments are......May the team that needs the win more get it!! Oh and the best of luck to Chelsea in their fixtures against QPR, Reading, Villa, Wigan, Newcastle, Sunderland, Fulham and West Ham!!
Haha Thanks!

matty07uk wrote:
You could do us a real favour in beating those clubs you have to play down the bottom so make sure you win against them, then we wont sing about fact "you cant beat QPR"
We'll try our best. I'm rooting for you to stay up this season Very Happy
CHOULO19
CHOULO19
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:30 am

Thanks for your interest CHOULO!!

Please come back and let us have your observations after the game.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  CHOULO19 Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:19 pm

I am disappointed in the manner that we dropped points in, but I can't say you did not deserve a draw on the very least. The first half was pretty even, imo. A paocher's goal by Ba and a good spell in the last 5 mins made all the difference. We were completely anonymous in the second half, however and completely lacked intent and cohesion. Full credit to your players though who were not afraid to put the ball on the ground and pass it around. You were probably the better side but we only have ourselves (and our idiot of a manager) to blame for drawing.

Congrats on a well deserved point. Hope it helps you stay up Smile
CHOULO19
CHOULO19
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Thu 17 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm

CHOULO19 wrote:I am disappointed in the manner that we dropped points in, but I can't say you did not deserve a draw on the very least. The first half was pretty even, imo. A paocher's goal by Ba and a good spell in the last 5 mins made all the difference. We were completely anonymous in the second half, however and completely lacked intent and cohesion. Full credit to your players though who were not afraid to put the ball on the ground and pass it around. You were probably the better side but we only have ourselves (and our idiot of a manager) to blame for drawing.

Congrats on a well deserved point. Hope it helps you stay up Smile

Delighted with the point, certainly on possession and shots you should have wrapped up earlier but watching on Sky did seem as you as you conceded the confidence wasnt there and in football the momentum soon switches. Not sure what you guys need to do next, Torres and Ba are unlikley to work, have a Chelsea fan in my office and he can't wait for Torres (and Benitez) to go. Can't believe you allowed Lukaku on loan to WBA, would rather have him in the team or on the bench. Best of luck in the FA Cup, rather be knocked out by the team that eventually wins the cup
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content