SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON......

3 posters

Go down

IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED SHOULD NIGEL ADKINS BE KEPT ON?

IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON...... Vote_lcap100%IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON...... Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]
IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON...... Vote_lcap0%IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON...... Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON...... Vote_lcap0%IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON...... Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON...... Empty IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON......

Post  SaintMike Wed 07 Mar 2012, 1:35 am

In his brief post-match interview on Sky I thought Nigel seemed stunned and more than a little shell-shocked......Pure hypothesis but I wonder if Mr Cortese has now warned him that unless we go up this season he can look for another job. He has done a great job but I must say that if he can't get us up from the position we are in now, then it is almost certain he won't be able to get us up next season.......and a fresh manager might be needed. What do you think?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON...... Empty Re: IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON......

Post  Nostromo Thu 08 Mar 2012, 7:00 pm

I thought that was the case last season when we had a little wobble and Nigel's demeanor after a defeat seemed to be that of a bloke who had been warned that 'no promotion = the sack'; I can't remember the match but in the post-match interview it was how he came across. I didn't hear this latest interview but it seems to be similar, from what I have read.

If we don't go up this season, I think he should stay and that Cortese should back him, at least until the Christmas period. If after Christmas things don't look too promising, then a change will be needed. But it's all ifs and maybes and, quite honestly, I think that Nigel is the best manager Saints have had since WGS so to sack him, even if we don't go up this season would be stupid. That said, failure to secure promotion from top of the league with 11 games left would be one hell of a cock up.
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON...... Empty Re: IF SAINTS DON'T GET PROMOTED THIS SEASON......

Post  matty07uk Thu 08 Mar 2012, 8:13 pm

Think NA has built a good management team and would be surprised if got the sack if we didnt go up. Cortese will have seen waht has happened with clubs that chop and chnage though dont think he has any allegiance to NA and if he thinks right decision will be ruthless. That said think NA has done well without spending big, aside from Sharp which argubaly if Cortese had done the deal back in summer could be out of sight by now. As said all ifs and maybes, NA is as good better than most managers you care to think of, Alladyce, Erikson, Jewell, Jones, etc so would like to see some stabiltiy. I would be happy if we go up this year, dont spend big even if means getting relegated from prem following season and still keep NA to continue building a squad.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down