SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARE THINGS GOING WRONG?

3 posters

Go down

ARE THINGS GOING WRONG? Empty ARE THINGS GOING WRONG?

Post  SaintMike Wed 24 Aug 2011, 4:29 pm

Although there is nothing yet on the OS, it does seem very likely that Saints are fast closing in on the purchase of defender Liam Fontaine from Bristol City and striker Martyn Waghorn from Leicester. But worryingly, comments on websites for those two clubs show their fans are not bemoaning the imminent loss of their favourite players but glad to see them go!!

If Fontaine and Waghorn cannot do a good job for Bristol City or Leicester are they players we should be looking to bring in? Are NC and NA really thinking that they are players who will get us to the top of the Championship and beyond???

I hold up my hands.....I have not seen either of these two in action........and hopefully the comments I have seen are typical of the views of just a minority of the clubs' fans! Most importantly, Nicola and Nigel know what they are doing, don't they???

How do you feel about this??
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

ARE THINGS GOING WRONG? Empty Re: ARE THINGS GOING WRONG?

Post  Nostromo Wed 24 Aug 2011, 7:03 pm

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that this isn't entirely the case, we did get Cork, De Ridder and Fox, three very, very good players. That said, it is annoying to not be able to land good players such as Maynard (if the club were ever in for him) and to lose out on ones like Gorkss, then have to resort to looking at players like Waghorn and Fontaine, who aren't that highly thought of by the fans.
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Wed 24 Aug 2011, 7:54 pm

Agree that cork and de ridder are good buys, not sure about Fox yet as simply havent seen him play, 20 mins on Saturday not enough. Those buys you could see improving squad but Fonatiane and Waghorn? Fontaine deal off due to failing medical but shows NA was determined to sign another CH which i think suggest Seaborne would have been offloaded
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down