SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POSSIBLE OPTIONS

5 posters

Go down

POSSIBLE OPTIONS Empty POSSIBLE OPTIONS

Post  SaintMike Wed 19 May 2010, 11:06 am

A post on the Echo website today.....

I've just seen Darren Ferguson has put Richard Chaplow on the transfer list at Preston. The fans loved him when he was on loan here and would be a cracking signing.

In addition Glen Little, James Harper and Henri Camara have all been released by Sheff Utd. Pardew will know Little and Harper well from his Reading days and it'd be interesting seeing Camara back!!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

POSSIBLE OPTIONS Empty Re: POSSIBLE OPTIONS

Post  matty07uk Wed 19 May 2010, 9:14 pm

Hey Saint Mike I mentioned the Chaplow link on 3 May, do I get a job with the Echo?

I would like Chaplow as think he is the type of player we are missing.

Have to admit none of the Sheff Utd players impress me.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Thu 20 May 2010, 9:38 am

matty07uk wrote:Hey Saint Mike I mentioned the Chaplow link on 3 May, do I get a job with the Echo?

Surely you are worth a better job??
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

POSSIBLE OPTIONS Empty Jack Cork

Post  another fine mess Sat 22 May 2010, 12:20 am

I read somewhere today that Jack Cork may well be up for grabs this summer after growing frustrated at the lack of opportunities he has been given at Stamford Bridge.

Do you think he would consider coming back permanently? And would we want him??
another fine mess
another fine mess
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 22 May 2010, 10:08 am

On Jack Cork depends if seen as a right back or centre back. If he is primarily a CB then I dont see much point, we have 4 players there with Jaidi and Fonte 1st choice and Seaborne and Martin back up. On Cheslea web says a versatile player who can play RB, CB or midfield, there again we probably said same about Lloyd James!

Think he was at Watford last season or at least for part of it and suspect he will end up at a championship side, though Chelsea might want to hold onto because of the rules about home grown players
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 22 May 2010, 10:22 am

On a Stoke City website I found this summary of what Cork has been doing since St Marys.............

"After beating off much competition for his signature Southampton became the next stop for Cork, and he played 24 times for the Saints in the first half of 2008/9 before returning to Stamford Bridge. Cork wasn't back at Chelsea long though and was soon back on the road, joining Watford for the second half of the season. He played 21 times for Watford, scoring once, before the end of his loan spell.

Cork returned to Watford for the opening month of 2009/10, playing three times, before joining Coventry on a six month loan. Cork gained more invaluable experience, impressing in his 21 games for the Sky Blues, and soon made the step up to the Premier League when he joined Burnley for the remainder of 2009/10. He played 14 times for the Clarets, scoring his first top flight goal in the final day win over Champions League bound Tottenham.

The day before that final game his Dad was in the London Evening Standard stating how his son was ready to move on from the Champions to get settled at a club and play every week, even if that meant dropping down to the Championship. After his spell at Burnley, where he was regarded as one of the few success stories of 2010 at Turf Moor, he may well not have to drop out of the top flight to achieve his aim.

The utility player, whose best position is as the holding midfielder, can also play anywhere across the back and has played a decent chunk of his competitive football as a centre back."

Interesting that they consider he is best as holding midfielder.........but I can't see him wanting to drop to League 1.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 23 May 2010, 10:51 am

Maybe Blackpool will go after Cork after yesterday.

Cant wait for the premier league fans to visit their ground, still remember 3 seasons ago freezing cold, horizontal rain, no stand behind one goal(now built), temporary seating and about 3 feet from pitch and able just to walk on. Didnt have enough of their own stewards so brought in stewards from Preston North End! Still if they have been to Crappon Park no worse!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  MILTON REJECT Tue 25 May 2010, 3:41 pm

I hope AP gets signings sorted out early so that we wont have to wait for a few matches for them to gel.
MILTON REJECT
MILTON REJECT
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

POSSIBLE OPTIONS Empty PALACE PLAYERS AVAILABLE?

Post  Owen D Saints Tue 01 Jun 2010, 12:25 pm

QUOTE FROM THE ECHO:

Saints boss Alan Pardew might be at the front of the queue if Crystal Palace begin a player firesale today.

Pardew, who bought imposing centre-half Jose Fonte from Sel-hurst Park in January, has also previosuly tracked Palace’s highly-rated central midfield ace Neil Danns.

And right-back Danny Butterfield might also be someone Pardew would fancy bringing in on the cheap as he currently has no senior player in that position on his books.

Palace need the consortium CPFC 2010, who are attempting to buy the stricken club, to complete the deal by 3pm today. If they don’t, Agilo, the hedge fund which put Palace into administration in Jan-uary, will begin selling off players and dissolving the club.

The consortium have even called on Prime Minister David Cameron to intervene.

PricewaterhouseCoopers, who are selling the ground on behalf of Bank of Scotland, have included a clause in the deal for the bank to receive further money if the ground was sold on in the future.

A statement from CPFC 2010 read: “We have now reached agreement with Agilo regarding their debt against the club and did have what we thought was an agreement with Bank of Scotland, who are the major creditor of Selhurst Park Ltd.

“But we have been sent a contract that does not reflect this and it’s unworkable.

“Bank of Scotland is government owned and, as such, we urge the new Prime Minister to intervene or see this club with its 100-year history consigned to the scrapheap.”

Brendan Guilfoyle, the administrator running the club, on Friday made 29 staff redundant and does not have the money to pay the wages for May.

Guilfoyle has agreed a deal to sell Darren Ambrose to QPR and will have to offload further players, effectively ending any hopes of a takeover, unless the issue with the bank can be resolved.

He said: “I’m millions of pounds behind so I’ve got to start selling players, and if I do that the indications are that 2010 will withdraw.”
Owen D Saints
Owen D Saints

Male
Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down