SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CANARIES UP NEXT

2 posters

Go down

CANARIES UP NEXT Empty CANARIES UP NEXT

Post  SFC Forever Sun 14 Feb 2010, 9:10 pm

Can we keep the intensity up for this game. Our new players must have sensed the way the crowd and players were up for the blue sorts from down the east side. I don't know how many we are taking to cheer the team on but after this showing I hope that they can keep the vocal support going. Will we see 4 or 5 changes for the game and if so how will it effect us?
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

CANARIES UP NEXT Empty Re: CANARIES UP NEXT

Post  matty07uk Mon 15 Feb 2010, 8:55 pm

I think AP needs to think carefully who he plays at Norwich. A number of the players in last two cup games have done nothing to deserve being dropped though see Fonte coming in as is a class defender. Think I would leave Jaidi and Thomas in, know Thomas was given a hard time 2nd half but he had no cover and against genuine pace plus Otsemobor isn't any better. Would you play Puncheon or leave on bench, would like to see what he has to offer but again think its a question of maintaining some faith in the players who have given 100% commitment in last couple of games. Or do you look at strengthening the midfield and leave Antonio on bench and bring in James in midfield.

Other issue is presume will go 4 4 2 so who starts with Lambert, personally I would start Barnard and give him a run in the side to boost his confidence. I like waigo and to his credit he gets in positions but his misses were costly on Saturday plus his pace coming on as a sub makes him a real threat. Obviously would prefer Connolly to start but just dont know when he will be fit.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

CANARIES UP NEXT Empty Re: CANARIES UP NEXT

Post  SFC Forever Tue 16 Feb 2010, 10:15 am

I think Fonte will have to come in but I would definitely keep Thomas in the side. He has been the best RB we have all season and in my book still is if given enough cover.
James has some talent but is still not big and strong enough to be a holding midfield player. Wotton has done the job better for me but is simply a hoof ball merchant.
We were asking AP to find us a CM player who can tackle with bite since he arrived and he has failed to bring in a player for the most important part of the team. The engine needs one and this is my main complaint with AP.
He seems to want to bring in either old injury prone players or freebies that have not really improved our team. I am happy enough in that we have brought in some good players but some of his choices do not inspire confidence in me for the here and now
So who do we play against Norwich? Some would stay in favour over the new boys if they are still sharp.
Bart - I would give him a game
Thomas - deserves to stay in
Fonte - has a bit of class especially in this league
Jaidi - if sharp though he has a week to get over the two cup games
Harding - has done well enough to deserve a place
Papa - start him on the wide as he can always be switched inside
Hammond - He is a must but needs to concentrate more on breaking up Norwich attacks
Morgan - Has enough skill if the players around him can shield him
Lallana - hasto be given more of a free role to join Ricky as he sees fit
Puncheon - He needs to show us why AP has fought to get him
Lambert - first name on the sheet every week

You will see only two of the newbies with Bart recalled in place of Kelvin. Bart has been first choice keeper and if he hadn't broken his leg in that horrible accident he would possibly by now be a crowd favourite in my book.
With Kelvin reaching the end of his career we know that he cannot improve much but Bart can as he is still young for a keeper.
Seaborne I would have on the bench as he can always watch how two experienced CB players can play together.
Kelvin is obvious
Mills as cover for Harding
Wotton is a must because he can help shut up shop
Antonio as a strike substitution maybe for Papa
Barnard - has a need to show why we bought him
Otsemobor as a cover for Thomas
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257