SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAIRMAN CORTESE

2 posters

Go down

CHAIRMAN CORTESE Empty CHAIRMAN CORTESE

Post  SaintsChick Mon 03 Aug 2009, 3:05 pm

Nicola Cortese today appointed Exec Chaiman. This is in Echo.

NICOLA Cortese has been appointed executive chairman at Saints.

The man who led the negotiations for Markus Liebherr's takeover of the club has now officially taken up a seat on the board.

His principal role will be "the development and overseeing of the long term strategy for the football club and the business."

Liebherr said he was delighted with the appointment.

“Nicola has been pivotal in conceiving the purchase of the club and making it happen," he said.

"I am now delighted to entrust him with overseeing the club’s progress, development and achievement of success over the long term.

“Nicola and I have enjoyed a long business relationship and it was Nicola who convinced me about buying the club.

"He then conducted what proved to be a very difficult process very expertly and professionally.

"Ultimately, it happened because Nicola was at all times focused on strong business and ethical principles.

“Since our early conversations about the deal I made it clear that I would only buy the club if he remained involved following the purchase.

"I am therefore very happy that he has accepted the role as Executive Chairman.

“I would also like to express my thanks to Banque Heritage in Geneva, especially to the owner’s family, who have been very supportive and have allowed him to leave his executive position at the bank to now serve the club.

“I was impressed and overwhelmed with the welcome I received from the fans at the Ajax match. Let’s give Nicola the same well deserved welcome.”

Cortese said: “I have been running the club as Markus’ representative since 8 July and a good start has been made in recruiting well regarded senior staff and our new first team manager, who have begun putting together the strategies for on and off field success. But it is only a start.

“We have been reviewing, and will continue to review, every aspect of the club.

"We will be applying policies to our football team, commercial operations, financial structures, community work and fan communications which ensure that we run as a first-in-class football club and business.

“I realise that there are great expectations and I will ensure that every effort is expended to meet these expectations, but effectively we need to restructure and create a solid base from which we can build and become successful. This will take time.

“We will take our example from our supporters, who already are what we aim to become – Premier League.

"With their support we will again become a Premier League club. The supporters, the City of Southampton and the region deserve nothing less.

“Everyone at the club will be fully committed to responding to this great challenge.”

Cortese, 40, was educated in Switzerland and England in business communication and finance.

He is married to Alexandra and has two children, aged six and four.

He was involved for ten years in successful sports business practice as head of the sports and entertainment desk at top Swiss banks, providing global services to sports and entertainment professionals and principals.

He was also involved in a number of transactions in European football.
SaintsChick
SaintsChick
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Female
Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

CHAIRMAN CORTESE Empty Re: CHAIRMAN CORTESE

Post  SFC Forever Mon 03 Aug 2009, 8:55 pm

His CV looks good and he has the trust of the owner. I'm happy to know that he is now full time.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down