SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organic growth or filthy investment?

4 posters

Go down

Organic growth or filthy investment? Empty Organic growth or filthy investment?

Post  bloop Tue 02 Sep 2008, 5:55 pm

I personally am absolutely disgusted with this growing trend of oil rich tycoons purchasing PL clubs as "Trophy assets". When you think of how fuel prices are affecting inflation, ruining peoples live with decisions like "Should I eat or get cold". The people selling the oil have now become so rich they are happy to blow billions of pounds playing with football clubs.

Fuck wasting money on footballers, charge us less for oil you bastards!

In contrast, I'm really proud of what Saints are trying to achieve. Investing in (local) youth and producing a quality brand of entertaining attacking football. I'm really proud of our team now and I really hope we continue to improve. Blackpool was hopefully a minor blip and I'm sure lessons will have been learned. One thing is for sure, I really can't wait to see the next match and I haven't felt that way since Le Tiss was wearing the shirt (regularly).

So the point of the topic? Would you really be happy if a rich investor came in and bought us a team of star mercenaries? Or would it be a far more rewarding to succeed doing what we're currently doing? I personally vote for this experimental total Dutch thing!
bloop
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Organic growth or filthy investment? Empty Re: Organic growth or filthy investment?

Post  Admin Wed 03 Sep 2008, 4:32 pm

Bloop, see SFC Forever's comment on this on the 'Post of the Week' thread in Amusement Corner.
Admin
Admin
Forum Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-08-29

https://ohwhenthesaints.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Organic growth or filthy investment? Empty Re: Organic growth or filthy investment?

Post  deanovski Fri 05 Sep 2008, 5:42 pm

i want the financial stability to not worry about admin but also try the youngsters if it dont work by kaka=]
deanovski
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM

Male
Number of posts : 107
Humor : amazing lol
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  bloop Fri 05 Sep 2008, 6:28 pm

deanovski wrote:i want the financial stability to not worry about admin but also try the youngsters if it dont work by kaka=]

I know what you mean, but financial stability would come from not having billionaires coming in and upsetting the balance. They raise players wage expectations, by offering immoral and unsustainable high wages. I really believe a club should be able to operate on fan and ad generated revenue alone. Most lower league clubs have to!

Greed is causing the instability here and it's rotting our game to the core.
bloop

Male
Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  deanovski Fri 05 Sep 2008, 8:19 pm

my dad and brother are qpr fans and the fact they have brought in parejo(who aint tha great but has every one going omgggg madrid) and ledesma is AMAZING bit depressing.Glad you know what i meaan
deanovski

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperMikey Sun 07 Sep 2008, 10:23 pm

Organic growth by far. I wouldn't want some consortium of rich oil tycoons coming in and buying the club. The structure we have at the club allows us to make money, the stadium is in great condition and we have top notch training and youth facilities. With the right results and performances on the pitch, the fans will come back and gates will rise. The corners will re-open and everyone will be happy again.

Lowe isn't as bad as people make him out to be, he's a very shrewd businessman and i'd rather have him in charge of the club than Crouch anyday.
SuperMikey
SuperMikey
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 3
Job/hobbies : Student at Farnborough Sixth Form College
Humor : Acerbic.
Registration date : 2008-09-07

http://www.myspace.com/googlebot

Back to top Go down

Post  deanovski Sun 07 Sep 2008, 10:28 pm

crouch was in marks and spencers said in a few games we will know if we are in a relegation battle
deanovski

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down