SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the article from the News Of The World...

4 posters

Go down

This is the article from the News Of The World... Empty This is the article from the News Of The World...

Post  leesfc Mon 06 Apr 2009, 7:35 pm

This is the article from the News Of The World...
Try not to get angry...

"Rupert Lowe raps old Southampton board

By Andrew Warshaw, 04/04/2009
FORMER Southampton chairman Rupert Lowe last night blasted his predecessors for bringing the club to its knees and insisted: Don't blame me.

Saints are in danger of collapse after 125 years and will learn on Tuesday whether they will be docked 10 points by the Football League.

But Lowe hit back at the critics who have accused him of killing the club after two spells in charge.

Last week, trading in shares in Southampton Leisure Holdings, which owned Southampton and was headed by Lowe, was dramatically halted.

And fears are growing that the club itself could fold unless a buyer is found quickly.

Lowe - who was booted out as club chairman in 2006 but returned last year - resigned from the board on Thursday.

But yesterday he claimed he was not responsible for causing a £28million debt mountain.

Lowe declared: "The damage was done during the two years I was away, by the people who kicked me out.

"I went back knowing I was putting my head into the lion's jaws because the club was in dire straits. But having spent 10 years building Southampton up, I wanted to make sure that the club survived.

"It had been badly run by the board, who over-borrowed from the banks. Leon Crouch (previous chairman) is responsible for that. He was the kingmaker and it was from him that all the damage flowed.

"When I left in 2006, there was no debt. After I left, they racked up vast amounts of debts and put the club in a financial mess.

"Was I in the wrong place at the wrong time? Yes I was. Do I feel it's my fault for other people blowing the club wide open? No I don't."

Administrators have warned that without a white knight, there is a high risk that Saints will fold this summer.

Lowe admitted that it would be easier to find a buyer if Southampton stay in the Championship, but said the spending policy that caused their relegation dogfight was unavoidable.

"The reason we've been playing with kids this season is largely because the money was not there. That's not my fault. The previous regime squandered money on wages, on transfer fees, on stupid redecoration of the stadium and on squabbles.

"I was forced to cut costs but I'm proud of what we've achieved."

Lowe doubts he will ever again be involved.

"I have to say it's unlikely, even though I built the stadium. Have I been unfairly vilified? Possibly. I knew it was a risk going back but I'd do the same again. I still love the club."
leesfc
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

This is the article from the News Of The World... Empty Re: This is the article from the News Of The World...

Post  SFC Forever Mon 06 Apr 2009, 7:50 pm

That thing has no morals what so ever. Anger does not explain my feelings for him. I despise him far more than anyone whom I have met or heard of in my 62 years
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

This is the article from the News Of The World... Empty Re: This is the article from the News Of The World...

Post  leesfc Mon 06 Apr 2009, 7:57 pm

im the same mate hate him with a passion not shocked he passed the buck tho he is just a spineless twat.
leesfc
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Mon 06 Apr 2009, 8:02 pm

My only fear is that he has sold us a dummy. Tomorrow we should know whetther we get a points deduction. Also after the game at Watford we will have a better idea of how much chance of finishing out of the bottom 3.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Mon 06 Apr 2009, 9:37 pm

I despise that arrogant bastard with a passion. I know this is supposed to be a 'neighbourly' forum, but I cannot express enough my desire that Lowe rots in hell.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  leesfc Thu 09 Apr 2009, 2:23 pm

same here mate ROT IN HELL
leesfc
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  leesfc Thu 09 Apr 2009, 2:31 pm

sorry if thats harsh
leesfc
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Thu 09 Apr 2009, 5:41 pm

leesfc wrote:sorry if thats harsh

Harsh? That's doesn't go anywhere near far enough for that odious piece of excrement. :lol:
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs SFC Thu 09 Apr 2009, 5:50 pm

I will just be glad to see the end of all the troubles.
Then we can start to forget him.
Though we will never forgive.
Mrs SFC
Mrs SFC
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Female
Number of posts : 1206
Job/hobbies : Kids, anything Elvis and horses.
Humor : Living with him I need a good laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Thu 09 Apr 2009, 6:52 pm

It will take a long time to forget him.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down