SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th Match Official

2 posters

Go down

4th Match Official Empty 4th Match Official

Post  SFC Forever Mon 15 Sep 2008, 12:17 am

Why oh why can't the 4th official have access to the cameras at all of our (English) football league games. Cricket now has limited access so why can't the blinkered old fogies running the game let access be permitted. Diabolically inept officials cause more problems through their errors than ever before. Modern technology has advanced far quicker than it seems has officialdoms ability to perform.
In todays modern world crowds can see on large screens exactly what has happened over and over again. If players who transgress can be charged with an offence unseen by the match officials after tv has shown the incident over and over again, why can't the same cameras be used for the benefit of all. Several players have been charged after being exposed by the cameras. You cannot seriously tell me that this does the game any good. If used to prove a point in the interest of the game for their purposes they (the games heirarchy) must surely be morally compelled to use them in the premise of fair play.
It would not take more than a few seconds for the correct decision to be made. There is not one person who watched the game today can justify the awarding of the 2nd goal scored by QPR. Last season we score a perfectly good goal only to have it disallowed because the ball was not seen crossing the goal line. It is not onesided because we have also had the odd decision go our way.
The difference though is that when luck is on your side you are relieved. When on the other foot though you want to lynch the officials. We have been told, as have the players, that we need to show more respect. This small commodity costs nothing but does have to be earned. If referees used the technology a lot of errors would be corrected at source. This surely has to be a much more sensible option than ignoring it and hoping that the problem will sooner or later, even the score both ways or simpl go away.
We have the right to a fair result and the men in power are refusing us our rights. We should demand the use of technology to eradicate many errors whilst also showing us that the instant decisions are sometimes correct. THE TECHNOLOGY IS THEIR SO USE IT. HOW DO I TEACH MY KIDS TO HONOUR,SUPPORT AND RESPECT OFFICIALDOM WHEN THEY GET SO MUCH HORRIBLY WRONG. GIVE US THE RIGHT TO WIN OR LOSE FAIRLY.
Forgive me for rambling but I am bloody fuming.

SFC rests now with a cocoa.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

4th Match Official Empty Re: 4th Match Official

Post  Admin Mon 15 Sep 2008, 1:25 am

This must be a contender for the new week's Post of the Week award...
Admin
Admin
Forum Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-08-29

https://ohwhenthesaints.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down