SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man U build up

+4
desperate housewife
Perennial Underachiever
SFC Forever
teamsaint
8 posters

Go down

Man U build up Empty Man U build up

Post  teamsaint Mon 29 Dec 2008, 10:21 pm

It will be interesting to see what team Jan picks for Man U. I hope he rewards those who played well against Reading and keeps them in the team. Also I hope Mclaggon is a sub again because knowing Jan he will play him from the start and he won't have much impact. Bring him on after 65/70 mins and let him run. Also will there be an appearance for the returning Saganowski and will Surman and Lallana 'return from injury' :lol:

Ferdinand is supposed to be out for them which is god news for us.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Man U build up Empty Re: Man U build up

Post  SFC Forever Mon 29 Dec 2008, 10:26 pm

I think and hope that United will rest a few of their stars thinking that we are a soft touch. Must tell McG not to score until the time is up or they will retaliate with a vengeance.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Mon 29 Dec 2008, 10:28 pm

Thinking of which, what tomfoolery would we read on Sunday if we actually did win?
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Mon 29 Dec 2008, 10:29 pm

If Rooney is playing then I would hope Pearce would be playing because as much as I rate Cork he would be brushed aside by Rooney. If we are going for it then Jan should pick Holmsey on the left and Jake on the right to give us some width hopefully with DMG and BWP up front or maybe Saga if Jan would dare pick one of our 'big 3' strikers. Saga is the only one who we haven't seen the last of so I hope he will be back in the team and score some goals.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Mon 29 Dec 2008, 11:04 pm

SFC Forever wrote:Thinking of which, what tomfoolery would we read on Sunday if we actually did win?

Revolutionary coaching system puts the Saints back on the map as Saints record historic victory over English, European and World Champions
A perfect hat-trick from young academy starlet David McGoldrick helped Saints to a fantastic 3-0 over world champions Manchester United. Unable to contain his overwhelming pleasure at the money that will be made from McGoldrick's sale, PLC Chairman Rupert Lowe said "I am personally delighted that the wonderful academy that I have created is proving that by patiently rearing young English players and then converting them to the Dutch style total football only achieved by Johan Cryuff and the famous Dutch team of the 1897 World Cup, Southampton Football Club will move on from the mess created by Leon Crouch and his flatcapped fellows and will become a financially secure business once again". He continued "Michael and I knew that our faith in Jan Poortvliet, the academy lads that have emerged from the academy that I have created and the Dutch style total football, would eventually pay off and we feel Jan and the lads deserve their praise as well as the inevitable praise directed at me from all directions for my superb vision and ambition in creating a successful hockey club." When asked about Southampton's disappointing league position he replied "We are achieveing fantastic success from our revolutionary new coaching system as this result proves and Jan says that we are on course for teh play-offs so I am delighte with the progress being made."
When he finally emerged from Lowe's arse, where he has spent the last 8 months, Football Club Chairman Michael Wilde made the following comment, "It is a pleasing result for the team and Michael Svensson will be back from injury next month."
Manager Jan Poortvliet, who has an outstanding record of success with the youth teams he has managed in the Dutch Pepsi Max 5th Division South, was clearly relieved at the huge pressure that the result will take off his shoulders. "For sure I am great feeling about dis. De boysh dey fight, dey have de passion to make goals, dey always make for sure that Manchester are find life difficult, and so I am proud of de boysh because of dis. For me dey are perfect, dey are great boysh, Davidsh McGoaldrick is my favrate one daysh I will adopt him sosh I can be de father of him, you know, dat is how I feel for sure. Dis season we have been very unlucky I feel and de boysh are young, they are good boys, dey work hard at the training, you know, and now I am happy for them, espeshally for Morgan, Drew, Adam and David."
It was man of the match and hat-trick hero David McGoldrick who had the last say however. When he finally emerged from the changing room it was clear that he was rather unhappy despite his success on the pitch. When asked about his feelings regarding the game, he simply answered "Yeah, you know I'm like pleased and all to get a hat-trick an all especially against a great team like Man U you know. Obviously Lloydy set me up for two of the goals and all and Holmesy for the other and it was great team effort and all you know, but I've still lost me bling and all." It later emerged that the reason behind this comment and the young striker's obvious annoyance was the theft of several items of jewellery from the changing rooms during the match. Local police have confirmed that a 21 year old man has been arrested on suspicion of theft. Investigations continue.

We can dream Very Happy

Last edited by Admin on Tue 30 Dec 2008, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : being careful)
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Tue 30 Dec 2008, 4:45 pm

There's only one problem with that, teamsaint - you have not put enough 'you knows' in McGoldrick's 'interview'. ;) In his Radio Solent interview on Sunday after the match, if I'd had a quid for every 'you know' McGoldrick uttered, I could buy the club. 8)

I'll be listening as usual, on Sunday and I hope for the best of course. Whatever happens, it should be an interesting match.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  desperate housewife Tue 30 Dec 2008, 5:40 pm

teamsaint wrote:
SFC Forever wrote:Thinking of which, what tomfoolery would we read on Sunday if we actually did win?

Revolutionary coaching system puts the Saints back on the map as Saints record historic victory over English, European and World Champions
A perfect hat-trick from young academy starlet David McGoldrick helped Saints to a fantastic 3-0 over world champions Manchester United. Unable to contain his overwhelming pleasure at the money that will be made from McGoldrick's sale, PLC Chairman Rupert Lowe said "I am personally delighted that the wonderful academy that I have created is proving that by patiently rearing young English players and then converting them to the Dutch style total football only achieved by Johan Cryuff and the famous Dutch team of the 1897 World Cup, Southampton Football Club will move on from the mess created by Leon Crouch and his flatcapped fellows and will become a financially secure business once again". He continued "Michael and I knew that our faith in Jan Poortvliet, the academy lads that have emerged from the academy that I have created and the Dutch style total football, would eventually pay off and we feel Jan and the lads deserve their praise as well as the inevitable praise directed at me from all directions for my superb vision and ambition in creating a successful hockey club." When asked about Southampton's disappointing league position he replied "We are achieveing fantastic success from our revolutionary new coaching system as this result proves and Jan says that we are on course for teh play-offs so I am delighte with the progress being made."
When he finally emerged from Lowe's arse, where he has spent the last 8 months, Football Club Chairman Michael Wilde made the following comment, "It is a pleasing result for the team and Michael Svensson will be back from injury next month."
Manager Jan Poortvliet, who has an outstanding record of success with the youth teams he has managed in the Dutch Pepsi Max 5th Division South, was clearly relieved at the huge pressure that the result will take off his shoulders. "For sure I am great feeling about dis. De boysh dey fight, dey have de passion to make goals, dey always make for sure that Manchester are find life difficult, and so I am proud of de boysh because of dis. For me dey are perfect, dey are great boysh, Davidsh McGoaldrick is my favrate one daysh I will adopt him sosh I can be de father of him, you know, dat is how I feel for sure. Dis season we have been very unlucky I feel and de boysh are young, they are good boys, dey work hard at the training, you know, and now I am happy for them, espeshally for Morgan, Drew, Adam and David."
It was man of the match and hat-trick hero David McGoldrick who had the last say however. When he finally emerged from the changing room it was clear that he was rather unhappy despite his success on the pitch. When asked about his feelings regarding the game, he simply answered "Yeah, you know I'm like pleased and all to get a hat-trick an all especially against a great team like Man U you know. Obviously Lloydy set me up for two of the goals and all and Holmesy for the other and it was great team effort and all you know, but I've still lost me bling and all." It later emerged that the reason behind this comment and the young striker's obvious annoyance was the theft of several items of jewellery from the changing rooms during the match. Local police have confirmed that a 21 year old man has been arrested on suspicion of theft. Investigations continue.

We can dream Very Happy

that is hilarious!!!!!...... lol!
desperate housewife
desperate housewife
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Female
Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Tue 30 Dec 2008, 6:14 pm

Agreed. Can now be offered os a candidate for POTM perhaps
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Wed 31 Dec 2008, 10:20 pm

How about this team

-------------------------Davis--------------------------
James---------Cork?---------------Perry----------Skacel
---------------Gillett---------------Schneiderlin---------
BWP---------------McGoldrick--------------------Holmes
---------------------------Saga------------------------

Subs: Bart, Olly, Mills, Euell, Thomson, McLaggon, Gobern
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Wed 31 Dec 2008, 10:39 pm

I am sorely tempted to swap James and Cork. James has improved a lot lately and how much more could he show in his natural position. I also he would do better at covering the back.
So : Davis, Cork Lancashire,Perry,Skacel,James,Gillett,Surman,Holmes,McCormack,Paterson
Bart,Gobern,McClaggon,Thomson, Schneiderlin
Spiderman I would prefer to keep for the next 4 matches. Especially as he is looking injury prone at the moment.
I am also tempted to pick Gobern instead of Gillett for his size

Just looking at the players we have makes you realise what size task faces us..
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Thu 01 Jan 2009, 3:05 pm

Todays signing of a young left back puts a different perspective on things. He is apparently ready to play and could be a surprise selection for us against Utd.

Heck, what do I know.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivo Sat 03 Jan 2009, 6:19 pm

I see some ticket agency's are selling tickets for up to £185 Shocked

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4017602.Manchester_United_and_Saints_ticket_rip_off/
Ivo
Ivo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Minsk Sat 03 Jan 2009, 8:42 pm

teamsaint wrote:

We can dream Very Happy

That is excellent! Genius sir, pure genius!! Very Happy
Minsk
Minsk
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Post  desperate housewife Sat 03 Jan 2009, 11:09 pm

SFC Forever wrote:Agreed. Can now be offered os a candidate for POTM perhaps

i'll 2nd that one!!!!
desperate housewife
desperate housewife
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Female
Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs SFC Sun 04 Jan 2009, 1:08 pm

Just bring on United. See our boys grow up.
Mrs SFC
Mrs SFC
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Female
Number of posts : 1206
Job/hobbies : Kids, anything Elvis and horses.
Humor : Living with him I need a good laugh.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sun 04 Jan 2009, 1:38 pm

According to a post on TSW, there's no Rooney, Ronaldo or Tevez.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparkle Sun 04 Jan 2009, 1:42 pm

Come on Saints
Sparkle
Sparkle
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Female
Number of posts : 1472
Job/hobbies : Dancing,Listening 2 music,Working wid children nd archery
Humor : Family Humor
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sun 04 Jan 2009, 1:44 pm

I am (perversely, I suppose) looking forward to the match because I am interested to see how our players measure up against quality opposition. Yes, we may get a complete mullering but on the other hand 'de boysh' may well give a good account of themselves. Here's hoping...
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 04 Jan 2009, 2:02 pm

It is a very long time since we had a penalty. What chance of one today?
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 04 Jan 2009, 2:04 pm

Even better, how about Paterson scoring his first goal for us. Lots of players never score aginst the really big teams.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sun 04 Jan 2009, 2:24 pm

SFC Forever wrote:It is a very long time since we had a penalty. What chance of one today?

And even longer since we scored from one!
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 04 Jan 2009, 3:17 pm

How about a win double. Paterson scoring from the spot.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content