SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WOLVES AT ST MARYS....

+3
SFC Forever
WWanderer
SaintMike
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WOLVES AT ST MARYS.... Empty WOLVES AT ST MARYS....

Post  SaintMike Sun 09 Nov 2008, 9:41 am

Any Wolves fans checking us out?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

WOLVES AT ST MARYS.... Empty Re: WOLVES AT ST MARYS....

Post  WWanderer Sun 09 Nov 2008, 9:29 pm

im a wolves fan have been all my life hehe, hoping for a good match

i hope that we can win, but who knows being a wolves fan myself i guess i am biased when i say we are in amazing form at the moment but all the best guys and goodluck for the game to u hope the best team on the day wins
WWanderer
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 09 Nov 2008, 10:01 pm

Welcome WW and like you we are hoping for a good game. Just hope we are the best team. Not likely perhaps but it is possible. As a fan you must have an idea about your teams best players, so who do we need to worry about most?
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  WWanderer Sun 09 Nov 2008, 10:13 pm

ebanks blake, michael kightly and iwelumo are all threats.. also carlos edwards has been playing great lately and cutting inside alot i would say that u need to watch out for counter attacks because we do very good forward runs and also the passing of david jones is very impressive lately.

i would say our defence is very good and we have just got another clean sheet, kevin foley in particular does some nice runs and is very hard to get past this season 8/10 every game very consistant.. stephen ward surprisingly has been playing very well indeed at left back considering he is a striker/left midfield but overall our team works together so i would say watch out for everyone at the moment they work for eachother and as burnley noticed lately we are very solid at the back
WWanderer
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Vegassaint Sun 09 Nov 2008, 10:34 pm

welcome to our abode ww
thanks for the insight in to wolves
you are not making me feel any better but then again i support the saints

do you think that you can keep hold of ebanks blake and keightly in january as they are both outstanding players at present :?: :?: :?:
Vegassaint
Vegassaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Job/hobbies : DARTS FOOTBALL GOLF DRINKING
Humor : mock the week,porridge
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  WWanderer Sun 09 Nov 2008, 11:50 pm

yes, kightly has recently signed a new 4 year deal and ebanks blake has said he doesnt want to leave wolves also mentioned that he loved the club, our chairman said we will not be selling any of our players as we have no need to and we are good for money at the moment - we are building for the premiership we have no intention of selling our best players quoted from steve morgan

i think one day i can see them playing for england hopefully they will be at wolves when that happens in the premier league

as for other players who are attracting attention hennessey will also not be leaving as has recently been stated by him and the club - unless he requests it of course but who knows

we are apparently going to try and sign michael mancienne from chelsea personally i think its a great move in the right direction he really gives us pace at the back and removes our old weakness of pace with collins

ismail zele is one to watch out for at wolves he is 15 and has recently been in the news plays for england under 16s and also won player of the tournament for the milk cup scores 5 - 6 in some games aswell hes on fire rated the next 100 m player (or so i hope) as for selling him i dont think its gonna happen as he loves the club and has been with us since he was 10 and we have no need for money/dont want to sell any of our youth

jamie reckford is another one i am impressed with he plays for england under 16s also simple defender who doesnt mess around and has been playing amazingly in defence i hope to see these young players in wolves squad in the near future because they look to be amazing

as for the saints im not sure about your youth but im sure u have some decent youth coming through as u have in recent years for example theo walcott? so have you got any news about your transfer targets for january? southhampton are a good club i am sure that ull do well any views on your own team ?

also im very impressed with carl ikeme - amazing goalie at the moment at 22 yrs old

im very excited about wolves future and i hope we can stay up if we do go up this season, as our chairman has been stating he is planning on expanding our stadium and working on making the wolves ground and the area as a whole more urban not sure what he means 100% but im sure its good our stadium he said will go to around 43000 seats that is the planned expansion we have been hearing our setup right now is premier league standard he has been saying since we have had new facilities for our training
WWanderer
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Mon 10 Nov 2008, 1:22 am

Welcome aboard WW and thanks for your posts. I am sure we will have our work cut out Saturday but the unexpected sometimes happens.

Are you old enough to remember 1965 when we beat you 9-3???
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Mon 10 Nov 2008, 1:26 am

Here is my post on the Wolves Rivals site together with a couple of replies...

http://wolverhamptonwanderers.rivals.net/forum/pgePosts.aspx?threadId=288357&boardId=104&clubId=89
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  WWanderer Mon 10 Nov 2008, 3:41 am

yup i can remember many times at the saints that we have been thrashed.. u used to be one of our main teams we lost to but i hope that we can pull a win off. but like u said who knows i hope not my hopes are high for this season much like the other wolves fans around
WWanderer
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  wednesfield_wolves Mon 10 Nov 2008, 3:13 pm

YES AND ME SO BONJOUR FROM WEDNESFIELD LOOKIN FORWARD TO SATURDAY HOPIN TO GET ONE OVER YOU HOPEFULY
wednesfield_wolves
wednesfield_wolves
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Mon 10 Nov 2008, 3:36 pm

I was at Molineaux early '66 when it was a 1-1 draw. It was David Webb's first game for Saints. Wolves had a player making his debut too but can't remember his name. Anyone know?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Mon 10 Nov 2008, 5:08 pm

You know, one of the things I have liked is the way all our opponents fans are sociable. True fans who want the best for their teams without unneccesary abuse of rivals. Also want to thank WW for such a good feedback on his team.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  wednesfield_wolves Mon 10 Nov 2008, 6:34 pm

no worries boys and girl its a pleasure. rivals yuo do get alot of idiots . best of luck anyway for saturday.
wednesfield_wolves
wednesfield_wolves
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  WWanderer Mon 10 Nov 2008, 8:59 pm

yeah there are many idiots that slag any team off and even our own team no matter how well we do, we have a few on Express and star after every highlight or article that is written they find points to pick that are not even in the least a bit constructive i would consider that very childish

i love wolves and always have.. always will they are my team that has run in my family for along time seeing them do so well makes me feel incredible as a fan

so best of luck guys i hope u can get into a good run of results soon as u deserve a better league position then u currently sit in
WWanderer
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Mon 10 Nov 2008, 9:43 pm

Yep we look at you now with a tinge of envy. Our turn will come and with a little strengthening it could happen next year. Good luck and hopefully we can have a good game. From our point of view, naturally.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Tue 11 Nov 2008, 8:51 pm

The players so far that have been good for us are :-
Davis our goalie who has kept us in games when our defence goes missing.
Lancashire a CB who is very inexperienced but looks as though he could be good. Just hope he cuts out his rash tackles and learns to read the game.
Pearce has just got here and is on loan but looks a solid player for us at the back.
Schneiderlin looks as though he could be anything. Ooses class when fit. We have sorely missed him when imjured.
Surman who has played for England U21 in midfield could also end up as a star. Has skill but can get caught out of position. One of our better prospects though.
Lallana has been getting rave notices for his play at times and has dancing feet. Should be available this week after injury.
McGoldrick flatters to deceive so many times but has still shown some good moments. Just not enough to convince us that he will make it all the way.
Several players have had to play out of position and Cork is one example. Has had some good games for us and will be missed when he returns to Chelsea.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  WWanderer Tue 11 Nov 2008, 9:21 pm

well we are hoping to sign mancienne from chelsea full time, did u hear? abramovich has lost over 12 billion and chelsea are not that rich anymore i hear.. they need to sell players to get money for first team signings.

we just hope our form sticks for as long as possible, and i have noticed your defence is a little weak to fast counter attacks in your last match - have been watching to see how you play.

confidence is key, but im just wondering how fast your wing backs are if they could stop kightly and edwards.. i wouldnt wanna bet anything but we have an old grudge to settle from your 6 - 0 thumping of us before even though we dominated lol
WWanderer
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Tue 11 Nov 2008, 9:53 pm

I pray that we don't see a similar scoreline this week because I don't think we are capable of getting half of that this time around. I'll be taking a couple of my kids,Sparkle and Twizzle, so please we pray ,no embararssing scores. Unless we have another miracle.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  wednesfield_wolves Wed 12 Nov 2008, 5:28 pm

WWanderer wrote:well we are hoping to sign mancienne from chelsea full time, did u hear? abramovich has lost over 12 billion and chelsea are not that rich anymore i hear.. they need to sell players to get money for first team signings.

we just hope our form sticks for as long as possible, and i have noticed your defence is a little weak to fast counter attacks in your last match - have been watching to see how you play.

confidence is key, but im just wondering how fast your wing backs are if they could stop kightly and edwards.. i wouldnt wanna bet anything but we have an old grudge to settle from your 6 - 0 thumping of us before even though we dominated lol

haha this is true mate but nah i wouldnt want these to suffer that they are a sound lot. make us very welcome on their site. big thanks to all ya saints
wednesfield_wolves
wednesfield_wolves
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Wed 12 Nov 2008, 6:29 pm

Tis us should be thanking you as you are able to give clear passionate views of your team with honesty. Friendly rivalry is always welcome here and you will keep visiting for a chat after the game we hope.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  wednesfield_wolves Wed 12 Nov 2008, 7:02 pm

SFC Forever wrote:Tis us should be thanking you as you are able to give clear passionate views of your team with honesty. Friendly rivalry is always welcome here and you will keep visiting for a chat after the game we hope.
100% deffo mate no worries cheers Very Happy Very Happy
wednesfield_wolves
wednesfield_wolves
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  WWanderer Wed 12 Nov 2008, 10:49 pm

so.. southampton fans can u guys predict a score for the game?

i go for about 3 - 0 to wolves just on the forms compared
WWanderer
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Dell-ta Dawn Wed 12 Nov 2008, 11:20 pm

2-2 I think. We'll come back from 2 down.
Dell-ta Dawn
Dell-ta Dawn
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Female
Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Thu 13 Nov 2008, 4:06 pm

I think we will surprise you. Abig game which should have the team raring to go from the off. 3 - 2
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  wednesfield_wolves Thu 13 Nov 2008, 5:25 pm

i reakon it will be very close but i think we,ll scrape it 2_1
wednesfield_wolves
wednesfield_wolves
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next