SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AWAY TO MAN CITY

3 posters

Go down

AWAY TO MAN CITY Empty AWAY TO MAN CITY

Post  SaintMike Thu 01 Nov 2018, 10:11 am

Saints to get thrashed? Or can they make a game of it??
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

AWAY TO MAN CITY Empty Re: AWAY TO MAN CITY

Post  matty07uk Fri 02 Nov 2018, 5:07 pm

4 - 0 defeat! We should be capable of making a game of it but for some reason Hughes doesn't seem to be able to fire this lot up and expect them to show far to much respect to City. Will be interesting to see the line up, would expect no change at the back, Hojberg back in midfield and I would like to see Romeau to strengthen the defensive side and allow Hojberg to play further forward, I would add Armstrong instead of Austin. Then we might have a chance but somehow cannot see Hughes picking this team, Hojberg back in will mean Romeau out, Elousyi will start over Armstrong.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:26 am

I think my vibes must need medication...... they are telling me Saints can win 0-1!!

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Sun 04 Nov 2018, 3:09 am

Mike, I like your positive outlook, but fear that Matty may be closer to the actual result.
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 05 Nov 2018, 7:23 pm

Well no surprise really, pretty poor performance. I did actually look for a deal on Sky Bet for 4+ goals defat but didn't bet as was 6/5 virtually even money!

Hoedt looked awful again, typical hoof for the own goal and for the 5th goal wher he tried to foul Sterling, couldn't even do that right but if you then watch Sterling just strolls round the outside into the box to take a return ball while Hoedt sauntered back aimlessly, not looking at the players etc. For the second goal half hearted tackle by Bertrand who then made no effort to get back, Stephens again poor positioning and outjumped for a fairly simple cross that should be a defenders all day long and no one bothered about marking Silva in the box, with Cedric no where. The defence is a shambles but Hughes is at fault, Yoshida and Bedanek do not get a look in and probably our best CBs, certainly were towards the end of last season, and Vesterguard seems to have been made the scapecoat.

But the team played like the club, drifting aimlessly, no passion or vision and reflected in performances on the pitch. Don't think Hughes has the inclination to sort it. For Saturday he should be making whole scale changes, Bertrand, Hoedt, Cedric, Redmond all dropped, Romeau back in front of the back 4 of Targett, Yoshida, Stephens or Vestergard and Bedanek.

At least Obafemi got on the bench, thankful for that.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Tue 06 Nov 2018, 3:41 am

Yes Matty I have to agree with you.

For a change I was actually able to watch most of this game (I almost wrote 'match', which it definitely was not). Apart from a few moments, Saints appeared listless and lacking in fight. I'm guessing that Hughes will be soon gone if things don't change, but fear that the real problems lie within the higher echelon of the club with regard to recruiting policy/choices et cetera.
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Thu 08 Nov 2018, 10:03 am

Saints must certainly find a way of getting points soon.....they have been fortunate that a handful of other clubs have been getting poor results but that is unlikely to last.

I read that Matt Le Tissier is saying the club is unlikely to have funds to spend in January, not sure I understand that as the attendances are better than a number of other clubs that seem to have money to spend. But anyway, I don't think buying in January is really the main necessity..... much more important to concentrate on getting the best from the players we have. On paper, they should be sitting comfortably in mid-table.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down