SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AND FINALLY.........AWAY TO MANCHESTER CITY

3 posters

Go down

AND FINALLY.........AWAY TO MANCHESTER CITY Empty AND FINALLY.........AWAY TO MANCHESTER CITY

Post  SaintMike Fri 22 May 2015, 11:18 am

Can Saints achieve a surprise result and stand a chance of overtaking Spurs and/or Liverpool?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

AND FINALLY.........AWAY TO MANCHESTER CITY Empty Re: AND FINALLY.........AWAY TO MANCHESTER CITY

Post  matty07uk Fri 22 May 2015, 10:02 pm

Well I think we could get a point and think spurs will lose at Everton so we could end up 6th, will be tough game though and you never quite know with City if they are on fire or an off day. Kelvin in goal for his 300th but no Morgan which is disappointing as hoped he might have been fit for the last game. Would expect same 11 to start as last week but would like to see Seager and Gallagher on the bench
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

AND FINALLY.........AWAY TO MANCHESTER CITY Empty Re: AND FINALLY.........AWAY TO MANCHESTER CITY

Post  SaintMike Mon 25 May 2015, 12:47 am

Well it wasn't to be. Saints didn't play too badly but they needed more bite in front of goal..........and I had the feeling City were always in control and they could have moved up a gear if they had to.

My armchair ratings.....

Kelvin Davis 7
Clyne 6
Fonte 6
Toby 7
Bertrand 7
Wanyama 6
Steve Davis 6
Djuricic 7
Long 8
Mane 6
Pelle 6

Ward-Prowse 5
Elia 5
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 25 May 2015, 2:00 pm

well a disappointing result, didn't play to badly but lacked a real threat up front. disappointed that no place on the bench for Gallagher or Seager and surprised that Djurivic started. Hasn't done anything to impress me, lightweight and yesterday he seemed to sit in the middle and constrain the way mane played, when he went off Mane suddenly had space to run into. Again would have liked Ward Prowse or Reed to have started as certainly better prospects and tough on Ward Prowse who had a good game against Villa. City even worse in their team selection no place for any youngsters and if you don't play in a game where result makes no change in position then when do you play them?

Saints were bright to start with knocked the ball around well without direct threats but started to lose the midfield battle and then getting stretched. with Long Pelle and mane starting then crucial that Djurivic did he defensive duties and afraid rarely did. Silva was a handful but resolute defending kept us in the game. went behind through good exchange by City players, ball was pulled back and Lampard left all unmarked fired home, poor play by midfield players not to have picked up

Davis 7 couple of fumbles but some good recoveries
Clyne 7 had one of his better games
Fonte 7 battled hard all game and good blocks
Toby 7 hope we can sign him
Bertrand 7 good game and got forward well in second half
Davis 6 did okay but rarely got forward
Wanyama 7 a good game, a few misplaced passes but at times was the only one winning the ball
Djurivic 6 thought a lightweight and while occasionally brought the ball forward far to often wandered aimlessly in midfield when we didn't have the ball
Mane 7 quite first half but more involved in second half
Long 7 decent game and caused City some problems
Pelle 6 one of those games when he did not look like scoring

subs
Ward Prowse 7 added some urgency when he came on, should have started
Elija 6, didn't do much but could have been a youngster who got match experience.

Will add more later
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 25 May 2015, 6:56 pm

second half again we played well having plenty of possession. Mane came more into the game and Long caused a few problems, Bertrand got down the left side a few times and put in some decent crosses, unfortunately we were caught offside a fair bit though once the ball came off a city player, need to either hit the ball early or run at the defenders, Pelle made a couple of decent runs but the pass was delayed so strayed offside. Second goal was not a good one to concede, ball knocked in headed to far post and Auguero unmarked, as well as close to offside.

So now need Arsenal to beat Villa so we can play in Europe, hope we do as helps build the image and will help keep as well as sign players, I think Clyne will wait until he sees if in Europe. appreciate means an early start to the season with a 2 leg qualifying round but we would be looking for pre season friendlies anyhow so we should just treats as such. On paper and recent form arsenal should thump Villa but it is the FA cup final and I remember 1976 when a team from the south coast had no hope!

matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Mon 25 May 2015, 11:32 pm

Thanks for the excellent analysis Matty. I hadn't realised you were going to the game, which is why I gave my sorry attempt at ratings. As you were there, it is of course your ratings that will take precedence when I calculate who is our Player of the Month.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Tue 26 May 2015, 7:26 am

Thanks fellas for the reports,

My computer has been playing up and this is my first foray onto the internet since last Thursday.

Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Tue 26 May 2015, 8:14 pm

me and my mate went up by train on the day, long day leaving Soton at 7 in the morning back at 11 but as was BH next day thought we would go as had the day to recover!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down