SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A CRUCIAL COUPLE OF WEEKS......

3 posters

Go down

A CRUCIAL COUPLE OF WEEKS...... Empty A CRUCIAL COUPLE OF WEEKS......

Post  SaintMike Fri 18 Jul 2014, 10:22 am

Just 4 weeks till the big kick-off and the next couple of weeks are going to be crucial.

There is much talk of other clubs trying for Lovren, Schneiderlin, Cork, Chambers, Ramirez, Fonte and JRod. Can we keep all or most of them??

It had looked as if Caulker could be a useful addition to our defence but it seems pretty definite now that he will be joining QPR.

We still have 4 weeks till the start of the season but if new additions are to be clicking with the team from the start we really need them to be here at least a couple of weeks before. For some reason an important date in my mind is 1st August. I hope that come 1st August we will still have our current squad plus 3 good additions all signed up. If we should lose players then we will need more signings to replace them too.

COME ON SAINTS......
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

A CRUCIAL COUPLE OF WEEKS...... Empty Re: A CRUCIAL COUPLE OF WEEKS......

Post  matty07uk Fri 18 Jul 2014, 8:47 pm

Have to say so far has been a summer of ups and down though more downs than ups and I am not overly optimistic. Reason for that is although we signed Tadic and Pelle, that was in the papers for weeks before signed, which is pretty much the way it is now, yet there have been few firm rumours since then. Talk of a goalie but looks like no firm bid, same for CH and think this is consistent with the way Reed operates, he is indecisive but still has to much influence and will want to push academy players, no problem if they are good enough but I think it is unrealistic to think we can turn our 3 or 4 Premiership quality players from Academy every year.

Year we were promoted we ended up rushing around at the last minute and ended up with Yoshida, okay bot not great, Mayuka poor, Forren disaster and I can see that being repeated, which if it does will totally hack off Koeman which is my real fear. I really hope we sign some decent players quickly but not sure will happen, we will sign some players but not convinced of their quality. Plus I think they will cave in to player demand and can see Lovren, Cork and Fonte leaving, defence will be poor which will lead to season of fighting relegation.

really hope to be proved wrong but if you look what reed has done in the 8 weeks since the season ended plus Reed said we had a list of targets way before and only 4 weeks to start of season, to late in my view. While Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum remain in charge the club will go backwards, Actually easy to fix and not massively expensive, sack Reed and Hunter and move Ralphie boy aside and bring in John Williams to run the Football side of the club
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 22 Jul 2014, 5:00 pm

Saints have been quite strongly linked today with Forster, Caulker, Vlaar, De Vrij, Rojo, Gnabry (loan), Guidetti.......7 players and there is no way that is going to happen. But if we could sign Forster, Gnabry, Guidetti plus 2 of the 4 defenders (5 players in total) then I would be delighted, and surely we can afford to buy them at an acceptable price without having to mess it all up by putting in stupidly low offers. Please Saints can this be done NOW so that preparations can be made for the season?

In truth, I expect we will get maybe one of them, perhaps 2 if we are really lucky. But please Saints prove me wrong.....let's go for it!!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Tue 22 Jul 2014, 9:49 pm

Caulker now at QPR, though if true on £80k a week then glad we didn't sign, stupid money even for premiership player as still has to prove themselves. typical redknapp he is useless just throw buckets loads of cash, the only way he can manage. So hope QPR get relegated and will be massively hurt financially with FP rules.

As you said Mike can we get this done NOW, not a chance and while I have no sympathy with players who sign contracts then look to walk it does suggest there is something else at saints which is making them doubt we will even be a top 10 side, most players would glad settle to be 8th. no real obvious reason why new contracts not offered to Cork Fonte Davis and Boruc. indecisive senior management looking to run the club on the cheap, think Koeman got mugged!

matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 26 Jul 2014, 9:17 am

Another week gone and things look worse than they did a week ago.....even if we can make a few decent signings it is looking unlikely that they will have blended as a team in time.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 26 Jul 2014, 2:22 pm

with Chambers going I am convinced the owners are looking to sell, they are getting as much cash as they can before selling for a lower price having cashed in on the assets. think Koeman will walk at this rate and who could blame him. Anyone else still like Reed? he is just a suck up merchant, no spine and clearly someone who is good at lying in public after what he said to saints fans
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:43 am

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 27 Jul 2014, 6:54 am

Mike/Pete

had enough and going to escape for a week, who knows may have signed someone during that time but doubt it.

Off to Glasgow for Commonwealth games , seeing 3 nights of Athletics back next Sunday. Typical now raining in Glasgow!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 27 Jul 2014, 11:19 am

Have a great break Matty, I'm sure Saints will sign at least 3 or 4 great players while you are away.  Rolling Eyes 

Maybe you can get a couple of Celtic players on the cheap while you are there.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Mon 28 Jul 2014, 8:26 am

With so little time left before the Liverpool match it is now going to be very difficult for new signings to mould as a team....I am wondering now whether there is any chance we could sign a few quality players who are already used to playing together either for Holland or Feyenoord?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Mon 28 Jul 2014, 9:10 am

Have a great time at the Games mate. The next ones are over here on the Gold Coast, it might be worth a trip as well.
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 02 Aug 2014, 8:51 pm

Suspect weather will be better, actually not that bad, a few showers but never got wet, Athletics were good, saw Rutherford, Weir wins plus lots of silvers, womens 200m great race.

back page in Scottish Express is expected to go back for Forster this week, Celtic need the money as likely to be knocked out of European cup plus they signed the ex sunderland goalie back in May so suspect will all be down to price, paper said they might hold out for £12m as we were loaded, suspect £8m will be final figure
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down