SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UP FOR THE CUP....... CHELSEA AT AT MARYS

3 posters

Go down

UP FOR THE CUP....... CHELSEA AT AT MARYS Empty UP FOR THE CUP....... CHELSEA AT AT MARYS

Post  SaintMike Wed 02 Jan 2013, 10:41 am

The Cup is obviously not a priority, but it would be a shame if the confidence took a knocking. Much more important that we take 3 points from Villa next week.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

UP FOR THE CUP....... CHELSEA AT AT MARYS Empty Re: UP FOR THE CUP....... CHELSEA AT AT MARYS

Post  matty07uk Wed 02 Jan 2013, 7:36 pm

Definitely 3 points against Villa more important but think can balance resting some players and still putting out a decent team. Would play

Boruc,
Fox, Hoovieveld, Fonte, Richardson.
Guly, Ward-Prowse, Davis, Chaplow
Rodrigues, Lee
Subs
Davis, Stephens, Yoshida, Mayuka, Reeves, Hoskins, (Lambert & De Ridder (though I wouldnt really have him anywhere near the team) if 7 subs.

Still able to put out a team that for many did well last year, an oppportunity to show to Adkins he has got it wrong this season, and one that ought to at least make Chelsea work

matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

UP FOR THE CUP....... CHELSEA AT AT MARYS Empty Re: UP FOR THE CUP....... CHELSEA AT AT MARYS

Post  SaintMike Sat 05 Jan 2013, 1:41 pm

Guessing 2-2..............and a replay we don't want.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:20 pm

1-0 up to 3-1 4-1 down. I have the feeling we might be on the receiving end of an ugly scoreline here. pale
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:37 pm

And Fonte carried off with a potentially serious injury, which is worse than getting a hammering.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Sat 05 Jan 2013, 4:46 pm

5-1 now. VERY dodgy pen. Evil or Very Mad
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 05 Jan 2013, 6:48 pm

very disappointing, dont mind losing to a top side but expect the players to play with some passion and spirit and also expected more from Adkins whose tactics were poor and yet again awful substitutions. For first 30 minutes we did okay as we up for it though Cork and Shaw were having a tough time thanks partly to both Guly and Puncheon not doing their defensive duties.

Goal for Saints was well worked breakaway. Ball with Puncheon who played a great ball for Rodrigues who calmy slid home. Boruc was looking bit iffy spilled a couple of shots but was able to regain, came for a cross and missed but then came and caught a couple. Their first goal was for me example of us gifting the goal. Guly lost the ball on left with poor clearance which then ended up out far right, Cork exposed with Puncheon no where, ball into box and pulled back for ba, looked like davis nearly cleared off line but only managed to hit into top of goal. That would not have been to bad except we went to sleep to let them score right on stroke of half time, again down left side with cork outnumbered. That is last 3 home games we have conceded in last 5 minutes of half. Wake up Adkins that is consistency we dont need and refelcts for me a poor mental attitude to keep a game tight and see through to half time/full time.

Second half looked no spirit in the side and third goal again came down left side where Cork undone, cross met with header, simple. Then Adkins takes off Schneiderlin and replaces with De Ridder, I am sure he does it just to wind me up. Guly moved to centre of midfield and was actually more effective second half. Fourth goal we were unlucky as saints player clearly fouled in midfield in front of dunce Dean (he is the most arrogant awful ref in this league) and from that we get opened up for an easy goal and that is when fonte was injured. If I ever meet Dean in the street I think I will do him some damage as he has never given us a decent decision and I cant remember us ever winning a game he took charge of.

We should have pulled one back when great ball from Guly across the goal went to De Ridder who missed a great opportunity to score, rebound went to Davis whose shot was well saved. Fact is De Ridder should have buried. Final goal should be creditied to Dean. Lampard on edge of box trying to chip over simply kicked the ball against Cork from about 2 yards away. No way was there any movement of his arm, ball kicked at him and absolutely no way Dean would have given at the other end. Boruc no chance with the penalty. Guly hit a couple of decent corners which no one got on the end off and although Lee finally made an appearance looked like his team mates had forgotten what he looked like as when he made a decent run they hit the ball in the opposite direction.

Going out of the cup to Chelsea is no disgrace but were worrying signs for me. No spiirt when we went behind, conceding yet again towards end of half, Adkins unable to change a game with his subs and using the wrong subs, persisting with de Ridder who wouldnt get in most Champioship sides, playing players out of position (Cork) when we have others who could have benefited from the game(Richardson). And although Boruc really couldnt be faulted with the goals he simply doesnt inspire confidence which affects the rest of the team, if Adkins doesnt sign a proper experienced goalie as No 1 we will go down.

Boruc 6 cple of decent saves but spilled others and doesnt inspire confidence
Cork 5 no support and roasted, play him in midfield where he has been so effective
Yoshida 5 his distribution was awful which meant he gave the ball away keeping the pressure on the team
Fonte 6 his injury looked bad, not sure why Adkins didnt start Hoovield
Shaw 5 again no support and a lesson for him today
Puncheon 5 aside from his ball for the goal did nothing , didnt help Cork and I would sell, better players out there.
Davis 5 poor game, no vision, no tackles as often worng side of player another poor siging not good enough for premiership
Ward Prowse 4 very poor and seems to have been working on the gym as bulkier but was really slow.
Guly 6 quiet first half but was at heart of anything good second half but lack of application lead to first goal
Schneiderlin 6 not sure why he was taken off and WP left on but at least might be fit for next week
Rodrigues 6 took his goal well but no support and no service second half

Subs
De Ridder 3 he is one of poorest players I have seen, apart for his usual booking I cant think he did anything other than miss our best chance SELL!!! (or give away)
Hooiveld 6 did okay with his headers and didnt score an own goal
Lee 5 tried a cple of runs but no one picked up his runs.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 06 Jan 2013, 12:37 am

So.....we get hammered by a team that gets beaten at home by QPR.....Fonte could be out for an age (it seems to be unlucky to wear Saints captains armband at present).......and, although a number of fans seem to be saying it is down to leaving out a lot of our better players, I can only really see that Lambert and Ramirez were left out (is Ramirez injured by the way??)

A Chelsea fan posted this on the Echo website....

Other than the first 30 or so minutes Saints were poor. You shoulnt seek satisfaction that you were 4 or o players short that is down to your manager but to suggest that players may be tired and neede to be rested is a bit of an strange one as I think that todays game was your 23rd of the season it was our 34th yet we still treated the competition with respect and fielded a team which featured Turnball,Azpilicueta
,Moses,Ramires,& Ba who some would argue arent first choice players
Chelsea easily sold their allocation to day but I have to say that I found it strange that there were such huge numbers of unsold seats.
Goodluck for the rest f the season but I fear for you unless you can get some more experienced legs in over the next few weeks as you can count on the other clubs who are down there doing quite a bit in the transfer window.

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:07 am

Bit of a joke from the plastics of London (sorry most probably dont come from London), only started suporting their team when they got the russian money and would like to see their support without his money. They didnt show much respect to QPR in midweek when lost to them and rested their players for the cup. Ba not a first team player? Are they all on drugs in london or just thick?

Fact is we were poor yesterday but lets see what happens in the league when hopefully Lambert, Ramerez and Lallana will play, when you dont have millions to throw away you simply dont have the depth of squad and until we conceded the soft first goal Chelsea had looked no better than arsena lhad mid week

Adkins didnt help our cause by refusing to play a team that would get stuck in. Many ST around me in Block 41/42 refused to go due to saints policy of moving us from our seats, I probably wont go again if they do that. In future give them 3000 max on safety ground, 4 flares thrown yesterday by the morons from Surry, & Berkshire, and let the loyal Northam fans have their own seats
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down