SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

READING AT ST MARY'S

3 posters

Go down

READING AT ST MARY'S Empty READING AT ST MARY'S

Post  SaintMike Tue 10 Apr 2012, 11:51 pm

Can Saints get the points?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

READING AT ST MARY'S Empty Re: READING AT ST MARY'S

Post  matty07uk Wed 11 Apr 2012, 5:44 pm

I originally had down as a draw but think we can win this one despite Sky being there. Reading have had a fair share of luck recently and hope it runs out on friday night. If we can beat west ham at home then no reason why we cannot beat Reading but dont expect a high scoring game. Keep it tight, be patinet (fans as well) then nick the winner near the end. Fancy Rickie to get the winner and a 1 nil win.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Fri 13 Apr 2012, 4:33 pm

I'm 5000 miles away and can feel the nervous vibes from here. pale

The match finishes at 1545 local time, so I'll check the score around 4pm (10pm your time), because I can't bring myself to keep checking it during the match. This afternoon's going to drag, and I am going to go downtown in an effort to put it out of my head!

COME ON SAINTS!! You can beat this sh!t.
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Fri 13 Apr 2012, 11:21 pm

Well cannot fault the effort and if we had been more clinical in front of goal should have won the game. Reading a major disappointmnet, big strong and direct. Not very skilful at all though Roberts was a handful. Could have been also different if we hadnt been cursed with yet another arrogant referree Dean who was appalling. Sharp had his shirt virtually pulled off him in the box and Dean simply ignored, then tripped between 2 players and again nothing. Sharp is booked for running towards saints fans after scoring the other week, what happens when Reading player does twice?? Absolutely nothing. The standards are awful this season made worse when the ref is such an arrogant t***er like Dean.

Saints could have had 4 or 5 in first half, some decent saves chances missed and just not our night.

Sharp had a pretty poor game and Fox's distribution was poor, gave away the ball for first goal when we had totally dominated. Having battled our way back into the game poor defending allowed Reading to take the lead again but fault was Adkins. Got back level and in control and he takes off Chaplow and brings on de Ridder. Why?? While Chaplow had been booked in first half he was playing controlled football and we lost our momentum. Whenever De ridder got the ball he slowed the game right down. I have no idea why so many fans chant for him to come on as for me he simply never delivers, cannot use his left foot so when he does cut in cannot shoot as on wrong foot. did get in a couple of times but always shot at near post where goalie could make easy block, shoot across the goal and always chance of tap in or deflection.

Now need Brighton to do us a favour but dont see that happening to be honest, think gap will be 3 points by sat evening so crucial we win at Peterborough to keep the pressure on west ham. Missing Schneiderlin as Hammond went off knackered. subs bench was poor choice as well. 3 defenders, harding Richardson and Martin with Guly and De Ridder. We are at home for goodness sake so why isnt Barnard on the bench. Why not the spurs loanee to give us an option, he can play left so lallana could have gone right. Very negative selection and yet again Connolly goes missing when we need him, please do not renew his contract in the summer

Davis 6
Fox 5
Fonte 5
Hoovield 7
Butterfield 5
Lallana 7
Cork 6
hammond 6
Chaplow 6
Lambert 8
Sharp 5
Subs
de Ridder 5
guly 5
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Fri 13 Apr 2012, 11:44 pm

Thanks again Matty, I watched on TV and felt Saints should have at least got a draw, shame we gave away rather silly goals.

I thought Lallana was Saints' star of the first half and, sorry to disagree Matty but I felt De Ridder was the star of the second half.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Sat 14 Apr 2012, 12:22 am

What is it with us and c*nt referees? We get the sum total of f*ck all from refs.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content