SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROYCEY......COMEDIAN, PRESENTER AND X FACTOR WARM-UP ACT

+8
I could still be Dorothy
half pint
Jillyanne
DellBoy
North End Mam
Bob's your Uncle
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SaintMike
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ROYCEY......COMEDIAN, PRESENTER AND X FACTOR WARM-UP ACT - Page 2 Empty Re: ROYCEY......COMEDIAN, PRESENTER AND X FACTOR WARM-UP ACT

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 2:58 pm

North End Mam wrote:I think the bad publicity about X Factor that you got earlier this year was very unfair. What do you feel about it?

Did it annoy you..........or is all publicity good publicity?

I got angry because it was written completely out of context and not a fair reflection of the reception I received from an amazing Liverpool crowd, but to be honest the press are never going to write "Ian Royce had the place rolling in the aisles", that simply does not sell newspapers! The bit that made me laugh was the journalist who wrote the article was not even in the audience and the woman who complained chose to do it through a newspaper!
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

ROYCEY......COMEDIAN, PRESENTER AND X FACTOR WARM-UP ACT - Page 2 Empty Re: ROYCEY......COMEDIAN, PRESENTER AND X FACTOR WARM-UP ACT

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

DellBoy wrote:What the f... is going on? What is a pompey fan doing on here?? (Tell us a funny football joke and I'll forgive you a bit!!)

I am not a Pompey fan, I am a Liverpool fan, however I used to go and watch Pompey as a kid as it was my local club. I remember my first game, Pompey v Millwall, what an education for a 14 year old, second game, Southampton v Pompey, it truly was a baptism of fire! No joke required here other than our docks are nicer than yours!
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:02 pm

DellBoy wrote:I think Michael McIntyre and Lee Mack are great, who are your favourite stand-up comedians?

Russell Brand, An Idiot Abroad (I know that's a show but it really makes me laugh), Michael McIntyre, and everyone on Mock The Week!
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

DellBoy wrote:And which are your favourite recent situation comedies? Mine are Gavin and Stacey, The Visit, Not Going Out and Mrs Brown's Boys

Friends!
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:04 pm

Jillyanne wrote:Maybe a bit of a difficult one....can you tell us your life story in a couple of paragraphs?

I have been up, I have been down, now I try and stay in the middle!
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:05 pm

half pint wrote:When you were a boy, were you a comedian in the classroom? Were you forever getting into trouble at school? or were you just a normal kid?

Yes, I was forever getting into trouble, the true teachers enhanced it, the crap ones got angry at it!

IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:06 pm

half pint wrote:Which comedians were your favourites when you were a boy? Who did you want tobe?

The 2 Ronnies, Frank Spencer/Michael Crawford, John Cleese, and then I got an old tape of Bill Cosby, genius!
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:10 pm

I could still be Dorothy wrote:What did you think of the recent Simon Cowell / Cheryl Cole falling out saga?

Is Cheryl as lovely in real life as she is on screen? In the flesh is Simon Cowell friendly or pompous??

Don't suppose you have any influence over them or any of the others to get them to answer questions like you are?

Simon, as I have written many times is honestly the nicest guy I have ever met, he is like a father figure to me and has taught me so much both professionally and personally. Cheryl was lovely, but if I am truly honest I did not really get past a hug and a hello.

I will pass on your details to Simon's publicity agent, but don't hold your breath he gets thousands of requests!
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:13 pm

I could still be Dorothy wrote:Do you get to meet X Factor contestants? Which of them have seemed nice (and which not so nice) in real life?

I meet them all some of my favorites are One Direction, JLS, Alexandra Burke, Leona, Olly, Diversity and Will Young, the not so nice, some bloke called Steve, cannot remember his last name, but I think he won it once!
(OK, Steve Brookstein)

IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:15 pm

I could still be Dorothy wrote:What do you think of those being auditioned in this year's show? Who do you think stand the best chance of reaching the final?

Watch and you will see!
(Sorry, no can do!)
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:21 pm

another fine mess wrote:My favourite comedian of all-time was Stan Laurel. Are you a Laurel and Hardy fan?

Have you ever thought about forming a double act? Who do you think would be your ideal partner?

Good question, I once had my palm read when I was 17, I was told I would work with a female smaller than me and she would be the answer to my success, I was told this again at 23 and again at 29. L+H simply sublime genius!
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:23 pm

another fine mess wrote:If you hadn't become a comedian what job would you have liked to do?

Actor
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:24 pm

Hot Cross Ben wrote:Hi, Did you enjoy your spots on Talk Sport? Do you think being a comedian was an asset or hindrance for that?

50/50. Problem is I don't take life too seriously.
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:25 pm

Hot Cross Ben wrote:Are you superstitious? Is there anything you do for good luck?

I always have a little chat with myself before I go on!
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:26 pm

Hot Cross Ben wrote:During your years appearing in front of the public have there been times things have not gone quite right...........any embarrassing moments you can tell us about?

Oh God yes, I once had to crawl out of a toilet window in Hull and had the worst gig of my life at Doorman's Athletic Club in Middlesborough! Both in the early nineties
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:27 pm

Saint-Paddy wrote:Looking into the future what would you like to be doing in 20 years time?

Hugging my kid, holding my wife's hand and flying first class.
IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IanRoyce aka Roycey Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:40 pm

SaintsChick wrote:Answer these so we can see what makes you tick?

1. Do friends have a pet name or nickname for you?

A. Roycey and Clumsy Boy

2 What hobbies do you pursue?

A. The Gym and reading, I also have become addicted to twitter!

3 Do you drive? What would be your ideal car to drive?

A. Yes, ideal, Aston Martin DB5 or BMW 5 series tourer.

4 If you were offered a part in a TV soap, which soap would you choose?

A. I would have said the Bill, but that has gone, so I would say...... Eastenders.

5 What sort of music do you listen to and who are your favourite singers/groups (past or present)?

A. Will Young is right up there at the mo (I await the abuse). I like Olly's stuff but to be honest my music tastes change daily!

6 What are or were your favourite TV programmes?

A. The West Wing. The Sopranos. Desperate Housewives. Sorry. The Professionals. Spooks. The Wire.

7 What are your favourite films?

A. A Man Called Horse. The Guns of Navarone. The Eagle Has landed.

8. What are your favourite plays?

A. Don't really have one, have not seen a play in years!

9. What are your favourite books?

A. Anything by Chris Ryan, Andy McNab, Jeffery Archer and a book called "The Secret".

10 Who is your favourite actor? And actress?

A. Morgan Freeman.

11 What product would you like to be given a contract to advertise?

A. Apple, I really am addicted to anything Apple!

12 Do you have any pets?

A. Yes, a dog and a cat oh and a bloody Guinea Pig!

13 What is your favourite meal?

A. The wife's macaroni cheese or any Italian.

14 What is your favourite drink?

A. Bottle Green Elderflower

15. Can you sing or play a musical instrument?

A. Not a hope in hell!

16. Which colours do you prefer wearing?

A. Black/Grey/White

17. What is your ideal holiday?

A. Anywhere I can swim with my daughter

18 Are you married or do you have a partner? And children?

A. Yes and Yes

19 Who do you think are the dishiest female comediennes?

A. Dawn Porter

20 Is there anything you regret not having done in your life so far and do you have any ambitions you hope to fulfil?

A. I regret a few things, but thats called learning and growing, i still have hundreds of ambitions!

IanRoyce aka Roycey
IanRoyce aka Roycey
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum