SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am The Kenny Rogers

+4
AlbionBandMarchesOn
Bob's your Uncle
SaintMike
TheKennyRogers
8 posters

Go down

I am The Kenny Rogers Empty I am The Kenny Rogers

Post  TheKennyRogers Tue 26 Jul 2011, 5:01 pm

The only thing greater than my fans is my beard and my ability to play poker and my acting and my new face. If you want to BFF me then you can check me out on twitter @TheKennyRogers

Many thanks to the gentleman who told me about this website. I don't know anything about futbol but I do know a lot about scoring. (with the ladies... or the birds as you call them)
TheKennyRogers
TheKennyRogers
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

I am The Kenny Rogers Empty Re: I am The Kenny Rogers

Post  SaintMike Tue 26 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

I am now covered in goosebumps..............thanks a million for joining us Kenny! The form is normally for our members to leave questions and messages over a couple of days. I hope you may be willing to answer a few for us!!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:17 pm

Some facts from Kenny's website...

Rogers has sold more than 120 million records worldwide and recorded more than 65 albums during his storied 52 years in show business. His long list of timeless classics includes an impressive 24 #1 hits - "The Gambler," "Lady," "Lucille," "She Believes in Me," "Islands in the Stream," and "We've Got Tonight" among them. Two of Rogers' albums, The Gambler and Kenny, are featured in the About.com poll of "The 200 Most Influential Country Albums Ever", and his Greatest Hits album has sold over 24 million copies worldwide to date. He is the RIAA's 8th best selling male artist of all time with 1 Diamond album, 19 Platinum albums and 31 Gold albums.

Rogers has received hundreds of awards for his music and charity work, including three Grammys, 11 People's Choice Awards, 18 American Music Awards, eight Academy of Country Music awards and five Country Music Association awards. Remaining a popular entertainer around the world, Rogers, voted the "Favorite Singer of All-Time" in a 1986 joint poll by readers of both USA Today and People, still loves touring and recording new music.

I am The Kenny Rogers B000024XRY.01.LZZZZZZZ

For over five decades, the gifted singer, songwriter, musician, producer, actor, photographer and entertainer has delivered memorable songs, drawing fans from many different backgrounds. "I really, really love what I'm doing," Rogers says. "People survive longer if they love what they're doing. Because you just don't quit."

I am The Kenny Rogers Kenny1
KENNY ROGERS WITH THE SCHOLARS

Rogers is one of very few artists who have enjoyed successful careers in such a variety of genres - jazz, folk, rock, country and pop. Houston-born Rogers formed his first band while in high school in 1956 - a rockabilly group called The Scholars (they performed on American Bandstand) - and has never quit making music. He played stand-up bass in the jazz group the Bobby Doyle Trio, and later became a member of the popular folk group, The New Christy Minstrels. The spotlight started focusing on Rogers when his group, The First Edition, scored their first hit, "I Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In), which was followed by the pop and country chart success of "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town."

I am The Kenny Rogers 09-kenny-rogers-ruby

Rogers' solo career shot into the stratosphere with the #1 hit, "Lucille," which was named the CMA's Single of the Year and was certified Gold. "Daytime Friends," "Sweet Music Man," and "Love Or Something Like It" continued his run of success. Then came "The Gambler," a story song so vivid it not only delighted country and pop fans, it also became a TV movie, starring Rogers himself in the title role. The movie spawned four follow-ups, making it the longest running miniseries franchise on television. The five Gambler mini-series have attracted over 100 million viewers nationwide and launched a second career for Rogers as an actor on television and movies.

I am The Kenny Rogers R7188_300

Rogers consistently finds songs with universal appeal. Through the course of his career, he has attracted fans with an incredible range of music from country to soul to pop. "I've never considered myself a great singer, but I am a great storyteller," Rogers told Billboard magazine, also noting that he feels his strength as an artist is in finding great songs. In the 1980s, Rogers' romantic country hits "Through The Years," "She Believes In Me," "You Decorated My Life," and "Lady" - the biggest song of his career - quickly became classics. "There are a lot of songs that may have initial success but don't linger the period of time those songs have," Rogers says. "They do take a different value in your heart when they have that kind of staying power that represents your success and represents a feeling and a thought. A song like that becomes a part of your soul."

I am The Kenny Rogers Full_82274
ISLANDS IN THE STREAM WITH DOLLY PARTON

In 1999, after forming his own record company, Dreamcatcher Entertainment, Rogers returned to the charts in a big way with the hit, "The Greatest," and when the follow-up, "Buy Me a Rose," hit #1 in 2000, Rogers, at age 61, became the oldest artist in chart history to have a #1 solo record in any format, proving his talent was just as vibrant and meaningful as it was when he first started out. That same year, the Recording Industry Association of America awarded Kenny the prestigious Diamond Award celebrating sales of more than 10 million albums for his Greatest Hits album (sales to date have exceeded 24 million).
With his unique storytelling ability and soulful voice, Kenny has continued his amazing run into the 21st century with a critically acclaimed album (Water and Bridges) and hit single, "I Can't Unlove You," a gold certified record (21 Number Ones), and now, the sweetly timeless The Love of God. Kenny's relevance in the world of music and pop culture has never been stronger
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob's your Uncle Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:39 pm

Hi Kenny and welcome

My favourite songs are Lucille, Islands in the Stream, Love or Something Like It and Slow Dance More. Which are your favourite tracks? (and why??)
Bob's your Uncle
Bob's your Uncle
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 845
Humor : Yep, I laugh whenever I look in a mirror
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  AlbionBandMarchesOn Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:43 pm

hi
As a young lad, one of my very first records was Three Wheels on my Wagon by the New Christy Minstrels. That must have been great fun to make, were you on that record?
AlbionBandMarchesOn
AlbionBandMarchesOn

Male
Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Mam Tue 26 Jul 2011, 6:51 pm

hello ...Amazing to see you here Kenny!

I'm sure I have read that your mother's name was Lucille. Is there any connection between that and your big hit of that name??
North End Mam
North End Mam

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 26 Jul 2011, 7:07 pm

One of my daughters is a lifelong Dolly fan and she insists that I ask: Can you please tell her any interesting or amusing stories about working with Dolly, either on Islands in the Stream or at any other time?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillyanne Wed 27 Jul 2011, 12:13 am

Hi Kenny, I am a devoted fan of yours and went to Bournemouth to see your concert a couple of years ago. What memories do you have of the UK? Have you performed in Southampton?
Jillyanne
Jillyanne

Female
Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DellBoy Wed 27 Jul 2011, 12:38 am

welcome to our little forum!

Our Admin Mike seems obsessed with a country singer named Sherrie Austin who has said she will come here but has not yet arrived! From the pictures we have seen she looks a smasher, do you know and rate her? Who are your favourite lady singers??
DellBoy
DellBoy

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Southampton my Home Wed 27 Jul 2011, 2:09 am

Hi

We have the Live By Request DVD and we play it a lot. I like most tracks but really like Love Will Turn You Around. Great atmosphere on the DVD with the audience interaction. Was it easy to make? Obviously you must have known what the requests would be in advance although it gave the impression that each request was a surprise?
Southampton my Home
Southampton my Home

Male
Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

I am The Kenny Rogers Empty Answers from the all knowing beard

Post  TheKennyRogers Wed 24 Aug 2011, 8:18 pm

My favourite songs are Lucille, Islands in the Stream, Love or Something Like It and Slow Dance More. Which are your favourite tracks? (and why??).

The one that keeps coming to mind is "I wish I could hurt that way again" remember you can only be a virgin once.I think

As a young lad, one of my very first records was Three Wheels on my Wagon by the New Christy Minstrels. That must have been great fun to make, were you on that record?.
that was a long time ago. I could never record anything that great. so no.

I'm sure I have read that your mother's name was Lucille. Is there any connection between that and your big hit of that name??.
nope. It's a very common name in the U.S.

One of my daughters is a lifelong Dolly fan and she insists that I ask: Can you please tell her any interesting or amusing stories about working with Dolly, either on Islands in the Stream or at any other time?
I once saw Dolly eat 24 hamburgers in a 6 hour recording session. Dolly also has llama named... guess it? nope Ralph.

Hi Kenny, I am a devoted fan of yours and went to Bournemouth to see your concert a couple of years ago. What memories do you have of the UK? Have you performed in Southampton?.
i must have been on a serious bender. I have no memory of this. I do remember eating an English Muffin once and saying, dang that's tasy.

Our Admin Mike seems obsessed with a country singer named Sherrie Austin who has said she will come here but has not yet arrived! From the pictures we have seen she looks a smasher, do you know and rate her? Who are your favourite lady singers??.
I googled her... ehhh. I like my ladies the same way I like my coffee cold and with some wrinkles

We have the Live By Request DVD and we play it a lot. I like most tracks but really like Love Will Turn You Around. Great atmosphere on the DVD with the audience interaction. Was it easy to make? Obviously you must have known what the requests would be in advance although it gave the impression that each request was a surprise?.
Thank you for purchasing the DVD. I am so old even if they did tell me in advance I would have been surprised by the time I heard the request.
TheKennyRogers
TheKennyRogers
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 24 Aug 2011, 9:58 pm

Thanks so much for getting back to us Kenny, you are a gentleman!!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down