SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRENTFORD AWAY

5 posters

Go down

BRENTFORD AWAY Empty BRENTFORD AWAY

Post  SaintMike Wed 27 Apr 2011, 9:41 am

Let's hear your thoughts.......
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

BRENTFORD AWAY Empty Re: BRENTFORD AWAY

Post  Nostromo Wed 27 Apr 2011, 1:05 pm

This is a potential banana skin, Brentford are hard to beat on their own patch and have already beaten us at SMS this season. I think we'll get the three points but it will be far from easy. I don't know what we have done to upset Brentford fans but, for some reason, they don't like us (it's probably the big club/small club thing):

A game that I reckon Southampton will sneak but I am looking forward to this one we can have a real say in who finishes second and would love to stop Southampton going up.

I'm in the "lets beat/draw with Soton and play the kids against Huddersfield " camp , our season is over (has been since the JPT Final!!)

We got scummers this week and udders next,so we could have a big shout in who takes second place, been thinking long and hard, i'll take a draw against soton, and an away win at udders, with a bit of luck they will bottle it last day of the season.

Charming. Who pissed in their cornflakes? And what's with everyone else calling us 'scummers', ffs? Shocked

I'm hoping Brighton will also do us a favour by beating Huddersfield but I am not betting on it, since winning the title they lost against us and drew in their last match. However, it's the last game at the Withdean before they move and they're getting the trophy presented to them, so they're not going to want to lose despite some over on SaintsWeb thinking that Poyet and Brighton are going to roll over for Huddersfield.
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BizzyBee Wed 27 Apr 2011, 6:32 pm

Good luck......I fancy you for a win by 2 goals
BizzyBee
BizzyBee
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Thu 28 Apr 2011, 11:30 pm

Got the good news yesterday that me and mate have got tickets for the game, just as well as have booked to stay up for the sat night with the wifes. Feeling a bit more confident seeing the injuries Brentford have, we have injuries but have a decent size squad so have options to go to. Still expect a hard battle where we will have to grind out the result. Our recent approach of getting the ball in the box may not be that pretty to the eye (sorry Gus) but with Lambert, Connolly Guly and Lallana you would expect us to score. Guly needs to stop giving away needless free kicks as no doubt they will be a threat at set pieces.

Match report will be some time late on sunday this week
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sat 30 Apr 2011, 3:23 pm

1-0 Lallana. Been an intense opening. Saints playing very well.

Very Happy
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sat 30 Apr 2011, 3:31 pm

2-0 Connolly!!!!!!
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sat 30 Apr 2011, 4:44 pm

penalty to Brentford saved by Kelvin

Brighton 2-2 Hudersfield

WE ARE GOING UP
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Sat 30 Apr 2011, 4:57 pm

Gobern 3-0 Very Happy

huddersfield 3-2 No at least we have controlled the controllables

teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 01 May 2011, 6:48 pm

As expected another dominant performance by saints for once getting first half goals to make the second half relatively comfortable. Brentford worked hard but didnt have the players with their injuries to really threaten saints with just 1 shot on target first half. Saints seemed up from the start and a good goal by Lallana cutting in and firing in from the left was followed by a clever lob from connolly, though to be honest we were at opposite end so couldnt see that well. Gully went off after second goal and gobern came on and was really the one downside to the day, poor control and couldnt seem to make any tackles but at least got up front for the final goal a simple tap in in front of the saints fans after some good work by Lallana.

Connolly was really bright and showed some good touches and intelligent play, if only he had been fit at start of season could have been up by now but glad has come good at the end of the season with barney out. Chaplow had a good game, all over the play in first half probing forward as well. Fonte was his ususal self at the back and Jaidi was fine, can he recover for plymouth?

Great support from the saints fans, drank in the Royal oak before the game as wasnt that crowded and a good mix of saints and Brentford fans. What was a shame was the large nos of empty seats in the ground. Surely a ground full of fans has to be a better advert for the football league and its sponsors and although we take large numbers to the games we are pretty well behaved. Brentford probably could have made another £100k with ticket sales and food/drink etc, hope they dont face administration any time!

Davis 7 not much to do, think penalty hit the post as opposed him saving but went the right way
Harding 7 solid game until he went off, hope not to bad but think Adkins will play Dickson if any doubt and Harding on Saturday
Fonte 8 solid throughout
Jaidi 7 won virtually everything in the air
Richardson 7 had a tough time when Weston their sub came on and pen looked legit but had a good first half and did have Gobern in front of him
Guly 6 had done some good link play before going off after 30 minutes.
Hammond 7 had a good game
Chaplow 8 all over the place and winning tackles and in 1st half getting forward to offer an outlet.
Lallana 8 still not back to 100% but good goal to settle team and made third goal.
Lambert 7 won plenty of balls and showed good control with a couple of decent shots and free kicks
Connolly 8 very energetic display, good goal and held the ball up well. May be playing for a contract but if he scores against Plymouth to help us win fine by me.
Subs
Gobern 5 despite the goal doesnt looked at same level of rest of team.
Dickson 6 didnt do anything wrong
Butterfield 6 only on for a few minutes

On to Plymouth and hope saints can secure the win there to make the last day a fairly relaxed event in view of the goal difference
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content