SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PARDEW SACKED!!!!!..........AND ADKINS IN!!!! CONFIRMED!!

+13
matty07uk
Admin
Saint_Sista
Hot Cross Ben
Saint-James
stanners
Its All SouthamptonFC
MILTON REJECT
teamsaint
SFC Forever
Perennial Underachiever
SaintMike
Alf Tupper
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

PARDEW SACKED!!!!!..........AND ADKINS IN!!!!    CONFIRMED!! - Page 4 Empty Re: PARDEW SACKED!!!!!..........AND ADKINS IN!!!! CONFIRMED!!

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 11 Sep 2010, 3:01 pm

On Radio Solent Nicola Cortese has clarified, via Adam Blackmore, that Les Reed has NOTHING to do with interfering with the manager's role.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

PARDEW SACKED!!!!!..........AND ADKINS IN!!!!    CONFIRMED!! - Page 4 Empty Re: PARDEW SACKED!!!!!..........AND ADKINS IN!!!! CONFIRMED!!

Post  matty07uk Sun 12 Sep 2010, 9:47 pm

Looks like Adkins but not on OS yet so he might get the sack in the morning!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12092010/63/saints-wait-adkins.html
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 12 Sep 2010, 9:49 pm

On OS so he wont be sacked, good luck Nigel, you will need it.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 12 Sep 2010, 11:49 pm

Keep the faith because he will prove to be a better option than AP was.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint_Sista Mon 13 Sep 2010, 2:16 am

Quote Cortese:

"He was ... the only manager that we offered the job to...

So much for Bournemouth's claim!

Sista
Saint_Sista
Saint_Sista
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM

Female
Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Mon 13 Sep 2010, 1:26 pm

Saint_Sista wrote:Quote Cortese:

"He was ... the only manager that we offered the job to...

So much for Bournemouth's claim!

Sista

Bournemouth and their fans are full of it, I think getting to the giddy heights of League One has gone to their heads a bit. laugh at

Good luck Nigel, I hope you can turn things round and get us winning again.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Tue 14 Sep 2010, 9:55 am

After the game tomorrow against the Dons he will no more about us. He will tinker with the squad and WILL get us up to the top of the league in a very good way with our side playing with more flair.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob's your Uncle Tue 14 Sep 2010, 9:56 am

I can't think why Adkins would choose to leave Scunthorpe for Saints. I am sure this from the Mail website has nothing to do with it. Rolling Eyes

Nigel Adkins more than doubled his wages by quitting Scunthorpe to become Southampton's new manager.
Adkins, 45, who earned less than £100,000 at Glanford Park, signed a three-year contract deal worth £200,000 pounds-a-year to replace sacked Alan Pardew.

The former physio has also been promised a huge bonus for getting Saints back into the Premier League by the end of his contract.

Bob's your Uncle
Bob's your Uncle
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 845
Humor : Yep, I laugh whenever I look in a mirror
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Mon 04 Oct 2010, 12:13 am

From the Echo website......

ALAN Pardew has spoken for the first time about his controversial sacking by Saints at the end of August - admitting he always felt "vulnerable" about being dismissed.

Pardew was dismissed by chairman Nicola Cortese just two days after a 4-0 victory at Bristol Rovers.

Speaking for the first time today since then, the former West Ham manager said he couldn't reveal the whole story as to why he was dismissed because of legal reasons.

Talking on TV, Pardew said: "It's difficult to talk because I'm still in a contract situation with Southampton, so it's very hard to express exactly the full details of what went on, "But obviously there was a breakdown. You have to say the chairman lost faith in my management and that's all I can assume he did because there was no other reason.

"I can't give an example of why because he's not allowed to talk about it and nor am I. He's a new chairman and I always felt vulnerable.

"You hear certain things that were being said - or not being said sometimes.

"At the back end of last year there were some noises coming out that not all was well and as a manager sometimes you're not party to that.

"All you can do is do the job to the best of your ability and I was very proud of the team that we built there and the relationship I had with the players, which was very, very strong.

"We felt very strongly that we were going to get promoted this year and I think they will because they're a good team, there's some good leaders in the dressing room and they've got a manager who's a good manager."

Pardew was proud of what he achieved at St Mary's in a short space of time.

"I went there to go back to the Premier League," he remarked.

"The reason I went down to League One level is because I genuinely believed that they had the ambition and the funds to do that.

"I thought that within three or four years I was going to do that.

"Nicola Cortese said that in 18 months he'd judge me, but he never gave me that chance anyway.

"In that first year we had nothing and we built a great team with good unity.

"That, I'm afraid has been taken away from me and there's nothing I can do about that."

Pardew did pay tribute to former Saints owner Markus Liebherr, who passed away just a few weeks before Pardew was dismissed.

"People say I had a great relationship with him, but I didn't really have that much of a relationship with him because he was more hands off," Pardew explained.

"He'd turn up for games and I'd have a conversation with him after.

"He was a big bear of a man, a gentleman and a nice guy and I was genuinely pleased that we had that big day out at Wembley before he died.

"It was a fantastic day and I know he loved it to bits.

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Mon 04 Oct 2010, 12:17 am

Pardew can't say much if he's still 'in a contract situation' (whatever that may mean) but I still feel it was a personality clash between him and Nicola Cortese and not just footballing reasons that got him sacked.
It does happen, people don't get on with their boss and they get sacked, it's happened to me before now (it was a shit shop job and I was quite pleased when I was fired!).
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4