SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRISTOL ROVERS TUESDAY

4 posters

Go down

BRISTOL ROVERS TUESDAY Empty BRISTOL ROVERS TUESDAY

Post  SaintMike Mon 12 Apr 2010, 12:43 pm

Can we close the gap??
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

BRISTOL ROVERS TUESDAY Empty Re: BRISTOL ROVERS TUESDAY

Post  village idiot Mon 12 Apr 2010, 12:48 pm

This for me is the make or break game,Win and I think the playoffs are really on,Lose or draw and I personally think its game over.
village idiot
village idiot
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM

Male
Number of posts : 74
Job/hobbies : saints,nature, esp.birds of prey
Humor : milligan,phython etc
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Its All SouthamptonFC Mon 12 Apr 2010, 1:05 pm

On the Echo site:

ALAN PARDEW has described Saints’ trip to Bristol Rovers tomorrow as “huge.”

The Saints boss saw his side close the gap on the top six by three points courtesy of a 1-0 win over fifth placed Charlton at St Mary’s on Saturday.

With Huddersfield and Rovers both losing, only Saints and Colchester made any ground and Saints now sit eight points off of sixth place with a game in hand.

Though they are likely to need to win all their remaining games, they are still in with a shout. But the game at Rovers, the team directly above them in the table, is the hardest remaining fixture on paper and a win tomorrow could set Saints up for a dramatic late charge.

Pardew, pictured above, said: “It’s simple for us – we’ve got to keep creating pressure for the teams above.

“And we’re doing that, because we keep winning.

“I can imagine the Huddersfield dressing-room after seeing our result come through and Colchester as well – it was the last result they wanted to see.

“We keep the pressure on and we go to Bristol Rovers for a huge game for them and us, because they’re still in it.

“We look forward to that and, if we win that, then we’ve got a good chance of winning all our games.

“I think it’s a key game.”

Michail Antonio proved to be the match winner for Saints on his recall to the side. In a cagey game, not helped by the officiousness of the referee, a single goal was enough to separate the sides and proved Pardew was right to play him.

“He’s done very, very well for us and it was a big game for him,” said the Saints boss.

“He got the nod in front of David Connolly, Lee Barnard and Papa Waigo and he delivered.

He did what he needed to do.”

He added: “It was a tough game with two teams who didn’t really want to open up the game too much. The referee didn’t let us, either, because I thought he gave far too many tiny little decisions – the whistle never stopped.

“That means you are never going to get fluidity in the game and that made it difficult.

“We got a good goal and we had moments on the break when we should have got a second and we defended well.

“There was a good spirit in team.”
Its All SouthamptonFC
Its All SouthamptonFC
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO

Male
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Tue 13 Apr 2010, 8:43 am

Maybe he got the nod because he is bigger and stronger than the others. His throw is a weapon that can be useful as well.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content