SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JPT Southern Area Final First Leg

5 posters

Go down

JPT Southern Area Final First Leg Empty JPT Southern Area Final First Leg

Post  Perennial Underachiever Wed 20 Jan 2010, 10:01 pm

Well, the job is half done (not 'done' Saints, HALF done! Rolling Eyes ), 1-0 to Saints at the MK Stadium and one foot in Wembley.

I listened to the radio commentary and thought we sounded reasonably good with Antonio as the Man of the Match. It's a pity that the ref was a complete tool, awarding everything to MK Dons and very little to Saints. As for Morgan Schneiderlin's sending-off, well obviously I didn't see it, as I was listening on the radio, but it sounded as it was 50-50 so if MS was sent off, then the MK Franchise player should have gone, too, for his manhandling of our player. So, that's two of our best midfielders gone, Hammond through injury and Schneiderlin through a one-game ban.
Saints fans were very loud, much more so than the MK lot were, and chants of 'The referee's a w@nker' were loud and clear, so much so, that the Solent commentator said 'No need to tell you what the Saints fans are chanting!' just after the sending off! Very Happy

Is this a win? Or is it half a win? scratch
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

JPT Southern Area Final First Leg Empty Re: JPT Southern Area Final First Leg

Post  matty07uk Wed 20 Jan 2010, 10:30 pm

Watched round my mates on Sky. You got it right from the radio, ref was a complete tosser and seemed towards the end desperate to try and help MK equalise. Sending off was a joke as MK git gleeson who was dirty all night grabbed Schneiderling round the throat hence his shove. Problem is was head high and the dipstick ref was anti saints all night and couldnt wait to even up. Very similar to Lambert shove earlier in season at St Marys when no one even got a card!!

Yes Antonio did have a good game was much more direct and effective and worked hard, and I'm not normally a fan. Probably deserves man of match but Fonte really impressed me. Calm at the back winning lots, good distribution and so nearly put us in front early on. Saints fans were in good form and were fully heard on Sky "we hate pompey, we hate pompey" plus large gaps in the stadium in MK dons area.

First half we should have gone in at least 2 up and really need another striker to give Lambert support. Thomas played well, he got studs in his chest first half and MK player walks away scot free, he goes in hard with header and gets booked, summed up the tosser in black perfectly. Only poor performance I thought was Lallana who seemed to be trying to be to clever, playing to the cameras?

MK Dons did hit post with Davis well beaten but James so nearly scored a second near the end with finger tip save by MK goalie.

All to play for in second leg and sure MK will come at us but we opened them up plenty of times so we ought to be able to score again but clean sheet gets us through. A midfield player from championship (Stock or Danns) would be good as would give us some cover in midfield.

Would expect a crowd of around 25000 for return leg, though we seem to play better in front of small crowds!!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Thu 21 Jan 2010, 12:52 am

I watched on Sky and agree with most of what you say. Plus Saints should have had a penalty when their defender clearly handled.

My ratings

DAVIS 8
THOMAS 8
FONTE 9
PERRY 7
MILLS 6
WOTTON 6
SCHNEIDERLIN 7
JAMES 8
ANTONIO 9
LALLANA 5
LAMBERT 8
HOLMES 5
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Thu 21 Jan 2010, 5:33 am

Thanks for that guys.
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Thu 21 Jan 2010, 9:53 am

Fonte has done wonders for our defence. my only concern is his willingness to use his arms on opponents.
He got elbowed in the face but ref does nothing.
The handball was so blatant that as soon as the referee turned down the appeal I knew he was in MK Dons corner.
Spiderman was hacked down by a two footed tackle deserving a possible red card but definite yellow which the player got. James gets booked for waving his finger at the assailant but the three Dons players who shoved him and pushed him about didn't even get spoken to. Kelvin also gets booked for pushing the same people away from James.
Holmes should not have been brought on and his booking was sheer stupidity.
Morgan should have had a yellow for reacting but a red, never. If the player has someones hands around his throat what is he supposed to do? Admittedly he pushed him in the face but his action was far less life threatening or aggressive than Gleasons.
If I was in the position to do so I would demand an inquest into this referee's handling of our game.
Fonte getting elbowed in the face and nothing gets done, why? bent ref?
Antonio shoved all over the place by three Dons players, Dons get a free kick. Why? Bent ref?
Fish clattered first thing in the game in a definite late and aggressive tackle. No booking, why? Bent ref!

as you may have gathered i was not impressed by the referee one iota.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Thu 21 Jan 2010, 9:53 am

Fonte has done wonders for our defence. my only concern is his willingness to use his arms on opponents.
He got elbowed in the face but ref does nothing.
The handball was so blatant that as soon as the referee turned down the appeal I knew he was in MK Dons corner.
Spiderman was hacked down by a two footed tackle deserving a possible red card but definite yellow which the player got. James gets booked for waving his finger at the assailant but the three Dons players who shoved him and pushed him about didn't even get spoken to. Kelvin also gets booked for pushing the same people away from James.
Holmes should not have been brought on and his booking was sheer stupidity.
Morgan should have had a yellow for reacting but a red, never. If the player has someones hands around his throat what is he supposed to do? Admittedly he pushed him in the face but his action was far less life threatening or aggressive than Gleasons.
If I was in the position to do so I would demand an inquest into this referee's handling of our game.
Fonte getting elbowed in the face and nothing gets done, why? bent ref?
Antonio shoved all over the place by three Dons players, Dons get a free kick. Why? Bent ref?
Fish clattered first thing in the game in a definite late and aggressive tackle. No booking, why? Bent ref!

as you may have gathered i was not impressed by the referee one iota.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Thu 21 Jan 2010, 5:34 pm

Have to agree on ref and lino wasnt much better, he should have seen the penalty and he gave the free kick against Antonio right in front of him when Antonio clearly fouled.

Usual poor standard i'm afraid
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down