SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commentary on Solent is going downhill, fast

Go down

Commentary on Solent is going downhill, fast Empty Commentary on Solent is going downhill, fast

Post  Perennial Underachiever Mon 16 Nov 2009, 6:43 pm

Not being able to get to the games at the moment (no job = no money) means that I have to follow the games by the means of Radio Solent. Now, it seems to me that, just recently, their commentary has gone downhill. Yesterday, I was simultaneously watching the game via online streaming but listening to Solents commentary, as the streaming link kept freezing and it was also a few seconds behind, and it seems that, apart from the really exciting moments of note, the commentators (Adam Blackmore and Dave Merrington) were yapping about everything except the action.
They yapped about the penalty Brighton should or should not have had (was it, was it not a reasonable shout) while Saints were attacking (even though the stream was a few seconds, no more than that, behind their penalty discussion would have covered the attack) and, later, Adam B. spent a lot of air time speculating about the revolting-sounding unidentifiable contents of his cup Was it tea? Coffee? Bovril? Floor sweepings? Who cares, I am interested in the game, not whatever toxic-sounding substance is in Adam's tea cup!
Jeezus, is this what the licence fee goes toward these days? And Adam B. is the better of the commentators (part from Kris Temple, who is excellent), so it is particularly disappointing when his focus drifts away from the game - and it isn't as if the game was a bad one either.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down