SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFTER-MATCH ANALYSIS: COLCHESTER

+2
Perennial Underachiever
SaintMike
6 posters

Go down

AFTER-MATCH ANALYSIS: COLCHESTER Empty AFTER-MATCH ANALYSIS: COLCHESTER

Post  SaintMike Sat 05 Sep 2009, 10:29 am

At the end of each month I intend to hold a poll to vote on members' posts commenting on Saints' League and Cup matches. Please get in the habit of giving us a detailed post after each match saying what you thought of the performance, who played best, who didn't, who should have been playing, what you would have done if you were manager etc., etc.
It doesn't matter if you weren't there.....you can still say what you think.

If you are impressed by a particular member's post please let me know so that I will be sure to include the post in the poll.

Your analysis of Saints-Colchester should go on this thread please. There is a separate thread in the Amusement Section's Competition League where the table showing the points gained for the analysis will be shown.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

AFTER-MATCH ANALYSIS: COLCHESTER Empty Re: AFTER-MATCH ANALYSIS: COLCHESTER

Post  Perennial Underachiever Sat 05 Sep 2009, 5:38 pm

In one word: FRUSTRATING!!! We couldn't break down ten men. Not good enough. :x

No more excuses, no more 'but we haven't had a pre-season' disingenuous crap, we're six games in and have only made a 4 point dent in the -10 point deficit. The team and manager need to get their collective fingers out and start getting wins or we will be so far adrift we'll be in League 2 before Christmas.

This is not a knee jerk reaction or hysteria, it's getting beyond a joke. I'm sick of Saints being crap no matter what division we're in. Evil or Very Mad
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 05 Sep 2009, 7:01 pm

Not good today and APs after match comments that we created loads of chances worries me, I must have gone to the wrong game! :x

Midfield continues to lack bite and just doesnt link with the forward play. In second half little width, Mills provided some but his final ball wasnt good but he has just come back from injury. Patterson clearly lacks confidence and had 3 good chances in 1st half and took none, all hit weakly. Desperate to get a striker who can play of Lambert, hopefully Papa will deliver but might be in for a shock with this league. Hope Saga will also try and deliver some goals when he returns but I worry he again wont try

Really would like to see Thompson and a couple of other youngsters loaned out to Div 2 clubs to either toughen them up or prove they are not going to deliver the goods. Think they need a big kick up the backside but while in squad and coming on as subs they seem quite happy. Again Thompson came on and gave us no width when we were crying out for someone to go down flanks and put in a decent crosss for Lambert to attacke. First half Lallana was proably best player but moving him up front and taking off Paterson didnt work, seemed to affect the midfield.

Also lets try and mix things up. Every game we kick towards Northam first half, havent scored in first half at home so try switching, we have to do something to shake it up. Lets also make sure Work permits, International clearance are all sorted. Jaidi at CB and Papa up front might give us a spark.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs SFC Sun 06 Sep 2009, 8:34 pm

SGC was tired and sad at the way we let Colchester get a point yesterday. He may be allowed on here tomorrow. Long as he does not stay to long. He was worn out by the trip to the game and may have to miss some.
Mrs SFC
Mrs SFC
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Female
Number of posts : 1206
Job/hobbies : Kids, anything Elvis and horses.
Humor : Living with him I need a good laugh.
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Mon 07 Sep 2009, 6:43 pm

Mrs SFC wrote:SGC was tired and sad at the way we let Colchester get a point yesterday. He may be allowed on here tomorrow. Long as he does not stay to long. He was worn out by the trip to the game and may have to miss some.

Losing the will to live, is he? Any more games without wins and we all will lose the will to live... No
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Mon 07 Sep 2009, 8:14 pm

The will to live still burns but some of our players didn't show much on saturday. My health though a worry is not really life threatening but I just feel drained all the time. I was hoping to see us take 3 points but we just didn't seem to have anybody prepared to display enough desire in attack. Kelvin had by far the easiest game of the year and yet Colchester could and should have scored two.
One thing I have noticed is how poor the refereeing is in this league. Lambert had an elbow in the face and should have been given a penalty. Perhaps he should start falling over more because it seems he is far to honest. A clean sheet is welcome but we had the game at our mercy and AP sends on Thomson. Big mistake. The boy did not act like a winger and gave us nothing.
The team seems reluctant to press and always gives the luxury of time and space to our opponents. Why?
Surely in our position attack is the best form of defence. I was struck by the way the Colchester defence always had someone ready and able to mount a last ditch clearance but without resorting to the way our players react to trouble. Trotman looks as though he can grow into the part of CB but wedesperately need Jaidhi to give us arial strength. Hammond was ok but a little below his best. RL doesn't get the service he needs but is good at holding the ball up for our non existant runners. Paterson needs to be loaned out to learn how to play as a main striker.
All this said we are a team that will need more time before it has gelled. Health permitting I fully expect to see us start winning soon. Would be a big tonic to all of us. Charlton is a major ask but we have to start somewhere.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Tue 08 Sep 2009, 8:07 am

Thanks for the report. Look after your health mate.

Pete
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content