SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what does everyone think of my list of free transfers?

+10
Bob's your Uncle
SFC Forever
AlbionBandMarchesOn
Saint_Sista
Perennial Underachiever
MILTON REJECT
SAVED MY FIVER
SaintMike
Admin
prideofthesouth
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what does everyone think of my list of free transfers? Empty what does everyone think of my list of free transfers?

Post  prideofthesouth Tue 21 Jul 2009, 12:14 pm

Would like to know all your thoughts on my list I have been looking through this morning!great players, maybe a bit expensive on the wage front but oh well!

. Julian Gray
· Leroy lita
· Glen little
· Steve kabba
· Jahidi
· Jon fortune
· Paul ifill
· John irving
· Carl court
· Leon mckenzie
· Michael misfud
· Danny mills
· Michael ball
· Sol Campbell
· Alan Navarro
· John oster
· Noe pamaroet
· Zheng zhi
· Vince pericard
· Sibierski
· Sam sodge
· Todorov
· Vassell
· Moritz voltz
· Dwight yorke
· Jermaine wright

Even wgs son gavin strachan is available

Would like to see chris baird back on loan maybe also quashie and david prutton for the midfield.

Not sure if pahars is past it now.Matty Oakley would do a job!

Also noticed alot of the bigger teams,arsenal,utd chelsea, spurs are shipping youngters out! should be looking at them!
prideofthesouth
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

what does everyone think of my list of free transfers? Empty Re: what does everyone think of my list of free transfers?

Post  Admin Tue 21 Jul 2009, 12:24 pm

Don't think Jermaine Wright would be a good idea.....
Admin
Admin
Forum Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-08-29

https://ohwhenthesaints.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

what does everyone think of my list of free transfers? Empty best of the bunch

Post  prideofthesouth Tue 21 Jul 2009, 12:27 pm

not saying he would or wouldnt just a few names people may recognise!

my top ones I think are targetable are

Julian gray
Steve Kabba
and young Irving from Everton god knows why they want shot of him

Also think michael Ball and Danny Mills would be woth a punt to shore up the back line and why not glenn little with him having played under Pards before?
prideofthesouth
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

what does everyone think of my list of free transfers? Empty Re: what does everyone think of my list of free transfers?

Post  SaintMike Tue 21 Jul 2009, 12:43 pm

Interesting names there but I don't recognise all of them. Embarassed

Want to be really helpful and tell us the positions they play and team theyve been with???
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SAVED MY FIVER Tue 21 Jul 2009, 1:25 pm

An impressive list, but I'd wager my fiver we will get none of them wanting to play in League One.

I'd like to see Prutton back, is he available??
SAVED MY FIVER
SAVED MY FIVER
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 869
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  prideofthesouth Tue 21 Jul 2009, 2:16 pm

· Leroy lita - reading/striker good goal scorer shore to run riot on lg 1 reckon he's worth 1.5 million
· Glen little - Pompey useed to be at reading with pards can play most defensive positions age 33
· Steve kabba - Watford striker/winger very very pacey and a threat,really gave saints trouble last
2 seasons- age 28
· Jahidi - veteran,started at bolton,and played last 2 seasons at birmingham as a regular
centre back,real big threat from corners,still very able at 36
· Jon fortune - played at a few prem clubs,was a charlton last year,maybe not a hot prospect but
still worth considering.
· Paul ifill - no longer available has left for america.
· John irving - 20 year old defender form everton,was held in high regard really weird to see him on
the transfer list actually.youth
· Carl court - think he was at sheff utd,similar to jason euell in many ways very tall knows how to
get a goal or two.age 31
· Leon mckenzie - decent player very skilful and helped coventry flatten saints in the hammering
we got on sky last year,age 29
· Michael misfud - proven scorer for covenrty in both championship and other levels,would be
fantsic asset with his pace,age 28
· Danny mills - bit of a nut case but Man City finally want shot,still fit and able and a real tough
tackler,not scared of league 1, age 32
· Michael ball - same as danny mills above really,decent player,can play left back or left wing,quite
pacy,decent tackler,still played alot for city until arrival of bridgey!
· Sol Campbell - dont think we got a chance hear because of wages,current skate!but does live
local lets face it anything is poss with arrival of sven at notts county today!
· Alan Navarro - not sure about him just know decent midfielder with experience in championship.
· John oster - ex everton and palace played at top level,very tidy,still got alot of life left at 30
· Noe pamaroet - another skate i wouldnt be over keen on but hasnt been a bad player for the
pomp,plays anywhere across the back, wages maybe high! age 30
· Zheng zhi - very talented chinese midfielder who Charlton are trying to keep,maybe him abitions
are higher than league 1 - 24/25 years old
· Vince pericard - some may argue would be suited to league 1 better than prem or championship?
· Sibierski - Big Man city striker/midfielder, was on loan at Norwich last season and was best player
and gotta say did shine in that team when i saw him!age 34
· Sam sodge - Reading have released him good centre back beleive it was him who had a big hissy
fit during the playoffs this year but would still love to see him pull on tht red and
white,age 30
· Todorov - great little striker,ex SKATE and spent a couple of years at charlton but could forgive
him if he could stay fit for us,age 30
· Vassell - bit of a dreamer here i think,everyone knows, many years at Villa,played England and
now surplus to requirements at City - age 29
· Moritz voltz - again another unlikely,regular at Fulham,also played at arsenal but didnt quite make
it, traditonally a righ back but can play further forward,age 26
· Dwight yorke - bit old been everywhere,striker,midfielder age 37
· Jermaine wright - this was a bit of a joke really! we all know him,I didnt think he was a bad
player though!

Julian Gray - this is another i forgot to mention,good quick winger ex sunderland fulham and
more,age 29

Hope this helps people,Many thanks for looking.

Tom
prideofthesouth
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  MILTON REJECT Tue 21 Jul 2009, 3:49 pm

Can you send your post to Pardew??

I'd love to see us sign Kabba, Lita, Mifsud, Zhi, Sodje and Mills.
MILTON REJECT
MILTON REJECT

Male
Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Tue 21 Jul 2009, 7:07 pm

Pamarot turned down when we were in the Prem, not sure he'd want to come to us in L1.
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint_Sista Tue 21 Jul 2009, 8:10 pm

PotS - For the less knowledgable of us (meaning me) I'd love to see you do a squad resume (pronounced ray-zoo-may) at the start of the season.

StS :P
Saint_Sista
Saint_Sista
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM

Female
Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post  AlbionBandMarchesOn Wed 22 Jul 2009, 8:48 am

Saint_Sista wrote:PotS - For the less knowledgable of us (meaning me) I'd love to see you do a squad resume (pronounced ray-zoo-may) at the start of the season.

StS :P

That sounds a good idea, can anyone do that?
AlbionBandMarchesOn
AlbionBandMarchesOn

Male
Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

what does everyone think of my list of free transfers? Empty POST TO PARDEW

Post  prideofthesouth Wed 22 Jul 2009, 10:04 am

would be nice to think you could post it wouldnt it, Im sure he is a very capable man and knows exactly what is around him,

this would be my team for the season presuming we could get any players mentioned.

goalkeeper; K Davis/ Michael Poke.

Right back ; Danny Mills or C Baird back on loan?
Centre back; S Sodge
centre back: Jahidi
left back : D Harding (gotta give him a chance?)if not definately Glen Little
R midfield ; S Kabba
Centre Midfield; M Shneiderlin ( he will be epic this season)
Centre Midfield; Zheng Zhi competing with Gillet and lallnna for the other
Left midfield ; Julian gray or Leon Mckenzie pref J.G
Forward; Michael Misfud
Forward: Leroy lita

Subs ; Davis or Poke
Todorov
Stern John
John Oster
Carl Court
Either of the options listed in starting 11
John Irving
Chris Perry

That would be my squad for a match but I would say anyone mentioned could easily get in the team with some effort all great players,if we had a team like this then it would be like starting the season on + 10 points not -10,we would be up there fighting for pole position never mind playoffs.

Whats everyone think?

Thanks
prideofthesouth
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 22 Jul 2009, 12:50 pm

Do you know if any of the players on your available list have connections with Pardew, Tom?

It often seems that new managers like to bring in people they know.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Wed 22 Jul 2009, 1:07 pm

Always a chance he could get someone from Charlton I guess.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  prideofthesouth Wed 22 Jul 2009, 1:27 pm

he has potenital links to anyone from reading,charlton,west ham really pus he is held in fairly high regard

this in theory puts the following in the frame.

Leroy Lita
Glen Little
Jonathan fortune
Todorov
Sodge

However I am sure that if people want to come he is aware of who is about and who is within our means,

the list I have provided i dont think anyone could argue would give us a chance at getting up this season,however the ego and wages of some of these guys may not stretch as far as league 1!
I think if we can land 1 or 2 big names it may start the ball rolling and a few others may follow in the hope they can see success and any that any that are nearing the end of there careers may see this as one final big push to end there long careers on a big high!

Hey maybe im dreaming but like I said yesterday if Sven can consider Notts county then I think anyhing is possible!
prideofthesouth
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Wed 22 Jul 2009, 4:22 pm

I think you are not alone in believing our dreams could come true.
I feel sure if AP can get in a couple of cheap experienced and useful CCC/Div1 standard players he could then buy one or two to make us a force. Makes sense for him to do it that way as that would leave us in a strong position both on the pitch and financially.
There are quite a few names on your list that I would welcome with open arms. First our kids could develope without last seasons fear. Then you have the added bonus of having experience as well to learn from.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Wed 22 Jul 2009, 4:53 pm

I feel ever more hopeful that no matter how we start the season we will end it doing quite well.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Wed 22 Jul 2009, 4:59 pm

Also see in the Echo and on Solent they are saying John is likely to stay with the two poles leaving. Now, if true perhaps we will be able to get a big strong CB who can command the box and a midfielder in the Patrick Viera mould. Someone who is not afraid to tackle and can drive us on.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 22 Jul 2009, 5:18 pm

Can we get Prutts back??
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Wed 22 Jul 2009, 7:54 pm

Would he want to return. Be good if he did as he is just the type of wholehearted player we could do with.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Wed 22 Jul 2009, 7:55 pm

Would he want to return. Be good if he did as he is just the type of wholehearted player we could do with.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob's your Uncle Thu 23 Jul 2009, 9:51 am

A post on the Echo site:

Just been looking through the 58 pages of free players on the pfa website. Here are a few players i feel could do a good job for us

Defence:
Ryan France RB
Jonathan Fortune CB
Marlon Broomes CB
Rahdi Jaidi CB
Sam Sodje CB
Moritz Volz RB

Midfield
Ivan Campo CM
Matt Holland CM
Claus Jorgensen CM
John Oster RM
Paul Terry CM
Jerome Thomas LM
Zheng Zhi CM
Dwight Yorke CM/ST

Strikers
Collins John
Leroy Lita
Leon McKenzie
Darius Vassell

Some may be high wages but if your not paying a transfer fee then you could pay a little more on wages. Also i think these would do well in the championship. What do you all think?
Bob's your Uncle
Bob's your Uncle

Male
Number of posts : 845
Humor : Yep, I laugh whenever I look in a mirror
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Thu 23 Jul 2009, 2:30 pm

We should seriously consider signing Sam Sodje, David Noble, Pele, JP Saeijs, Jon Fortune, Julian Gray, Carl Hoefkens, Leon Mckenzie, Sibierski (class), Moritz Volz

Marlon Broomes, Ivan Campo, David Connolly, Ryan France, Claus Jorgensen, Mifsud, Danny Mills, John Oster and Jerome Thomas CDAJFU

Lita and Zhi would be awesome but unlikely to want to play in L1, could be lured by Pardew??

Players like Camara, Hamann, Collins John, Pamarot and Sol Campbell we have no chance of getting and would not have the right attitude for the club.

The important thing is that we get in a few players who have a bit of quality and experience to make us much stronger as well as some younger players like Dan Harding who will be really determined and want to get their career going properly. We don't just want any old bosmans who have once scored 20 goals in a season or once played in the premiership but players who will play for the shirt and take us back to the prem. With players like Davis, Perry, Thomas, Gillet, John and maybe Wotton we have a core that will serve us well but we need to add 4 or 5 good quality experienced players to the squad and then to support that we will have good young players like Mills, James, Lallana, Holmes and Schneiderlin who could all be good first team regulars. Players like Patterson, McClaggon, Gobern, Thomson and White could all be used from the bench but need more time in the reserves to develop.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 28 Jul 2009, 12:01 am

Have any of these been snapped up by other clubs yet?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 28 Jul 2009, 12:03 am

teamsaint wrote:We should seriously consider signing Sam Sodje, David Noble, Pele, JP Saeijs, Jon Fortune, Julian Gray, Carl Hoefkens, Leon Mckenzie, Sibierski (class), Moritz Volz

Marlon Broomes, Ivan Campo, David Connolly, Ryan France, Claus Jorgensen, Mifsud, Danny Mills, John Oster and Jerome Thomas CDAJFU

Lita and Zhi would be awesome but unlikely to want to play in L1, could be lured by Pardew??

Players like Camara, Hamann, Collins John, Pamarot and Sol Campbell we have no chance of getting and would not have the right attitude for the club.

The important thing is that we get in a few players who have a bit of quality and experience to make us much stronger as well as some younger players like Dan Harding who will be really determined and want to get their career going properly. We don't just want any old bosmans who have once scored 20 goals in a season or once played in the premiership but players who will play for the shirt and take us back to the prem. With players like Davis, Perry, Thomas, Gillet, John and maybe Wotton we have a core that will serve us well but we need to add 4 or 5 good quality experienced players to the squad and then to support that we will have good young players like Mills, James, Lallana, Holmes and Schneiderlin who could all be good first team regulars. Players like Patterson, McClaggon, Gobern, Thomson and White could all be used from the bench but need more time in the reserves to develop.

Some good thinking there!!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Tue 28 Jul 2009, 12:08 am

SaintMike wrote:Have any of these been snapped up by other clubs yet?

No that I know of Mike, take a look at BBC Sport's transfer list updated daily

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8125943.stm
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next