SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relegated by the league

+4
Admin
Alf Tupper
SFC Forever
Perennial Underachiever
8 posters

Go down

Relegated by the league Empty Relegated by the league

Post  Perennial Underachiever Thu 23 Apr 2009, 3:14 pm

Just logged in from sunny (and hot) Singapore, to see on the Echo website that we've been relegated because the league have decided to take points from us.
I hate the league, they are only doing this because they are so sh** scared of the other clubs. Gutless scum.

F**k F**k F**k 😢
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Relegated by the league Empty Re: Relegated by the league

Post  SFC Forever Thu 23 Apr 2009, 3:18 pm

I am aiming my fury at RL because he organised this so we didn't start next season with a clean slate. Job done. We now have to band together and show a strength that has been missing lately.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Perennial Underachiever Thu 23 Apr 2009, 3:46 pm

Oh yes, it's L**e and W***e's doing (can't bring myself to type their names) and frankly I hope they get strung up from the Itchen Bridge. Yes, we knew this was likely, but to be relegated not on the pitch, but by a group of bureaucratic retarded wankers as the FL are is very hard to take. I hate them nearly as much as I hate L**e and W***e.

Any chance of putting L**e and W***e's names into the sware filter? :twisted:
Perennial Underachiever
Perennial Underachiever
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Number of posts : 2374
Job/hobbies : Wildlife, photography, travel
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Relegated by the league Empty SAINTS RELEGATED AFTER 10 POINT DEDUCTION ANNOUNCED

Post  Alf Tupper Thu 23 Apr 2009, 4:37 pm

Southampton will be relegated from the Championship after being docked 10 points by the Football League.
The penalty comes after the club's parent company went into administration at the start of April

Source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/8014811.stm
Alf Tupper
Alf Tupper
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 2108
Job/hobbies : Media Operations
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tupper Thu 23 Apr 2009, 4:41 pm

If we stay up we are deducted 10 points and relegated.

If we are relegated anyway because of results, we start next season on minus 10. So at least there is still an incentive to win the next two games.
Alf Tupper
Alf Tupper
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 2108
Job/hobbies : Media Operations
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Apr 2009, 4:52 pm

Admin
Admin
Forum Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-08-29

https://ohwhenthesaints.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Dad Thu 23 Apr 2009, 5:32 pm

Really bad news, sorry to hear it.
North End Dad
North End Dad
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post  praying for a miracle Thu 23 Apr 2009, 7:54 pm

i hope to goodness that the players pull out ALL the stops over the next couple of games and retain CCC status. i know we'll still be relegated, but at least we can start next season (if indeed we still exist next season) on a level par with the other teams.
My God, i can't believe i am even writing this, it's all very surreal.
27 years living the high life, we certainly have 'come down to earth with a thud' haven't we 😢

i will ALWAYS be Southampton til i die, but i fear that Southampton Football Club may die long before i do! Sad

PS . i think i should change my username now. Not even a miracle can't save us now.... 😢
praying for a miracle
praying for a miracle
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO

Male
Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Thu 23 Apr 2009, 9:14 pm

Praying For A Miracle is okay till we know exactly how bad our fate is to become.
If we were to perform a miracle you could always change to Miracles do Happen. I have a feeling that we will have some good gates next season and with a good start we could still be in the promotion hunt. If we get a manager that can do his job quickly, we can start sorting the wheat from the chaff. In fact perhaps you could keep your mpnicar for another season as we begin the fight back. God willing.

Last edited by SFC Forever on Sat 25 Apr 2009, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IsleOfWightBlue Sat 25 Apr 2009, 12:58 am

It is your supporters I feel sorry for. You have no control over what has happened over the years and have been treated with contempt by RL and his cohorts.

Talking with supporters of other clubs the general concensus is that Southampton ( Not you the fans ) have got what you deserved by trying to play the system. Leeds United tried to manipulate the points deduction rule by putting themselves into administration when they knew they were to be relegated anyway - Quite rightly they were deducted 10 points at the start of the next season.

Southampton Football Club has in most nuetral's eyes tried to manipulate the system by placing a holding company into administration instead of the football club. As Lord Mac says ''Its clear that the holding company and the football club are all but one''. There has been a contant transfer or funds from the holding company to the football club and one cannot seperate the administration and financial affairs of the club from the holding company.

The truth is that the club has tried to very clever and exploit a loophole within the system. Sadly the FL are one step ahead and I believe by using independant auditors not connected with the game they were able to obtain enough evidence to justify the points deduction. The club did not help itself by withdrawing co-operation part way through the investigation process - This action I am sure was like a red rag to a bull and just made the FL more determined to issue the penalty.

Southampton have had a dreadful season and to be honest with or without the points deduction I do not think you will get enough points to escape relegation to Div 1 anyway. You can only hope that you will not go into free fall. How many of your better players will now want away? How many will give their allegence to the club the way its supporters have? If you were a young footballer with a family to support, would you just accept the drop or hope that a club in the championship or premier comes in for you?

The vultures I am sure will be decending on St. Marys even now I fear......

I personally feel the 10 points deduction IS fair. If you are not punished then perhaps to protect ourselves my team Oldham and the rest of the league should create a ''Holding Company'' then we could do exactly what Southmapton Football club have done should a similar situation arise.

I do hope you win your remaining games and therefore only suffer the penalty this season.....However I think even the most die hard Saints fan knows that its very likely that you will start in Championship One on -10 points.

It's been very messy and trashy the way SFC have conducted their business affairs over the last few seasons and the more that the holding company is brought up the more people think the whole thing stinks. I do not think you have the sympathy of the majority of neutral fans - In fact I think Leeds in particular would feel a great injustice if you were to be successful in any appeal - Mal administration and an attempt to manipulate the rules and regs of the game is something that SFC is as guilty of as Leeds were.

As I have said in another post - I have a great deal of respect for Southampton fans who have stuck with this club despite the dreadful way they have been treated by several administrations. - While RL is held by many to be the sole culprit and the only one resposnsible for your current state of affairs I think that there are many others hiding within the infrastructure of SFC that have contributed to the demise of your team. They will no doubt slink away and keep a low profile as more of the preverbial hits the fan.

Personally I am looking forward to you joining us in Div 1 next season and it will be so good to be able to just drive up to Cowes and get the Hi Jet to Southampton and watch Oldham play at St Marys instead of the long drives I often do. If its a Saturday game I will even be home by 7pm !!!!!

I will of course be pleased to offer 2 or 3 saints fans a trip up to Boundary Park next season in my MPV (subject to a small contribution to fuel ). Those that havent been should remember to wrap up well as even in the height of summer it rarely gets above -1 degrees and snow storms in August are common. We do though sell good quality Bovril and the pies are cheap and tasty.

To think next season you could actually be playing Dagenham and Redbridge..... And you are guaranteed to be be playing Wycombe Wanderers...Southampton will be in a lower Division than Peterborough United .....Surreal.......Your not kidding !!!! affraid

Last edited by IsleOfWightBlue on Sat 25 Apr 2009, 1:04 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : syntax error)
IsleOfWightBlue
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Apr 2009, 11:49 am

Painful reading....but another candidate for P.O.T.M.

(Hope you don't mind IsleOfWightBlue but I have posted your message on the Rivals sites for Leeds and a couple of other clubs to see what response they might have)
Admin
Admin
Forum Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-08-29

https://ohwhenthesaints.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sat 25 Apr 2009, 12:21 pm

That does make sense Mike. We might even get a response or two.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IsleOfWightBlue Sat 25 Apr 2009, 1:00 pm

Not a problem Smile
IsleOfWightBlue
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sat 25 Apr 2009, 7:19 pm

Changing tack a little I see PNE are still fighting after their result today. 2-1 away to Brum.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Thu 30 Apr 2009, 12:43 pm