SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN

+8
half pint
SaintsChick
DellBoy
Jillyanne
I could still be Dorothy
North End Mam
SaintMike
Amanda Holden
12 posters

Go down

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Empty HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN

Post  Amanda Holden Tue 10 Jan 2012, 3:58 pm

Mike has asked me to say hello. Let me have a few questions and I'll answer them.
Amanda Holden
Amanda Holden
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-01-10

Back to top Go down

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Empty Re: HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN

Post  Amanda Holden Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:00 pm

I have a question of my own for Soton Uni! I am from Bishops Waltham and I worked in Soton! How come I don't get letters after my name like gorg Oz Dan? not sure
Amanda Holden
Amanda Holden
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 10 Jan 2012, 5:27 pm

Absolutely fantastic to see you here Amanda!

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Sm-image-2-591333963

From Wikipedia.....

Amanda Louise Holden (born 16 February 1971) is an English actress and presenter. Among her roles are Mia Bevan in Cutting It, Sarah Trevanion in Wild at Heart, and the title role in Thoroughly Modern Millie, for which she was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award. Since 2007, Holden has been a judge on Britain's Got Talent.

She is married to record producer Chris Hughes. Her marriage to Family Fortunes presenter Les Dennis ended in divorce in 2003.

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN D3AADF12-FEFA-72A1-D47EAEF34C740B61
AMANDA WITH LES DENNIS

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN THOROUGHLY-MODERN-MILLIE-27
AMANDA AS THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE

Holden was born in Bishop's Waltham, Hampshire to Judith Mary Harrison and Naval petty officer Frank Holden. Her parents split up when she was four and she was brought up in the village of Waltham Chase, by Harrison and stepfather Leslie Drew Collister. She joined the Bishop's Waltham Little Theatre Company when she was nine, and credits Angie Blackford as influential in her early stage career. When she was 16 the family moved to Bournemouth and ran a small B&B while Amanda herself studied Drama and English literature A levels with Terry Clarke and Charles Lamb at the Jellicoe Theatre, now part of Bournemouth and Poole College. She successfully auditioned for the independent drama school Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts in the Wood Green area of North London when she was 18, graduating in July 1994.

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN ?type=display

Her first television appearance was as a contestant on the UK game show Blind Date in 1991, since which she has become a familiar face on British television.

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Blinddate380_830105a
AMANDA (CENTRE) ON BLIND DATE

Holden appeared in the ITV drama Wild at Heart as Sarah Trevanion. She is currently a judge on Britain's Got Talent alongside Simon Cowell and previously Piers Morgan, Kelly Brook, Michael MacIntyre and David Hasslehoff. She has appeared on various British comedy and drama series such as Smack the Pony, EastEnders, Hearts and Bones, Cutting It and as a co-star with Harry Enfield in comedy series Celeb.

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN 342116
WILD AT HEART

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Heartsbones_1801912c
AMANDA IN HEARTS AND BONES

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Cutting-it-series-1-4-sarah-parish-amanda-holden-fb7e
CUTTING IT

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Celeb
AMANDA WITH HARRY ENFIELD IN CELEB

In April 2009, it was reported that the US network CBS had offered Holden the job of one time guest presenter on The Early Show, a daytime talk show. Holden confirmed that she would host the show, and presented alongside regular presenters Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez on 1 June. Holden has since been signed up with CBS as a British correspondent for The Early Show.

In July 2009, Holden became a gossip columnist for the News of the World's celebrity orientated magazine Fabulous. In January 2010, she started a new three-part show called Amanda Holden's Fantasy Lives.

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN 24696_amanda_holden0115_122_97lo
THE EARLY SHOW

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Article-1248207-08230DFC000005DC-112_468x331
Amanda in a stunt fight with a professional stuntwoman on her ITV show Amanda Holden's Fantasy Lives

Holden has appeared in several stage musicals and in 2004 was nominated for a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her performance in the West End production of Thoroughly Modern Millie (musical), which closed earlier than expected at the end of June 2004.

She appeared in the ITV1 drama Wild at Heart, alongside Stephen Tompkinson. The first series aired in 2006 and a second series followed in early 2007. Series three ran from 20 January to 9 March 2008, after which Holden left the programme. She then appeared as Lizzie the Ring Mistress in the sitcom Big Top (BBC1, 2009), which ran for one series.

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Big-Top-001
AMANDA IN BIG TOP

Holden's other TV credits include three series of the hit comedy Kiss Me Kate alongside Caroline Quentin, three series of the ITV comedy series The Grimleys, Celeb with Harry Enfield, the critically acclaimed BBC series Hearts and Bones alongside Damian Lewis, the Jonathan Creek episode "The Problem at Gallowes Gate" and a Boxing Day special Marple alongside Geraldine McEwan and John Hannah. She also co-starred with Bill Nighy and Tom Courtenay in Ready When You Are, Mr McGill, Jack Rosenthal's classic comedy drama.

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Cast
THE CAST OF KISS ME KATE

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN 111%7C000006c0d%7C47d0_orh100000w614_Amanda-5
AMANDA AS TEACHER MISS GERALDINE TITLEY FOR THE GRIMLEYS

She most recently finished playing the role of Princess Fiona in the original West End production of Shrek the Musical, which began on 6 May 2011. The show opened at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane on 14 June 2011. She starred alongside Nigel Lindsay, Richard Blackwood and Nigel Harman. Holden departed the show on 3 October 2011, ten weeks earlier than planned, to focus on her unborn child. She was replaced by Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh.

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Article-0-0C3A2CEB00000578-875_468x307
AMANDA AS PRINCESS FIONA IN SHREK
HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Theatre062311_02

Holden married the comedian Les Dennis in June 1995. They had a temporary split in 2000 when Holden's affair with actor Neil Morrissey was exposed in the press, before eventually separating in December 2002 and divorcing in 2003.

On 21 January 2006, Holden gave birth to her first child, Alexa Louise Florence "Lexi" Hughes with fiancé Chris Hughes. She married record producer Hughes at Babington House, Somerset, on 10 December 2008 with former Formula One racing driver David Coulthard acting as the best man. In early January 2011, Holden announced she was pregnant with a baby boy and that he was due to be born in March 2011. On 1 February 2011 her son was stillborn. She had previously suffered a miscarriage in May 2010. On 24 August 2011, Holden announced on Twitter that she was expecting a second baby girl.

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Amanda%20Holden%20and%20Chris%20Hughes
AMANDA WITH CHRIS AND THEIR DAUGHTER

Holden ran the London Marathon in 4 hours and 13 minutes on 13 April 2008, in the name of the Born Free Foundation, having collected public and celebrity sponsors online.

Holden is a fan of Everton Football Club and attends games when her work permits. Holden fronted Everton's breast cancer awareness campaign, sporting a limited edition baby pink club shirt, the colour of breast cancer awareness. In September 2011, Holden was sponsored to bake a cake for every child in the Great Ormond Street Hospital.

HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN FDC6FC51851FE296F9D198FFDFA92
LONDON MARATHON

Amanda's website....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Britain's Got Talent.....
HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN TalentREX1806_468x286
HI, I'M AMANDA HOLDEN Article-1271342506165-090CF95B000005DC-189450_636x564
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Mam Tue 10 Jan 2012, 5:47 pm

Hi, It's great that you are doing this!!
On BGT have there been any serious arguments between judges about who to put through? Are there any contestants you still feel deserved the chance but over whom you were outvoted??
North End Mam
North End Mam
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Mam Tue 10 Jan 2012, 5:50 pm

I read that the BGT judges for 2012 are different, do you think there are any aspects that the new judges are better qualified to judge on? What are your thoughts on the new series?
North End Mam
North End Mam

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  I could still be Dorothy Tue 10 Jan 2012, 5:55 pm

Hi, I think you are awesome!
Playing Princess Fiona in Shrek must have been great fun. Can you tell us about some fun times you had??
I could still be Dorothy
I could still be Dorothy
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Female
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillyanne Tue 10 Jan 2012, 5:58 pm

Hi there Amanda, thanks for this!
I truly envy you your looks, I wish I could get my body like yours. Do you have to work hard to keep like that or does it come naturally? Got any tips?
Which part of your body are you proudest of? And are there any parts you wish were different?
Jillyanne
Jillyanne

Female
Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DellBoy Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:03 pm

I am amazed and gutted!!! Shocked
You are from our part of the world, I can't believe that Wikipedia is right in saying you support Everton......please tell me that they have got it wrong! Why on earth are you not a Saints fan like us???? We'd love to have you with us.......
DellBoy
DellBoy

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintsChick Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:07 pm

Hi, Is it right that your first TV appearance was on Blind Date? Were you nervous? Did you get to go on a date? What happened?
SaintsChick
SaintsChick

Female
Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  half pint Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:11 pm

Hey there.....
Have you ever appeared in front of the cameras naked or partly dressed? Have you had many sexy scenes to play? How do you feel about that sort of thing?
half pint
half pint
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob's your Uncle Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:16 pm

Hi,
Have you ever been asked to go on Strictly Come Dancing? How would you feel about doing that sort of programme?
Bob's your Uncle
Bob's your Uncle

Male
Number of posts : 845
Humor : Yep, I laugh whenever I look in a mirror
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Angie's Your Aunt Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:19 pm

Hi and thanks!
Does everyone call you Amanda or do some friends or relatives have pet names for you?
Angie's Your Aunt
Angie's Your Aunt
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Southampton my Home Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:21 pm

Hi, you said you worked in Southampton. What work and when??
Southampton my Home
Southampton my Home

Male
Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  another fine mess Tue 10 Jan 2012, 6:23 pm

If we were able to talk to Chris or a member of your family, and asked them to name your most annoying and disgusting habits, what do you think they would say? Please be honest.....we'll know if you're fibbing!!
another fine mess
another fine mess
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down