SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAINTS BOARD

4 posters

Go down

SAINTS BOARD Empty SAINTS BOARD

Post  SFC Forever Fri 12 Sep 2008, 9:22 am

I hate to admit it but I am beginning to feel that our board is actually hitting on something good. Though the team hasn't started with many points it is showing some promise. We have all been told that there is a serious money problem yet we did make a bid for a new player which got turned down. Coming after the excellent looking purchase of Morgan I hope that that means we are heading the right way financially.
Obviously we have not yet turned the corner. Money is still tight but we do seem able to add to the squad if the right person comes along at the right price. Jan has experience of his own and I hope that he will use this to gain us a player or two from his previous football league. We are still struggling to get the points we need to boost our teams confidence but the way we are playing does give us some hope.
The lower leagues have a few untapped diamonds so I presume the foreseeable future means we will use some where suitable to bolster the squad. We also have some young guns coming through and we have to balance getting them experience with buying new players. Our weak point at the moment seems to be the defence. There are a few youngsters queing up waiting for their chance and I am really looking forward to seeing Ollie get a chance. Perhaps with him and Cork we could start growing more secure.
If we were really desperate would the board have gone any higher with their bid for Gerrard? Was the bid forced by our inability to defend? Gerrard is a big strong player and would almost certainly have bolstered the defence. Killer is struggling so would the bid have been for the sole purpose of covering his position? I for one am hoping not.
I have been pretty scathing about our board in the past. Sometimes they have bitterly let us down. However this lot do seem to be keeping the wolves at bay whilst giving us a team that will actually play with heart. The reserves and youngsters have started to gather the odd point so I am growing more helpful by the day.
If Lowe and the board prove us all wrong I will openly admit my error. I am first and foremost a SAINTS supporter and sincerely hope that my doubts about the return of Lowe were unfounded. There are lots of questions that remain unanswered but for now they can wait. If someone from the Saints really wants us to go along then please let us know exactly what is going on. I wish there was a way to persuade one or more of the inner sanctum to use a site such as ours. It is not difficult for us to find the questions and there has to be one simple soul to answer tham. (not simple as in being thick)
So come on anyone who has a voice let us all know what is actually happening.We all love our club and without us you will not last very long. You need to be heard so take the opportunity to keep us in the know. Knowledge can be a great comfort no matter how bad the news.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 12257
Job/hobbies : Hoping to see Saints win
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://www.southampton.vitalfootball.co.uk

Back to top Go down

SAINTS BOARD Empty Re: SAINTS BOARD

Post  bloop Fri 12 Sep 2008, 10:22 am

I've always been pro-Lowe and was actually quite saddened when he left. I was particularly impressed with the way he tried to innovate success through forward thinking (e.g. Woodwood/Clifford experiment) and not just throwing money at players (think Leeds Utd). Perhaps with a little more support from the fans and manager at the time it could of worked? But hey, hindsight and all that.

Really estactic about the return, it's also given our youngsters and extra spring in their step. They obvious respect then man as much as he respects them. I think there was quite a lot of disillusion with the previous board and managers, the way they completely overlooked our youth players. Now we're starting to get to see a bit of them, it seems a complete scandal that they hadn't been used previously. Especially with money being such a scarce resource!

I'm really starting to see a future for our club again now, something that was quickly diminishing before. As well as the amazing football we're beginning to see week-in week-out!

The defence is a problem and it looks as though the board are working on improving it, so I'm not unduly worried. I would like to see our potential turn in to a few more points on the table mind! ;)
bloop
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Fri 12 Sep 2008, 11:20 am

A few points will really start the good feel factor.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  bloop Fri 12 Sep 2008, 11:27 am

and the feel good factor will improve too! :P
bloop

Male
Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Fri 12 Sep 2008, 12:52 pm

Looking forward to QPR on Saturday.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Vegassaint Fri 12 Sep 2008, 1:02 pm

SFC Forever wrote:Looking forward to QPR on Saturday.

YOU WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AT THE GROUND

ITS ON SUNDAY ???
Vegassaint
Vegassaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Job/hobbies : DARTS FOOTBALL GOLF DRINKING
Humor : mock the week,porridge
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Fri 12 Sep 2008, 1:06 pm

How remiss of me. Just showing my age.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  teamsaint Fri 12 Sep 2008, 10:43 pm

I'm not a Lowe fan but with the exception of sacking Woggy (and 'sacking' Pearson as well for that matter) I can't think of anything he's done wrong since he came back.
teamsaint
teamsaint
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male
Number of posts : 1498
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  SFC Forever Sun 28 Sep 2008, 9:56 pm

Just wish that they would talk to us more. Give the supporters a cost reduction or something to get them back. Buy a ticket and get a voucher towards next game, anything to increase takings must be worthwhile. Think Tesco's cos we aint Harrods.
SFC Forever
SFC Forever
PILLAR OF THE FORUM
PILLAR OF THE FORUM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content