SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Season - Expectations?

2 posters

Go down

New Season - Expectations? Empty New Season - Expectations?

Post  matty07uk Mon 31 Jul 2017, 8:12 pm

well my Season Ticket arrived on Saturday so a glutton for punishment and another season to endure. Do not have great expectations, am hoping Hojberg and Boufal step up this year and prove worthy of a starting place, also despite acting a prat hope VVD stays for the season and gets back to his best. If he does and helps us to a top 10 position I would not object to him leaving next season for £60m+, providing not Liverpool!

Will be interesting next few weeks will we cave in and allow VVD to leave, if we do I wont renew next season for the deception from Reed and co. See KlippetyKloppity has said Coutinho is NOT for sale what don't people understand. The guy is a priceless idiot beginning to make Brenda look sane. So lets see Reed make the same statement about VVD and have done with it. Oh and when Coutinho does go I wouldn't object if we sell them Tadic for £25m

Squad looks weak to me, an okay starting 11 but some areas where we are short, Defensive midfield with a tough tackling player, goal scoring midfield player still no back up goalie, Forster is uninspiring as first choice and needs to be under pressure, not sure when Mcarthy will start playing again a worry he is still out. Rest depends if we keep VVD, Bertrand, and Cedric if we do then defence looks okay if just 1 of 3 goes could be problems though think we could handle Bertrand's loss best with Targett and MacQueen. Big season for some of the youngsters, Sims, Hesketh, Gallagher, can they stake a claim. Need to move on Gazzaniga, and Gardos as can easily do better and they are never going to be good enough.

What are your thoughts Pete and Mike?
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

New Season - Expectations? Empty Re: New Season - Expectations?

Post  SaintMike Wed 09 Aug 2017, 2:18 am

Thanks for that Matty. Well Lemina's signing will hopefully help the defensive midfield (unless Saints are secretly planning to accept an offer for Romeu that we don't know about). I wouldn't mind too much if Clasie were to move on.
We have players in most position who, on their day, are good enough.....but they need to keep free of injury, to stay in good form and to put in the effort.
If I could choose one top signing for them to make it would be a top keeper.....but I am afraid that is not going to happen.
I believe we can keep clear of trouble although its not going to be an easy season. Perhaps the 3 of us should predict a finishing position and see who is closest. I'll go for 11th.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Wed 09 Aug 2017, 11:08 pm

Yes the Lemina signing is positive news at last and supposedly are looking at Centre Halves, Hoedt would be an excellent signing and think he wants a move, though not gone on strike! Need to get that deal done and then tell Van Dyjk can play in the reserves or get grown up, and produce the goods on the pitch. I suspect though if we do sign a CH that VVD will be sold, so long as the fee is met but can see that going to the last week of the transfer window.

I suspect Classie will leave can see a few prem clubs might be interested can see Everton going in for him to replace Barkley.

Supposed to be looking at bringing in a goalie on loan, which would suggest Gazza going out on loan again and a worry that Mcarthy is injured so seriously need cover as will have no back up to Forster,

I was thinking 13/14 but that is if we don't sign a CH and VVD continues to act like a prat. If we get in someone like Hoedt then possibly 10th, if we don't get to many injuries to key players
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Fri 11 Aug 2017, 7:55 am

I'm sure I read somewhere that Tino is looking to sign Gazza as a back-up to the Spurs keeper, but don't know what they see in him
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down