SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAN UNITED AT ST MARYS

3 posters

Go down

MAN UNITED AT ST MARYS Empty MAN UNITED AT ST MARYS

Post  SaintMike Thu 04 Dec 2014, 11:58 am

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

MAN UNITED AT ST MARYS Empty Re: MAN UNITED AT ST MARYS

Post  matty07uk Fri 05 Dec 2014, 9:03 pm

will be interesting to see who he picks up with no Schneiderlin Toby and Cork. he might go with Mane, Long Tadic and Pelle as he did at Villa but think would be a bad move as Manure play better on the break and think that would leave the defence totally exposed.

Think has to be the time to give Reed a chance pointless him being on the bench getting 2 - 3 minutes, or he has to look at possibly playing Bertrand or Gardos in the middle.

Personally I would go with

Forster
Clyne, Gardos, Fonte, Bertrand
Tadic, Davis, Wanyama, Reed
Pelle Long

Subs
Davis, Targett, Yoshida, Mane, Mayuka, ??, ??
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 08 Dec 2014, 6:12 pm

Going to be very cold tonight, -2 forecast, Report might not be here until tomorrow evening as doubt will get back in doors much before 11
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Mon 08 Dec 2014, 11:02 pm

Thanks Matty, looking forward to your report.

Anoter defeat pushing us down to 5th, we really need to win at Burnley on Saturday........
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 08 Dec 2014, 11:15 pm

well another defeat and again no one to blame but ourselves. defensive errors and dumb selection decisions are causing us to lose when we should be picking up points. What is clear form last few games as some players are simply not good enough and what is also coming through is Koeman has a stubborn streak which shows he needs to learn from the m mistakes not just the players.

Long and Mane again do not seem to get it that its a team effort and they need to put in a shift. Koeman doesn't get it that playing Mane, long, Tadic in support of Pelle, as he did tonight and at Villa leave the midfield of two totally over run no matter how hard they work. I said before the game that selection would mean we would lose and hate to be proved right.

I have to be honest I would have subbed Mane after 10 minutes, how he stayed on the pitch for the whole game is a complete joke. Plus I have no idea what Koeman has against Harrison Reed. According to Les Reed he is the best Academy prospect saints have produced, has been on the bench most games this year, we have an injury crisis in midfield yet cannot get a minute of game time. What has he done wrong?? Tonight to add insult to injury Jake Hesketh came on as first sub, sorry when did he get in front of Reed??

First goal was terrible mistake from Fonte, no pressure no danger and he decides to make a pass back to Van Persie. Partly for me caused by the lack of midfield, no one to pass forward to so took the easy option out pass back but didn't look. Saints fought back dominated the game and deservedly equalised through pelle, again numerous chances to shoot, no one does until finally Tadic had a shot bounced of a defender and Pelle blasted home.##

Second half we were again better side Manure only attacked on the break but no direct shots for Forster. the long free kick from Rooney went to far post and about a yard out for can Persie to score. Forster totally at fault for not coming and claiming the ball. For gods sake he is 6 ft 6, huge, ugly as hell yet is frightened to get stuck in. What's the point of an England goal keeping coach if he cannot get our goalie to come and claim crosses. sainst only hope was Pelle and he da a couple of chances one flashed just over one well saved. Our corners by Davis were awful as bad as Tadics, do they practice on the training ground? get Clyne or Bertrand to take as both have decent deliveries.

Forster 5 little to do but poor indecisive for second gaol
Clyne 7 good defensively wished he tried shooting a bit more, went close with a long range shot
Yoshida 7 had a decent game didn't see if could have done anything on second goal.
Fonte 5 didn't do a lot wrong but mistakes that lead to goals are unacceptable.
Bertrand 7 again defensively good, no support form midfield at all which meant he couldn't get forward.
Davis 6 worked hard but needs to start taking shots
Wanyama 7 another good game, a few risky moments but if we had 3 midfield he could have marked Fellani out of the game
Tadic 6 still not great but had a couple of decent through balls and seemed to be carrying an injury.
Mane 2 probably the lowest score I have given a saints player, he is awful, shooting and work rate non existent, crossing poor he offers nothing
Long 5 occasionally creates a problem but simply doesn't put in a shift for a £12m player not good enough.
Pelle 7 worked hard took goal well and is our only goal threat, left to do to much on his own
Subs
Hesketh 5 initial couple of nice touches then game passed him by looks far to lightweight and no idea how ahead of Reed
Mayuka 5 basically clueless

club need to get the cheque book out in January but also get rid of likes of Mayuka and bring in someone like Ings who can support Pelle, at least Ings would put in a shift. I would off load Mane as do not believe he as a football brain, one example tonight was he broke away and Bertrand 20 yards behind did a ling busting run to provide an overlap just got level with Mane when he went other way and lost the ball, he didn't look which was bad enough but if he listened to the crowd they were telling him out wide, simply in a world of his own.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Tue 09 Dec 2014, 8:08 am

Thanks Matty.
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 09 Dec 2014, 11:00 am

Thanks Matty.

I don't think Forster will have improved his England chances, with Hodgson being at St Marys.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 09 Dec 2014, 11:01 am

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 09 Dec 2014, 11:16 am

When interviewed by Sky after the game Koeman said a main difference between the teams on the night, was that MU (especially Van Persie) took gifts offered to them while Saints (especially Long) did not take theirs.

Yes, Long should have scored, but he was not the only one to waste chances and others (Mane the prime example) should have done much much more. Sorry to say that in some ways Mane reminds me of Osvaldo in his attitude, he wants to show off but he does not look to have his heart in the game.

If I were Long, I would be feeling really annoyed for being singled out like that.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Tue 09 Dec 2014, 8:47 pm

problem Mike is that Long doesn't work, he never came back to help Clyne. I always thought Long was willing to graft but for whatever reason he isn't prepared to work for the team, that said neither does Mane and would take Long over Mane any day.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content