SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CARROW ROAD NEXT

2 posters

Go down

CARROW ROAD NEXT Empty CARROW ROAD NEXT

Post  SaintMike Wed 06 Mar 2013, 11:20 am

I have always had a bit of a soft spot for Norwich since they were promoted with Saints to the old Division 2 in 1960. Only went to Carrow Road once, when Saints played there on the first day of the 1978/9 season, we lost...I think it was 3-1.

We could certainly do with the 3 points, any chance? And do you think Tino will make any changes?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

CARROW ROAD NEXT Empty Re: CARROW ROAD NEXT

Post  matty07uk Wed 06 Mar 2013, 8:49 pm

Dont think we will get 3 points but think will get a point, 1 -1. Also think Tino will make a change and expect Davis to be brought back in, either for Lallana, Puncheon or Ramerez, may be Lallana having taken a knock on saturday so could see him starting on bench. Hopefully Shaw will start and would expect Forren on the bench.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sat 09 Mar 2013, 2:40 pm

Southampton: Boruc, Yoshida, Fonte, Hooiveld, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Cork, Ramírez, Lallana (c), Rodriguez, Lambert.
Subs: K. Davis, Clyne, Forren, Ward-Prowse, Guly, Chaplow, Puncheon.

Interesting line-up, Maya playing full-back?? And Hooiveld still preferred to Forren. Davis not even on the bench. And room for Lallana, Ramirez, Rodriguez and Lambert. I hope this is going to work!!!

Going for a 2-1 defeat and feeling apprehensive.

I think QPR must be favourites against Sunderland, while anything could happen Reading-Villa. The table tonight could be interesting and rather worrying.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sat 09 Mar 2013, 5:20 pm

Well a point so not a bad result and sounds like we had plenty of chances to score with misses by Rodrigues, Lallana and ramerez. Shame we didnt sign a goal scoring midfield player as would be in top half with the chances we create. 21 shots from saints away from home cannot be bad and keep at it and the goals will come

Then had to be thankful for Boruc for last minute penalty save so guess happy to take a point. Also sounds like Yoshida made a couple of decent blocks and with him at RB can understand why he didnt bring in Forren as would have been to unsettling at the back. Wins for QPR and Villa dont help but that was always on the cards.

Next 2 home games against liverpool and chelsea will be key but we have played well against Man U, Man C, Arsenal
at home so think we can get 4 points. Plus QPR are away at Villa next week with Reading at Man U so if we can beat Liverpool we can extend the gap.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 10 Mar 2013, 2:05 pm

Matty, you think we can take 4 points from Liverpool and Chelsea matches? I really hope your accurate forecasting of the Norwich match continues because I don't think we will get more than 1 point from these next 2 games. And I am not sure that QPR playing Villa is a good thing for our position: a Villa win could put them 2 points ahead of us, a QPR win could put them just 2 points behind us. Maybe a draw would be the best outcome there.

After the Liverpool and Chelsea games, the only match we have against a top side is Spurs away. So that leaves us 6 games in which I hope we will pick up enough points to stay up....... I would guess we could get 2 wins, 3 draws and 4 defeats from the last 9 matches. The 9 points would give us a total of 37 which may be enough.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 11 Mar 2013, 5:36 pm

Well we might only get 2 points but do think we are capable of wining at least one of these games, just need a bit of luck which has been in short supply since the Man City game but hopefully will level out. Definitelyy a draw between Villa and QPR would be best result for us.

Think we can win against West Ham, WBA and Stoke but with Stoke last game of season want another win before then if possible which should get us to 40 points.

Hoping that Lallana will improve as will be a bit rusty following his lay off and will start to come good in next week which should add to our ability to score goals
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content