SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS THIS THE END?? Nostromo, Matty and ALL USERS PLEASE READ!!

5 posters

Go down

IS THIS THE END??  Nostromo, Matty and ALL USERS PLEASE READ!! Empty IS THIS THE END?? Nostromo, Matty and ALL USERS PLEASE READ!!

Post  Admin Sun 23 Sep 2012, 2:43 pm

When you logged on you may have seen a notice that this 'domain' had expired. When we had a lot of regular users I was given free access to the domain because of the advertising on the site. But now we have very few users I have been told that the 'domain' has been cancelled unless I make a fairly substantial payment. I not sure but I think this means the address www.ohwhenthesaints.net is not accessible but that we can still use the forum on www.ohwhenthesaints.forumotion.net
Sorry about this but for the current number of users it did not seem worth spending big. Hope the forum is still accessible!
Admin
Admin
Forum Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1526
Registration date : 2008-08-29

https://ohwhenthesaints.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

IS THIS THE END??  Nostromo, Matty and ALL USERS PLEASE READ!! Empty Re: IS THIS THE END?? Nostromo, Matty and ALL USERS PLEASE READ!!

Post  Nostromo Sun 23 Sep 2012, 2:54 pm

I saw that and thought 'Bugger'! Then I noticed the 'forumotion' address at the top of the 'domain expired' page.
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

IS THIS THE END??  Nostromo, Matty and ALL USERS PLEASE READ!! Empty Re: IS THIS THE END?? Nostromo, Matty and ALL USERS PLEASE READ!!

Post  matty07uk Sun 23 Sep 2012, 4:05 pm

Same here, have the address saved a favourite so got a surprise when tried to log on but then tried the other one and that worked so seems still alive and kicking. Can't justify paying for the domain name but if I win the lottery will go ahead and buy!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Sun 17 Mar 2013, 10:54 am

The forum still dwindling on with just Matty, Nostromo and Pete logging in, and I see Pete hasn't logged in for almost a month now.

As long as I am not completely alone I shall try to keep it going but I am still wondering if there is any way we can revive interest.

It's probably not worth doing anything new right now with the end of season approaching, as any additional activity now would almost certainly disappear again during the summer. But has anyone got any ideas for features, games or quizes that we could use to attract interest next season?

One thought I had was for a section devoted to non-league clubs in the area....maybe a different thread for each team. Think there's any way we could get that to work??
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Mon 18 Mar 2013, 2:06 pm

Not sure what you can do Mike, I always go on saints forum but do not bother making any comments due to the level of abuse you get no matter what you say!! Have also followed the links to Ugly inside but seems to be domianetd by Nick Illingsworth opinions

dont know if we could try and steer the more sensibles one over here.

Personally the quizzes and stuff were never the main attraction , it was pretty much anything to do with saints. Non league stuff would have a look at but not sure it would generate more interest but if they were the bigger local teams, Totton Sholing etc then might attract a few.

if I can think of anything else will let you know.

matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Fri 22 Mar 2013, 3:59 am

Mike,

I'm still here. Apologies, I've been a bit lax of late.

Pete
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz

Male
Number of posts : 716
Humor : Improving
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Thu 15 Aug 2013, 11:14 am

The start of an exciting new season, everything to play for.....things should be buzzing on here!! But unfortunately no....... we are now getting fewer and fewer visits. Sad 

Pete was last here on Tuesday, Nostromo on Saturday evening, Brian (SFC Forever) and Matty both last looked in on 31st July (over 2 weeks ago).

And apart from the 5 of us, no-one has been here since the middle of June!!

Oh dear.......
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Thu 15 Aug 2013, 4:59 pm

Mike

sorry been on hols for couple of weeks and just got back from Spain. Don't think much else can do Mike as a struggle to get newcomers. I do go and view Saints Forum but get really fed up with the dumb comments on there by some so doubt will ever join and post
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Thu 15 Aug 2013, 6:46 pm

OK, no more holidays for you Matty my man!!! Rolling Eyes
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Fri 16 Aug 2013, 6:47 pm

Saintsweb Forum is just crap, dominated by the same old trolls who won't let anyone else have another opinion, and Not 606 went the same way. The Ugly Inside is utter crap, populated by the (even worse) trolls who got banned off Saintsweb Forum. There's It's Beautiful Outside which looks pretty good. They go off at tangents but there's not the bullshit you see on SWF or Not 606.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:10 am

Sorry guys,

I AM still here but my modem (I think that is the problem) has been playing up. This is the first time that I have able to get on line since last Wednesday I think it was.

Plus I'm in an abject state after the Ashes.

Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Tue 20 Aug 2013, 6:54 pm

Pete from Oz wrote:

Sorry guys,

I AM still here but my modem (I think that is the problem) has been playing up.  This is the first time that I have able to get on line since last Wednesday I think it was.

Plus I'm in an abject state after the Ashes.

Pete
Ashes/Lions/Wimbledon/Athletics/Ryder Cup/Solheim Cup cant wait for the Rugby League WC and then commonwealth games!!! Am seeing the opening game of the Rugby League World Cup, England playing Australia, any predictions Pete on the result??
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:07 am

Matty,

I'm not a huge Rugby League fan, but as I am living in an area dominated by the sport, I'm reasonably confident of a win in the cup. However (and this is a big one), given your current march of triumph, it would not surprise me to see a loss. I'm conditioned to it now I guess.

When is the first match ?
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Wed 21 Aug 2013, 7:15 pm

Pete

match is not until October, my kids got me tickets as a birthday present as know I like sport in general but bit like you not a big RL fan but should be a good occasion. Being played in Cardiff at Millenium stadium and the opening game so should be a good atmosphere over the weekend.

Mind you your guys have done well in the cricket today but all a bit late when 3 down in the series.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Thu 22 Aug 2013, 8:01 am

Millennium Stadium, that sounds like a good present. Enjoy mate.
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Wed 26 Mar 2014, 8:02 pm

In the first 3 months of 2014 just the three of us have logged on here......in the last 6 months there have been four of us.....in the last 9 months six of us.    Can we possibly survive the summer?  I hope so, I want a great big party here for my 70th in September  !!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Wed 26 Mar 2014, 9:44 pm

I will try and see if I can get anyone else to sign up, have my 2 mates that go to the game. ought to be loads from saints web Forum as they always seem to be hacking each other.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Thu 27 Mar 2014, 1:06 am

Thanks Matty, it would be fantastic to see a few new faces here. Please be careful what you say on Saints Web, if they think you are plugging this site they will ban you......same as they banned me for life, just a few days after I had paid their membership fee!
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Thu 27 Mar 2014, 8:17 pm

I haven't joined them so cant comment I just read, wouldn't post on there due to the abuse!
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Thu 03 Apr 2014, 5:19 am

I also attempted to join Saints Web a few years ago - when I experienced problems doing this, the administrator was fairly rude to me, At that point I decided to give it a miss.

I agree Mike, the fact that only three of us use it is a bit of a problem. I know a couple (actually only two) Saints supporters over here.
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Fri 20 Jun 2014, 9:59 am

Shocked  We have 4 registered users logged in at the same time!!!!  cheers 
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete from Oz Fri 20 Jun 2014, 11:04 am

Let's hope that the site didn't crash.
Pete from Oz
Pete from Oz

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Fri 20 Jun 2014, 6:42 pm

bom 
Pete from Oz wrote:Let's hope that the site didn't crash.  
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down