SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BYE BYE BILLY AND DEAN......

3 posters

Go down

BYE BYE BILLY AND DEAN...... Empty BYE BYE BILLY AND DEAN......

Post  SaintMike Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:19 am

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/9905379.Sharp_and_Hammond_depart_Saints/?

A tweet from Billy.....

Rite then I'm really sorry saints fans I'm off 2 forest 4 the season,uve been amazin to me love u all,massive thanks and gutted to be leavin
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

BYE BYE BILLY AND DEAN...... Empty Re: BYE BYE BILLY AND DEAN......

Post  Nostromo Sat 01 Sep 2012, 2:44 pm

Good luck to both of them, they've been fantastic for the club during the time they were here.

I feel Billy Sharp has gone a bit prematurely, he's not been given a fair go in the PL, he's a goal poacher and I believe he could have done a job for us. Billy is a popular player among Saints fans and I think a lot of that is on sentimental grounds, bearing in mind his family circumstances 10 months ago I think he'd have been popular even if he didn't score goals, or am I being cynical (I am not a person who does sentiment)? That aside, he was an excellent player for Saints once he got going and his goals were instrumental in us getting promotion.
But Nigel knows his stuff and wouldn't have let him go out on a season-long loan if he thought he could do a job.

As for Dean Hammond, he's another one who's been superb for Saints but not quite Prem quality. Good luck to him returning to B&HA, again on loan, an ex-B&HA player he's now hated down there for a goal celebration he did in front of them when he scored for us in L1 apparently larging it up in front of their fans and yelling 'F*** off, f*** off, f*** off'!

Maybe, if we go down, Billy and Dean will return? I hope so but I don't think we will go down.
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Sun 02 Sep 2012, 1:32 pm

Personally I would have preferred both to stay and on the bench. If needing to close down a game Hammond with his 100% commitment can do that role well and Billy there if we need a goal. Plus for sharp we have no other type of player as a goal poacher, certainly Tadanari Lee is not in that category. Mind you if Del Piero was to be brought in then would make some sense

Would have rather seen de ridder and puncheon gone as neither will start nor have the impact from the bench.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down