I'M BIANCA WESTWOOD, SKY SPORTS

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: I'M BIANCA WESTWOOD, SKY SPORTS

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:58 am

SaintMike wrote:Can you tell us about yourself please? Give us your biography in a couple of paragraphs?

I started working in the media for Sky Sports in November 2000ÖI got a job as a runner working on all sorts of sports, making tea & coffee for presenters & production staff. I did this for a month & luckily for me an Editorial Assistantís job came up on a programme called What A Weekend. I then became an Assistant Producer on the NFL in 2001 & a year after that I got the best job in the world on Gillette Soccer Saturday. I worked my way up from there. Luckily I have a great producer who when I said I wanted to report he believed in me. I now co-present on Take It Like A Fan with John 'Fenners' Fendley. It's great fun.
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:59 am

SaintMike wrote:Is there a moment in your career you are proudest of? What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?

Probably when I did my 1st live broadcast. It was the 1st NFL Wembley & the touchline reporter was ill...the Producer called me the night before & asked if I wanted to do it. Of course I jumped at the chance. When I heard the title music in my ear-piece that I had heard a million times before I was absolutely petrified. But when the host Kev Cadle threw to me in the rain on Wembley Way I just started talking & I got through it. It was my Bridget Jones moment without the fireman's pole haha but what a buzz!

I don't have 1 particular achievement that I consider to be my greatest...just managing to work my way up to report & present for one of the best sports broadcasters in the world is achievement enough. Hard work pays off!
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:00 am

SaintMike wrote:A little while ago Chloe Everton agreed to do this for us but we have heard no more since questions were put forward for her. Do you know Chloe? Are you able to remind her please??

I'm afraid I don't know her personally sorry...

beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:02 am

North End Mam wrote:Thanks for doing this.
Are you superstitious? Are there things you do for good luck or things you wear for good luck?

I lost a piece of jewellery that I considered to be my good luck charm & the sky didn't fall down so that's 1 of the reasons I'm not superstitious at all anymore, I don't even know if I believe in luck bad or otherwise...I've seen too many footballers & managers who are the most superstitious people in the world! & really...wearing a particular coat, or not shaving your face, or not putting your jersey on until you're on the pitch has absolutely no bearing on your form...preparation & talent is the only thing that gets you results.
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:03 am

North End Mam wrote:Do you get recognised a lot in the street? Do you enjoy that or do you get fed up with it?

I never get recognised. Only when I'm at matches or when I'm with Fenners. I've only really just started presenting so nobody knows who I am.
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:04 am

North End Mam wrote:If you hadn't got your break on TV what do you think you would be doing now?

When I graduated from Uni I worked in investment banking for a few years. Maybe I would have gone back to that. Or did some acting I always wanted to do that. I never really had a career plan, I've always just sort of fell into jobs. Sky was the only company that held my attention. I never dreamed I'd still be involved 10 years later!

beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:05 am

North End Mam wrote:Is Ronnie O'Sullivan still your boyfriend or is there another lucky fellow??

No we broke up 10 years ago. We're still friends & we tweet occasionally but I haven't seen him for years. I'm currently single & have been for 6 months.
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:08 am

North End Mam wrote:What sports/games are you best at? And which do you like watching?

I love watching NFL...live is best though. I also reported on the NASCAR for Sky a couple of years ago & to my surprise I was hooked. Again you have to see it live to appreciate it but I still follow the Sprint Cup via Twitter. I also enjoy watching snooker from time to time as it relaxes me (not when Ronnie is playing though obviously that wouldn't be as relaxing as I'd want him to win) but you cannot beat football.
Iíve loved football ever since I can remember. I started going to Upton Park when I was 5 years old & at 12-13 I was going on my own with a mate in the Chicken Run. I canít believe I was allowed but nothing would have stopped me! Iíve watched other sports but nothing can compare to the excitement & drama of football. I have 5 brothers & my entire family are football mad so I never really had much choice! Every other Saturday we were at West Ham, every Sunday Iíd watch my brothers play. Football has changed massively since I first started going but the buzz on matchday walking up to the ground, when you first walk up the steps & see the pitch & hear the fans singing that never goes away. Take It Like A Fan has given me a new appreciation of that. The love of the game all over the country never ceases to amaze me.

beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:11 am

Jillyanne wrote:Hi, I do so envy you, you always look lovely, do you find it easy to keep your looks or do you have to work at it? Got any tips?? Which parts of your body are you especially proud of? Any bits you wish were different and would like to change?

Thank you that's very sweet of you to say...I think every woman has to work at it in some way to enhance your assets & minimise flaws but the secret is to do it so subtly it looks natural! I don't like the fake look (hair, nails etc) but I have been known to have a spray tan from time to time if I'm feeling winter pale! As far as being proud of the way I look I am way more comfortable in my own skin than I was when I was younger. Maturity does that for a woman! Pilates helps it's good for mind as well as body & if you feel good you look good! But I don't over eat or eat too much crap because I can't get fat having to stand next to Fenners haha! I won't tell you which bits I'd like to change because I wouldn't want to draw attention to them ;) I'm just happy that I'm healthy & I'm in reasonable shape fitness-wise. I've had family members close to me who haven't been so lucky & who are no longer with us. I'm grateful every day that my body actually works so what it looks like is way less important.
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:12 am

Jillyanne wrote:Do you think you will be involved in next year's Olympics?

I doubt it...after the football season which is 9 months without a break I'm usually ready to fly off somewhere for some sunshine & do absolutely nothing. I may enjoy the Olympics from the comfort of my sofa but that'll be about it.
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:14 am

DellBoy wrote:It's still very early in the season but do you think Saints have a realistic chance of promotion? Which teams would you tip to go up?

Yes I do think so...much to my chagrin! Just kidding. Southampton is such a big club I'm pleased to see it doing so well again. I just hope that West Ham will be able to join the Saints in the Premier League next season. I think that's the top 2 sorted. My nerves couldn't take another round of play off games! I get frazzled even when I'm watching teams I don't support! 3rd is anybody's guess.
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:17 am

DellBoy wrote:You are a very attractive woman. Have you ever done modelling or would you consider doing that?

Thank you! I modelled when I was a child. I always wanted to do more in my teens but was never tall enough to be a proper model & I'm too old now! I'll stick to my day job.
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:19 am

DellBoy wrote:Have there been times things have gone wrong? Can you tell us about some embarrassing moments?

Things have gone wrong loads of times with technical equipment. & back in the day on Soccer Saturday when we used tapes & had to physically press play & stop sometimes an interview would be paused live on air! I never did that though (#littlemissperfect) although we did call one of our AP's "spoolback" for a while when he accidently rewound Sir Alex Ferguson's post-match interview. The good thing is that Jeff Stelling is so sharp when these things happen he just cracks a gag & it kind of makes the error a little bonus.

My most embarrassing moment was interviewing Alex Rae live on Masters football & a stat in the stats pack was wrong....so when I asked him the question he called me out on my mistake live on tv!! CRINGE! Luckily he's a mate so we laughed about it. I wasn't best pleased with the stats guy though but everyone makes mistakes.

beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:21 am

half pint wrote:Hi, have you ever been asked to do Strictly Come Dancing or a programme like that? What do you think about that sort of programme?

No I'm not even a Z-lister so I've never been approached. I adore dancing though & would love to do it. I'd even love to do I'm a Celeb.
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:23 am

half pint wrote:Who are your favourite footballers?

As a kid growing up it was Frank McAvennie & Tony Cottee for being my 1st idols. I had a major crush on Gary Speed (RIP) in my early 20s & had his poster on the wall of my dorm room at Uni. Paolo di Canio for just being an absolute legend & mesmerising to watch, Scott Parker up until he signed for Spurs.

I've also got a soft spot for David Beckham because A he's David Beckham & B he went to my school & played for my brothers' team Ridgeway Rovers. He used to come back after he signed for Man Utd & do the end of season presentations which I always thought was a really cool thing to do. He's still a Chingford boy at heart.
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:25 am

half pint wrote:What qualifications did you have to have to get on TV?

I have A levels in English Lit, French & Communication/Media Studies. I also have a degree in English Lit & French. I only took French as I wanted to bum around the south of France for a year as part of the course. What a year that was! I am still relatively fluent but never get a chance to use it & my football vocab is not what it should be. Maybe I'll interview Arsene one day & try to impress him Smile
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:26 am

half pint wrote:If I was to speak to your partner or a member of your family and ask them what your most annoying and disgusting habits are, what do you think they would say? (Please be honest).

I can go a whole day in my PJs without moving off my sofa. I love lazy days. Apart from that I don't have any disgusting habits. I'm not a clean freak but I like things done a certain way. My friends would probably say I have high standards & expectations which can be quite annoying for them. I'm also a bit bossy. But they love me anyway...I think hahaha!
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:36 am

Answer these so we can see what makes you tick?

1. Do friends have a pet name or nickname for you?

I have SO many! Over 20. I'll give you the 2 most common Bee, Bumble...& my favourite is when i was little my dad (RIP) used to call me Binks.

2. At school were you well-behaved or how did you get in trouble?

My report cards always said highly intelligent but too talkative, disruptive & doesn't fulfil her full potential. I must admit I did always do the bare minimum in class but much to everyone's annoyance I was brilliant at exams & always passed with decent grades. Ha haaa!

3 What hobbies do you pursue?

Pilates twice a week schedule permitting, Spin class & run 6k twice a week & I watch way too much TV. Massive couch potato. Have resolved to learn to play golf in the new year though.

4 Do you drive? What would be your ideal car to drive?

Yes I drive. Love cars. I drive a golf but my ideal car would be a Bentley GT or Supersports.` They are sleek, stylish & they have little B's everywhere so it'd be like it was customised for me!

5 Do you have a partner or children? Any plans to marry?

Am single as I broke up with someone this summer, no children yet. Will marry the right man someday...any idea where he is? He's late!! Ha!

6 Who are your favourite singers/groups (past or present)?

Too many to mention here but here are some....Hall & Oates, Bread, Neil Young, Elvis, Fleetwood Mac....George Michael, Michael Jackson, Madonna...current I'd say Rihanna, Drake, David Guetta, Kasabian, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Jose Gonzales, Mumford & Sons, FleetFoxes. Many more but that's a slice of it. I'm also a massive house music fan. From my raving days in the 90s would you believe.

7 What type of programme would you like the chance to do?

I'm a Celeb/Strictly as a contestant, or presenting something like total wipeout would be fun. Or a friday night magazine show like TGI Friday that combined sport & live music. Maybe me & fenners could do it!

8. What product would you like to be given a contract to advertise?

SHOES!!! Then I could get lots of free ones. Am becoming way more girly as I get older. I never used to bother too much about make-up, fashion or beauty products. I used to detest shopping. In the last year I have become an expert in all of these things.

9 Do you have any pets?

No it wouldn't be fair. I'm away a lot.

10 What is your favourite meal? And favourite drink?

Japanese. Vodka & Lemonade, Mojito. Or a nice cup of builders tea/Starbucks skinny wet capuccino. No sugar!!

11 Do you sing and dance? Or play any musical instrument?

I sing a lot on my way to shoots, training ground or matches. I'm in the car a lot it's like an extension of my home so I listen to a lot of radio. I am a good dancer (I don't mind admitting it) I used to do ballet/tap growing up & I danced in house/techno nightclubs during summers while at uni (fully clothed I might add!)

12. Do you have any tattoos? Where are they??

No Tatts. Not dead against them but so many people have them nowadays I find skin in it's natural state without drawing all over it is far more unique & beautiful.

13. Which colours do you prefer wearing?

Black, grey & blue. Can't have anything too patterned on screen. I like to keep it simple.

14. In private life are you happier in jeans or skirts and dresses? Do you always wear a bra?

At home I'm usually in trackies & hoodies to chill. But I adore getting dressed up for a night out. I am equally comfortable/happy in both. I am happiest in an itsy bitsy bikini on a beach or poolside though. & yes I always wear a bra outdoors. (strange question)

15. What do you prefer to sleep in? PJs, nighties or what?

That would be telling!!

16. What is your favourite perfume?

Dolce & Gabbana The One, Stella McCartney Nude or Gucci Guilty at the moment but this changes all the time.

17. If you had not gone into tv what job would you have liked to do?

Act

18 What would you like to be doing 20 years from now?

Happy with a good husband, 2 kids & some freelance tv/writing. I have a fantastic book just bursting to come out of me!

19 What is your favourite joke?

What do you call a Russian with 3 balls.....Whodya Nickabollokov hahaaaaaa gets me every time & the only 1 I can remember

20 If you had a child wanting to become an entertainer what would be your advice?

Work hard,,,because if you're anything like me nothing will be handed to you on a plate. Believe in yourself truly madly deeply. You can't succeed without talent, but no talent can thrive without belief. But most of all...do what you love.
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:38 am

SaintsChick wrote:Do you have to work every day? How many hours do you do in an average working week?

No. The great thing about being a reporter is you make your own schedule. Although it does rely heavily on when players & managers are available. A typical working week...Tues work from home making calls & setting up shoots, Wed in the office going through goals & shots for my pieces, Thurs & Friday interviews (anywhere in the country so usually very long days) Friday late edit & Saturday I used to do post-match interviews for Soccer Sat but now I do TILAF. Sunday & Monday off. The hours are great but you can never make plans...it wreaks havoc on your social life!!
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  beewestwood on Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:39 am

SaintsChick wrote:Is there an interview you remember with pleasure? An one you hated??

I loved interviewing Ray Winston because he is amazing & he made me feel very at ease. He is also a fellow West Ham fan & Hollywood filmstar so I was happy with that interview!

I have hated 1 interview but I'm not telling you who it was. Let's just say I don't think he thought a female should be anywhere near a football post-match interview. But to be fair to him he wasn't very nice to the guy after me either.
beewestwood
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2