SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELLEN BACH.......CO-WRITER WITH TERRY WOGAN

+2
Hellen Bach
SaintMike
6 posters

Go down

HELLEN BACH.......CO-WRITER WITH TERRY WOGAN Empty HELLEN BACH.......CO-WRITER WITH TERRY WOGAN

Post  SaintMike Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:25 pm

Hellen Bach is a charity worker and is currently working with Terry Wogan on a book for Children in Need. Although she may not be a celebrity in the same way as a lot of our special guests I thought it might be interesting if she could answer a few questions about Wogan!

HELLEN BACH.......CO-WRITER WITH TERRY WOGAN Hells_and_Terry_cropped
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

HELLEN BACH.......CO-WRITER WITH TERRY WOGAN Empty Re: HELLEN BACH.......CO-WRITER WITH TERRY WOGAN

Post  Hellen Bach Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:41 pm

I am happy to help if I can, but not sure I would reveal anything interesting.
Hellen Bach
Hellen Bach
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

HELLEN BACH.......CO-WRITER WITH TERRY WOGAN Empty Re: HELLEN BACH.......CO-WRITER WITH TERRY WOGAN

Post  North End Mam Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:05 pm

Hi
How did you first get to meet Terry?
North End Mam
North End Mam
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Mam Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:06 pm

Do you work with him regularly?
North End Mam
North End Mam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Mam Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:06 pm

Can you please tell us a bit about the work you do?
North End Mam
North End Mam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen D Saints Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:12 pm

Hello, I have seen Terry twice. Once when he was introducing Come Dancing from Portsmouth.........and in Reading once when he signed the book I was buying about his racing tips. In Reading he was very chatty but in Portsmouth he didn't seem to have any interest in talking to fans.

Do you find him friendly or (like most of us I suppose) do you find he has different moods??
Owen D Saints
Owen D Saints

Male
Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  half pint Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:14 pm

Hi there. Does Terry have some annoying habits you can tell us about?
half pint
half pint
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  half pint Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:17 pm

Can you ask Terry if he regrets giving up the Breakfast Show? It isn't the same since Chris Evans took over.
half pint
half pint
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  I could still be Dorothy Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

Hi Hellen. Can you please tell Terry I miss his giggling when doing the morning Janet and John stories. And do you know if he is doing a Christmas single this year?
I could still be Dorothy
I could still be Dorothy
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Female
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellen Bach Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:35 am

North End Mam wrote:Hi
How did you first get to meet Terry?

I used to write into the show and won a Togs sweatshirt for an ode I wrote. I started chatting to Pauly Walters and then came up with the idea of doing a TOGs Newsletter.

Pauly used to send me pictures for the front cover of the Newsletter and then one day, I got tickets for Aunties Bloomers and we asked Terry if I could take a picture of him with the TOGs on stage.

That was my first meeting.

A year later I met him at a book signing, and by then had the idea of the Togs calendar so briefly talked to him about it at the signing. He asked me to stay behind to have a coffee with him to chat about it but I was too scared.
Hellen Bach
Hellen Bach
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellen Bach Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:36 am

North End Mam wrote:Do you work with him regularly?

We don’t see him as much as we used to , but I often tell him the ideas I have for making money for charities and see what he thinks.

Hellen Bach
Hellen Bach
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellen Bach Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:38 am

North End Mam wrote:Can you please tell us a bit about the work you do?

We raise funds for BBC Children in Need, by selling products from charitygoods.com – we also run two songwriting competitions in aid of Barnardo’s young-songwriters.co.uk & oldiecomposers.com
Hellen Bach
Hellen Bach
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellen Bach Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:39 am

Owen D Saints wrote:Hello, I have seen Terry twice. Once when he was introducing Come Dancing from Portsmouth.........and in Reading once when he signed the book I was buying about his racing tips. In Reading he was very chatty but in Portsmouth he didn't seem to have any interest in talking to fans.

Do you find him friendly or (like most of us I suppose) do you find he has different moods??

In all the times I have met him, he has always been fun and makes me laugh. He takes the mickey out of me, because he knows I don’t know how to respond.

I have been to a number of book signings and the lunches we have arranged for him (in aid of CIN) and he has always been really charming.

I have seen people queuing for hours and he is the same all the way through, he is even more patient these days because with camera phones, everyone wants to take photos as well as the book signings.
Hellen Bach
Hellen Bach
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellen Bach Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:41 am

half pint wrote:Hi there. Does Terry have some annoying habits you can tell us about?

I don’t know him well enough to know the answer to that question, I am afraid.

Hellen Bach
Hellen Bach
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellen Bach Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:43 am

half pint wrote:Can you ask Terry if he regrets giving up the Breakfast Show? It isn't the same since Chris Evans took over.

As Terry often says, when he moves on to the next job, the last job is forgotten, but I do know he loves to hear from his TOGS and still very much encourages TOGS to write in to his Sunday show.

On a personal front, I miss Terry dreadfully in the mornings.
Hellen Bach
Hellen Bach
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellen Bach Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:45 am

I could still be Dorothy wrote:Hi Hellen. Can you please tell Terry I miss his giggling when doing the morning Janet and John stories. And do you know if he is doing a Christmas single this year?

We did an interview with him and Aled the other day, talking about the two Bandaged albums and the two Christmas singles, and I asked them if they would ever consider doing another single..... they both laughed and Aled said, “Never say never”.

So I can safely say, there won’t be one this year. I think I need to find a song that fires their imaginations.
Hellen Bach
Hellen Bach
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down