SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'M KATHLEEN MUNROE, ACTRESS AND MUSICIAN

+2
SaintMike
Kathleen Munroe
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I'M KATHLEEN MUNROE, ACTRESS AND MUSICIAN - Page 2 Empty Re: I'M KATHLEEN MUNROE, ACTRESS AND MUSICIAN

Post  Kathleen Munroe Sat 10 Sep 2011, 1:19 am

DellBoy wrote:Hi there
How do you feel about taking your clothes off on screen? Have you done it? Would you be willing to do it?

I’ve never fully done it…I’ve “hinted” at it, but have always been somewhat covered. I’ve avoided doing it when it feels unnecessary or cheap, but it’s not something I rule out. I’ve got enough insecurities to not be thrilled about the idea! But I also think there is sometimes genuine value to it in certain productions, and I’m by no means conservative. It’s on a case-by-case basis.
Kathleen Munroe
Kathleen Munroe
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

I'M KATHLEEN MUNROE, ACTRESS AND MUSICIAN - Page 2 Empty Re: I'M KATHLEEN MUNROE, ACTRESS AND MUSICIAN

Post  Kathleen Munroe Sat 10 Sep 2011, 1:20 am

DellBoy wrote:Can you tell us about a few embarrassing moments please? Some times that things have not gone right in front of the camera?

I am a horrible klutz. I always have been, so I have more than my share of embarrassing moments! The one that comes to mind is: I was at a huge high school event when I was in 10th grade in a full auditorium with well over a thousand fellow students from around the province, and I needed to exit my seat and walk up to the stage. I thought it would be quicker to hop over the back of me seat, but in the process, I caught my foot in the fold of the chair, fell backwards over the seat into the aisle behind me, and my skirt went up, giving quite the view to everyone in the upper balconies…it was mortifying! Needless to say, I’ve learned the importance of laughing at myself.
Kathleen Munroe
Kathleen Munroe
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Kathleen Munroe Sat 10 Sep 2011, 1:28 am

Answer these so we can see what makes you tick?

1. Do friends have a pet name or nickname for you?

I get called Kat by some close friends and family.

2. At school were you well-behaved or how did you get in trouble?

I was well-behaved in school. I actually loved school. The weekends may have been a different story….

3 What hobbies do you pursue? Do you play any sports?

I played soccer, though not very well. I love watching basketball and as a Canadian I have a duty to follow hockey somewhat (I’m a Habs fan). Mostly I hike. I used to ride bikes a lot, but it’s tougher to ride on streets in LA. My hobbies are mostly photography, reading (currently I’m reading We Others by Steven Millhauser), writing, and making music.

4 Do you drive? What would be your ideal car to drive?

I do drive. I still miss living in a city with great public transit and easy biking, but I’ve actually come to really enjoy it being in the car. I’m not a total car fanatic, so I don’t know exactly what my ideal car would be…something vintage with a stick shift.

5 If you were offered a part in a TV series, which series would you choose?

There’s so much good TV it’s hard to think of one! Mad Men writes so well for some of its female cast, and it’s smart and sexy, so that would be one. Maybe 30 Rock or Parks & Rec.

6 Who are your favourite singers/groups (past or present)?

Too many…I’m referencing my itunes to see recent plays: The Rolling Stones, The Walkmen, Wilco, Beach House, The Shirelles, The Shangri-Las, Black Lips, Young Rival, The Strokes, Fleet Foxes, Kurt Vile.

This summer I’ve been listening a lot to Cults, Twin Shadow, Girls, and EMA, and Biggie’s first album (Ready to Die). And The Weekend has been absolutely blowing me away.

7 Do you dance?

Anytime I have the chance. Not always well.

8. What product would you like to be given a contract to advertise?

Good question! I’m not sure…I think it would be easier to think about what I would NOT want to advertise. A few of my good friends are fashion designers, and I’ve always been thrilled to get involved with their campaigns (Tt Collection, Capretta Couture, 10 Corso Columbo).

9 Do you have any pets?

My parents have the dog that I raised when I still lived with them years ago; he’s a beautiful chocolate lab that we got at a shelter. He’s the love of my life.

10 What is your favourite meal? And favourite drink?

I love food…anything interesting, flavorful, spicy. I like being adventuresome with food. I love tacos at Malo in LA, and Indian food, and Japanese…hard to choose! One of my most favorite things in life is a late breakfast, preferably at a diner or on a patio, with friends. My favourite drink is whisky.

11 If you had not become famous what jobs would you have liked to do?

If I weren’t acting as a career, I think I would’ve tried to make a career of photography, music, or writing.

12. What musical instruments do you play?

Mainly piano and bits of guitar. I can also play the clarinet, the ukulele, and I can make my way around lots of other things, though not always well. Recently I got a violin and an accordian…so we’ll see how those go!

13. Which colours do you prefer wearing?

I wear a lot of neutrals, a lot of denim and leather. For fall I just got some beautiful bold purples and burnt yellows…

14. In private life are you happier in jeans or skirts and dresses?

I love fashion and style, and I like to be expressive with what I wear. I don’t spend a lot of money on clothes, I often shop vintage, and I value creativity and swagger in styling. I’m always fairly relaxed though, whether it’s jeans or dresses.

15. What do you prefer to sleep in? PJs, nighties or what?

T-shirts!

16. What is your favourite perfume?

For years I’ve worn the classic Marc Jacobs. Though recently I got a Chole perfume that I’m obsessed with…and I have a Stella McCartney rollerball in my purse.

17. What is your ideal holiday/vacation?

I love exploring cities. I’m not really one for resort or beach vacations. Next on my list are Barcelona and Berlin.

18 Do you have a partner? Or children?

No children yet. And I am in a long-distance relationship.

19 What is your favourite joke?

Any episode of Seinfeld…does that count??

20 In 25 years from now what would you like to be doing?

Pretty much exactly what I’m doing now, but more of it, and with more control. Maybe writing and taking pictures in a more serious way. Maybe with a family. Definitely with a dog.

Kathleen Munroe
Kathleen Munroe
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Kathleen Munroe Sat 10 Sep 2011, 1:30 am

Thank you for putting this together, and thanks to all who submitted questions. It means a lot to hear from people who watch things I'm in.

Thanks, and wishing you all the best!

Kathleen.
Kathleen Munroe
Kathleen Munroe
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2