SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy

+5
DellBoy
Jillyanne
North End Mam
SaintMike
Niamh Perry
9 posters

Go down

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy Empty I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy

Post  Niamh Perry Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:11 pm

Hi, do you remember me from I'd Do Anything? I was one of a dozen finallists trying to get the part of Nancy in Oliver.
Niamh Perry
Niamh Perry
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy Empty Re: I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy

Post  SaintMike Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:51 pm

Great to have you here Niamh!!

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy Niamh_nancy

From Niamh's website....

Niamh was one of the youngest girls to gain a place in BBC’s I’d Do Anything in their search for Nancy to star in Cameron Mackintosh’s new 2008 production of Lionel Bart’s “Oliver!” After battling out against thousands of hopefuls, Niamh reached the quarter finals of the competition with great praise from the judges Barry Humphries, Denise Van Outen, John Barrowman and Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Throughout the competition her style was compared to the likes of Sarah Brightman, Bernadette Peters and Audrey Hepburn. Niamh describes the experience as “life changing” and “unforgettable”.

Denise- “That was simply gorgeous. I just think you are captivating and so special and unique to watch. A wonderful performer. You give such a classy performance. Brilliant.”

Barry- Exquisite really. You could redefine the role of Nancy. I’ve been Fagin to a lot of Nancy’s and I’d be happy to take a curtain role with you.”

John-Simplicity is beautiful to watch. Vulnerable and concise. I melt when you sing. You win me over baby.

Andrew- Those wonderful Irish eyes. Wonderful performance, you are great. You are a fantastic actress with words. I’m very proud of you.

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy 44492687
STANDING NEXT TO GRAHAM NORTON AMONGST THE FINALLISTS

From Wikipedia....

Niamh Perry (born 10 June 1990) is an Irish singer and actress who competed as one of the finalists in the BBC talent show-themed television series I'd Do Anything in 2008 and is currently portraying Fleck in the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical Love Never Dies.

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy 5035410493_1966aaf43a
AS FLECK

Born in Bangor, County Down, Perry attended Our Lady and St. Patrick's College, Knock but left during her A-Levels in early 2008 and moved to London to compete in I'd Do Anything.

In 2007 she achieved a Distinction in her Grade eight classical singing examination, for which she won the South Eastern Education and Library Board (SEELB) Outstanding Achievement Award for Contribution to the Arts She was a member of Music Theatre for Youth (MT4UTH) from when the company was founded in 2005 and she was also a member of the MT4UTH Showcase group, Footlighters. She performed with MT4UTH in productions of Sweet Charity, in which she played the lead role of Charity, Oliver!, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Guys and Dolls and West Side Story. She also sang a solo at the re-opening of the Grand Opera House in Belfast. She participated in two Cinemagic productions under the direction of Suranne Jones, including Wicked and she gained lead roles in both productions.

In February 2008, Perry took part in an NSPCC campaign encouraging adults to call the NSPCC Child Protection Helpline if they had concerns about a child's welfare. She also recorded a CD for charity with two school friends, under the group name Paradis. The CD was played on several local radio stations and they were twice invited to sing live on U105.

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy SNF19TVBIZH_489492a

In March 2008, Perry was announced as one of the final 12 contestants in the BBC1 programme I'd Do Anything, which premiered on 15 March 2008 and aimed to find a performer to play Nancy in a West End revival of the musical Oliver!.

Perry was eliminated from the show in week eight. She sang "Don't Speak", but was negatively received by the panel with Van Outen saying "That was more like a teenager having a tantrum than a leading lady." Barrowman expressed concern that her voice "wouldn't register at the back of the stalls;" Humphries said her performance was 'gritty', and that Perry's small physical size would be a problem on stage. Lloyd Webber said her voice was not sufficiently mature.

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy Niamh-Perry11

Perry played the lead role of Belle in the musical Only the Brave, which had its world premiere at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival on 31 July 2008 at the George Square theatre and ran until 25 August. On 13 September 2008 she performed alongside fellow I'd Do Anything finalist Rachel Tucker at the Proms in the Park, held at Belfast City Hall as part of the nationwide celebration of the BBC Last Night of the Proms.

Perry took part in Andrew Lloyd Webber's premier of act one of Love Never Dies at the 2008 Sydmonton Festival and also participated in the original sing-through of act two. She was a featured vocalist with the BBC Concert Orchestra on the BBC Radio 2 programme Friday Night is Music Night in October 2008, performing "When I Close My Eyes" from Only The Brave and "Maybe I Like it This Way" from the musical The Wild Party.

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy Onlybrave2
WITH KEITH JACK IN REHEARSAL FOR ONLY THE BRAVE

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy 148111
LOVE NEVER DIES

On 16 November 2008, Perry sang at St Paul's Cathedral in the City of London at a fundraising and awareness raising event for Save the Children. She was the joint lead vocalist with opera singer Mark Stone as they sang the premiere performance of "The Cry, a requiem for a lost child". Other performers who joined them in the performance include violinist Jeanine Thorpe, pianist Adrian Snell (who composed the song), London Oriana Choir, London Oratory School Schola and keyboard player Dave Bainbridge.

She appeared in pantomime at the Devonshire Park Theatre in Eastbourne, East Sussex from 12 December 2008 to 11 January 2009 in Show White and the Seven Dwarfs playing the lead role of Snow White alongside Stefan Booth

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy FiinalPoster

On Monday 15 June 2009, Niamh began playing the lead role of Sophie Sheridan in Mamma Mia! The Musical at the Prince Of Wales Theatre, London, with Sally Ann Triplett as Donna.

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy 106685_28_preview
IN MAMMA MIA

Niamh is touring the UK in 2010/11 with Lee Mead on his concert tour.

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy Niamhhome
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy Empty Re: I'm Niamh from Bangor, County Down and I wanted to be Nancy

Post  SaintMike Sun 28 Aug 2011, 4:58 pm

On I'd Do Anything did it ever annoy you if judges made criticisms especially if it wasn't constructive? Was there any judge whose comments you dreaded? What hurt most about it?
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Mam Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

Thanks for doing this for us.
I thought your performances were great and you deserved to get much further in the competition. I especially liked you doing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with the Olivers...... and Burt Bacharach's I'll Never Fall in Love Again which is one of my favourite songs.

Did it take a lot of rehearsal to get Chitty right with all the boys involved?

Which songs did you enjoy singing most on the series?
North End Mam
North End Mam
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  North End Mam Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:05 pm

Andrew Lloyd Webber seems a nice guy. Did you get to know him well?
North End Mam
North End Mam

Female
Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillyanne Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:10 pm

Hi, you always look so lovely, I envy your looks so much. Does it come naturally or do you have to work hard to keep looking like that?

Is there any part of your looks that you're particularly proud of? And are there any bits you would like to change???
Jillyanne
Jillyanne

Female
Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillyanne Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:12 pm

In "Anything" were you girls all good friends? Was there any bitchiness you can tell us about?
Jillyanne
Jillyanne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillyanne Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:14 pm

Yourself excluded, who would you have liked to win the part?

Are you still friends with any of the girls? Do you keep in touch?
Jillyanne
Jillyanne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  DellBoy Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:17 pm

Graham Norton is a very funny man. Can you tell us any amusing stories about him?
DellBoy
DellBoy

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  DellBoy Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:18 pm

Maybe difficult, but can you tell us your biography in a couple of paragraphs?
DellBoy
DellBoy

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  saint marie Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:21 pm

Hi there! Are you superstitious? Are there any things you do or wear for good luck?
saint marie
saint marie
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  saint marie Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:24 pm

When you were a child which singers dancers and actresses did you most admire? Who did you want to be?
saint marie
saint marie
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintsChick Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:35 pm

Answer these so we can see what makes you tick?

1. Do friends have a pet name or nickname for you?

2. At school were you well-behaved or how did you get in trouble?

3 What hobbies do you pursue? Do you play any sports?

4 Do you drive? What would be your ideal car to drive?

5 If you were offered a part in a TV series or soap, which series would you choose?

6 What sort of music do you listen to and who are your favourite singers/groups (past or present)?

7 Have you written any songs?

8. Which singers would you most like to sing or record with?

9. What are your favourite TV programmes and stage shows?

10 Who is your favourite actor? And actress?

11 What product would you like to be given a contract to advertise?

12 Do you have any pets?

13 What is your favourite meal? And favourite drink?

14 If you had not become famous what job would you have liked to do?

15. Do you play any musical instruments?

16. Which colours do you prefer wearing?

17. What is your ideal holiday/vacation?

18 Do you have a partner?

19 What is your favourite joke?

20 In 25 years from now what would you like to be doing?
SaintsChick
SaintsChick

Female
Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Southampton my Home Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:44 pm

Hi and welcome. Have you ever visited or performed in Southampton or the south of England?
Southampton my Home
Southampton my Home

Male
Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Southampton my Home Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:46 pm

Singing, dancing, acting. Which do you like best and feel more comfortable with? Can you place them 1, 2, 3, in order of preference?
Southampton my Home
Southampton my Home

Male
Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  another fine mess Sun 28 Aug 2011, 5:49 pm

Hi, have there been times that things have not gone quite right? Any embarrassing moments you can tell us about please?
another fine mess
another fine mess
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM

Male
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Fri 02 Sep 2011, 1:04 am

SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Niamh Perry Sat 10 Sep 2011, 1:06 am

Hope you're all well. I am in rehearsals this week and rushed off my feet. I will be answering your questions but will not have an opportunity to look at them until next week at the earliest.
Thank you for your patience.
Niamh Perry
Niamh Perry
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down