SINITTA!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SINITTA!!!!!!

Post  SaintMike on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 1:36 am

Sinitta, who had a string of hits including Toy Boy and So Macho, has told me that she is willing to come on here. Details soon!

Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 14745
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Re: SINITTA!!!!!!

Post  SaintMike on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 2:54 am

I can confirm that Sinitta has now registered and I hope she will soon be posting messages!!

From Wikipedia....

Sinitta (born Sinitta Renet Malone, 19 October 1968 is an American-British actress and singer who has lived in the United Kingdom for most of her career. She is best known for her hit records in the 1980s; including "So Macho", "Toy Boy", "Cross My Broken Heart" and a 1989 cover of "Right Back Where We Started From", and her close relationship with Simon Cowell.

Sinitta is the daughter of Canadian actress and Disco/Soul singer Miquel Brown and Anthony Blackett, and is also the niece of disco singer Amii Stewart.

Sinitta began in show business by appearing in the musical The Wiz and the movie Shock Treatment in 1981, followed by starring in the West End musicals Cats, Little Shop of Horrors, Masquerade and Mutiny!

On 24 December 1982, Sinitta, then aged 24, appeared on the TV programme The Tube as a dancer with Imagination. She did not sing during this appearance.

In 1985, she appeared on a children's game show broadcast on ITV called The Wall Game. The show involved two teams of contestants building sets from a giant brick wall then improvising a play. Sinitta captained one of the teams.

SINITTA WITH HOT GOSSIP
Sinitta began recording when she was aged 25 in 1983, releasing her first single, "Break Me Into Little Pieces" with dance troupe, Hot Gossip. In the same year, she also appeared in the video of "Rock the Boat" sung by Forrest. She continued to release singles throughout 1984 and 1985, and also participated in 1984's A Song for Europe, the UK heat of the Eurovision Song Contest, with the song "Imagination". None of these singles were successes, all failing to chart. Everything changed though, in 1986, following a chance meeting with a then unknown junior music publisher turned A&R man, Simon Cowell.

SINITTA WITH SIMON COWELL
According to his autobiography, I Don't Mean To Be Rude But... Simon Cowell had been a post room boy at EMI Records in the late 1970s, and had left that job for a year and returned to EMI Publishing. Unsatisfied with his prospects, he quit EMI Publishing after one year and formed his own publishing company called E&S Music. By Cowell's own admission the venture was a mistake and after a rather unsuccessful trip to L.A he pulled the plug on the company. He then met up with Iain Burton who was looking to form a record label and together they formed Fanfare Records.

Sinitta was both Cowell's and Fanfare's first ever signing. Cowell had contacted record producer and song writer, George Hargreaves who in turn provided the song, "So Macho". However, Iain Burton changed his mind and called Cowell to advise that he was pulling the plug on Fanfare Records. Convinced that "So Macho" was destined to be a hit, Cowell persuaded Burton to give him £5,000 to release the record.

The single was released in March 1986 but stalled around the lower reaches of the UK Top 40 singles chart. Determined to make Sinitta a hit, Simon Cowell released the single a second time and a third time, where it finally broke into the Top 10, selling in excess of 900,000 copies and hitting the Number 2 position. Iain Burton's initial £5,000 investment became a profit of £1,000,000 and paved the way for Fanfare's future.

STOCK AITKEN & WATERMAN
Around this time, Cowell was desperate for Stock Aitken Waterman (SAW) to write and produce for Sinitta. "Feels Like The First Time", Sinitta's subsequent single following "So Macho", had charted low (number 45 UK Oct 1986) and only spent 5 weeks on the chart, whereas, in contrast, "So Macho" had been on the UK chart for 28 weeks in 1986, where it had peaked at number 2. Initially, Waterman declined to work with Sinitta, claiming that SAW were too busy. SAW did work with Sinitta later however, and her first single with the Hit Factory was "Toy Boy".

In his book, Simon Cowell claims to have come up with the song idea for "Toy Boy", coining the phrase 'toy boy' which described older women dating considerably younger guys. However, this is contradicted by writer/producer Mike Stock in his book The Hit Factory - The Stock Aitken Waterman Story, as he claims that his inspiration came from the fact that Sinitta herself at the time was dating a younger man. "Toy Boy" was a hit, reaching number 4 in the UK in July 1987, staying on the charts for 14 weeks.

Sinitta has since re-recorded "Toy Boy" on two separate occasions. The first was in 1999 for a low-budget hits album, and the second in 2007 with producers Carl M Cox and Nathan Thomas to mark the song's 21st anniversary in July 2008.

"Toy Boy (Reloaded)" as it's been titled, was showcased on 1 September 2007 at the Birmingham nightclub The Nightingale as part of a one-off special show to commemorate the reunion of Stock Aitken Waterman.

Sinitta went on to have a further five hit singles with PWL including "G.T.O." (Number 15 - December 1987), "Cross My Broken Heart" (Number 6 - March 1988), "I Don't Believe In Miracles" (Number 22 - September 1988), "Right Back Where We Started From" (Number 4 - June 1989) and "Love on a Mountain Top" (Number 20 - October 1989).

Following the release of her debut album Sinitta! in 1987, Sinitta moved away from working directly with Stock Aitken Waterman, although she continued to record at PWL under the direction of mixmasters Pete Hammond, Phil Harding and Ian Curnow. Her second album Wicked, released in 1988, contained only one SAW track - "I Don't Believe In Miracles" - the others being produced by the aforementioned Hammond, Harding & Curnow in addition to Nigel Wright and German producer Ralf Rene Maue. In October 2008, during the compiling of a new Sinitta hits album, two previously unreleased SAW written and produced tracks, entitled "How Can This Be Real Love" and "Do You Wanna to Find Out" were discovered in the PWL Studios vaults.

As the 1990s decade opened, Sinitta chose to record in a different style. This proved less popular, with all her single releases between 1990 and 1993 failing to chart in the Top 20 of the UK chart: "Lay Me Down Easy" (Number 88 - August 1989), "Hitchin' A Ride" (Number 24 - April 1990), "Love And Affection" (Number 62 - September 1990), "Shame Shame Shame" (Number 28 - July 1992) and "The Supremes EP" (Number 49 - April 1993). "The Supremes EP" was the last certified single released by Sinitta in the UK. Sinitta's only studio album release of this period, Naughty Naughty (1995), was an album of pop covers and received a limited release in Asia. She also appeared on the cast recording album for What A Feeling, which was a live recording taken from the Apollo Playhouse Theatre, Edinburgh in May 1997.

Sinitta had replaced Irene Cara to tour with Sonia Evans (also a former SAW artist) and Luke Goss (former Bros) in the rock and pop musical's concert, What A Feeling, in 1997.

Also in 1997, Sinitta's vocals were used for the single, You Can Do Magic by the fictitious group The Mojams. The single produced by her former hitmakers, Mike Stock and Matt Aitken was created for the ITV investigation programme, The Cook Report with journalist Roger Cook in an endeavour to expose underhanded business practices in the music industry, known as 'hyping' where record labels buy their own music into the charts. Debbie Currie, daughter of the controversial former British Government health minister, Edwina Currie was used as the face for the singer and single. Sinitta was not credited on the single and has claimed in a recent online interview with hitfactoryforum.com that she was unaware that this was the intention and was not happy about it:- "...It was fun to be back in the studio with Mike. I was on tour at the time and they called me in and said they had a track, knew it was going to fly and that I had the perfect voice for. So I came in and did it andIi was excited thinking it was a nice comeback single. But sadly it wasn't to be a comeback single for me. I was guest vocalling for someone else but I was unaware of it. So I wasn't very happy..."

In 2004, Sinitta emerged as a TV personality, having briefly appeared in the 2003 documentary about Simon Cowell, Being Simon Cowell. She has since appeared as Simon Cowell's assistant at the 'Judges Houses' Stage of The X Factor in the United Kingdom.

In 2006, Sinitta was approached by uprising British song writer and music producer, Carl M Cox with a view to relaunching and re-establishing her pop music career. She began working with PMG (Prolific Media Group) Productions in 2007. She's recorded several tracks with PMG including Toy Boy (Reloaded) and a brand new song entitled, The Day You Said Goodbye. The latter of the two being specially remixed by Sinitta's former producer/mixer, Pete Hammond.

The Day You Said Goodbye was the first of a batch of new tracks that Sinitta has recorded in 2007/08 which was promoted to advertise a new Greatest Hits album, scheduled for release in October 2009.

In early 2008, Sinitta began working with other producers and writers, including her aunt Amii Stewart and Nate & Sangoon on new material for a potential future studio album.

19 October 2009 saw the release of Sinitta's first official UK Greatest Hits album. Taking the title from her 1989 smash hit single; Right Back Where We Started From - The Hits Plus Collection is a comprehensive anthology of Sinitta's recording career from 1986 until the present day. The double CD album was released by Cherry Pop Records in association with Sony Music Entertainment.

Sinitta acted in the 1986 film Foreign Body, and later appeared in Heaven's A Drag/To Die For (1994) and There's Only One Madonna (2001).
In May 2005, Sinitta performed on Hit Me Baby One More Time on ITV1.

In 2006, Sinitta competed on Sky1's Cirque de Celebrité and appears on The X Factor, as part of Simon Cowell's mentoring team.

In 2006, Sinitta appeared briefly on an Episode of "Songs of Praise" with her mother Miquel Brown.

In spring 2007, Sinitta teamed, as a judge, with theatre veteran David Ian, producer and media pundit, David Gest and choreographer Brian Friedman on ITV's musical talent search series, Grease Is The Word. Co-produced by Simon Cowell's Syco TV - the same people behind The X Factor and ...Got Talent - the show sought to cast Sandy and Danny for a new West End production of Grease.

Sinitta has also had a cameo appearance on day time soap, Neighbours, appeared as a panellist on Never Mind The Buzzcocks and was even parodied on the comedy show, Star Stories.

Sinitta acted in the 1986 film Foreign Body, and later appeared in Heaven's A Drag/To Die For (1994) and There's Only One Madonna (2001).[citation needed]

In May 2005, Sinitta performed on Hit Me Baby One More Time on ITV1.[citation needed]

In 2006, Sinitta competed on Sky1's Cirque de Celebrité and appears on The X Factor, as part of Simon Cowell's mentoring team.[citation needed]

In 2006, Sinitta appeared briefly on an Episode of "Songs of Praise" with her mother Miquel Brown.[10]

In spring 2007, Sinitta teamed, as a judge, with theatre veteran David Ian, producer and media pundit, David Gest and choreographer Brian Friedman on ITV's musical talent search series, Grease Is The Word. Co-produced by Simon Cowell's Syco TV - the same people behind The X Factor and ...Got Talent - the show sought to cast Sandy and Danny for a new West End production of Grease.

Sinitta has also had a cameo appearance on day time soap, Neighbours, appeared as a panellist on Never Mind The Buzzcocks and was even parodied on the comedy show, Star Stories.

Sinitta continues to work with Simon Cowell, as a mentor support on The X Factor, and in the 2010 Series 7 show she worked with the Groups category, at judges' houses in Marbella. Previously on The X Factor Sinitta has worked on:

1.Series 1 (2004): Over 25s (won the competition with Steve Brookstein)
2.Series 2 (2005): Groups (came third in the competition with Journey South)
3.Series 3 (2006): 16-24s (won the competition with Leona Lewis)
4.Series 4 (2007): Groups (came third in the competition with Same Difference)
5.Series 5 (2008): Boys [14-24s] (came third in the competition with Eoghan Quigg)
6.Series 6 (2009): Over 25s (came second in the competition with Olly Murs)
7.Series 7 (2010): Groups (came third in the competition with One Direction)[citation needed]

In 2009, Sinitta regularly appeared on Xtra Factor which is ITV2's Spin off of the X Factor.

In March 2008, Sinitta appeared on Celebrity Wife Swap, swapping spouses with ex-Coronation Street actor Bruce Jones.[11]

On 10 April 2008, it was announced that Sinitta had joined the panellists on ITV1 daytime television show, Loose Women.[

Sinitta appeared as a contestant on ITV's 2010 series of Dancing on Ice, partnered by series regular professional Andre Lipanov. She became the first person to be eliminated in week 1 of the competition.

Sinitta was born as one of twin daughters. Her twin sister was adopted and raised by an aunt who could not have children.

Sinitta spent the first six years of her life in a foster home, until her teenage mother Miquel Brown was able to cope with a child.

Sinitta is a former girlfriend and fiancée of Simon Cowell. She also had a two-year relationship with Hollywood actor Brad Pitt during the late 1980s.

In April 2002, Sinitta married Andy Willner. In November 2005, Sinitta announced that a woman named Kerry West was to be a surrogate mother for her baby with her husband. She made the announcement on the British programme This Morning. At eight weeks into the surrogacy, however, West suffered a miscarriage. She had been carrying twins. In 2008, Sinitta and Willner adopted two children Zac and Magdalena. In July 2009, Sinitta announced that Willner had moved to Hong Kong in 2008, the couple divorced in August 2010. In February 2010, Sinitta announced that she was pregnant after just five months with Stefano Zagni. However, by February 2011 she had still not given birth. Two months earlier, she announced plans to adopt a third child.

Any questions?

Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 14745
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sinitta on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:42 am

Hi there Southampton World. Nice of you to ask me!
sinitta
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillyanne on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:30 am

hi and welcome

I am a big David Essex fan and saw him on the stage loads of times. I remember seeing you star with him in Mutiny. I soooo envy you for being able to work with him! Can you please tell us a bit about your time doing Mutiny......and some stories about David Essex if possible.
Jillyanne
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Female
Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  HANTS in my PANTS on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:16 pm

Hi
Have you been to Southampton? What memories do you have?
HANTS in my PANTS
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post  play it again sam on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:49 pm

Thanks for everything.

So Macho did not become a big hit until it was released for the third time. Did you always have faith in it or were you surprised when it finally came good?
play it again sam
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM
OCCASIONAL WORDS OF WISDOM

Male
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  DellBoy on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

Welcome..
In the 'Christine Keeler-type chair photo' that we can see up above are you really as naked as the picture would have us believe or what are you wearing behind the chairback? Very Happy
DellBoy

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  DellBoy on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 1:11 pm

Wiki says you were born in 1968............then says that in 1982 you were 24! There's a date wrong? not sure
DellBoy

Male
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Saint-Paddy on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 1:16 pm

hello Sinitta

I think my favourite single was Love on a Mountain Top. Which was your favourite?
Saint-Paddy
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Male
Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Jillyanne on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 1:19 pm

You always look so sexy and slim, does it come naturally or is there a secret to keeping that way?
Jillyanne

Female
Number of posts : 690
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel the Saint on Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:10 am

Hi Sinitta

Have you given up singing and recording? That would be a shame. What would it take for you to make a comeback? Would you consider doing a 'Blue' and doing Eurovision?
Gabriel the Saint
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  sinitta on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 12:22 am

Jillyanne wrote: hi and welcome

I am a big David Essex fan and saw him on the stage loads of times. I remember seeing you star with him in Mutiny. I soooo envy you for being able to work with him! Can you please tell us a bit about your time doing Mutiny......and some stories about David Essex if possible.

hi,working with David Essex was fun,he was a always laughing
sinitta
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sinitta on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 12:23 am

play it again sam wrote:Thanks for everything.

So Macho did not become a big hit until it was released for the third time. Did you always have faith in it or were you surprised when it finally came good?

i was surprised when Macho was a hit,i didnt really dwell on it,you dont really know what to expect so you just do your thing really.
sinitta
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sinitta on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 12:25 am

DellBoy wrote:Wiki says you were born in 1968............then says that in 1982 you were 24! There's a date wrong? not sure

ha! well my mom says i was always 3 going on 25!! so maybe wilkepedia feels the same,i need to get that sorted out apparently a lot of facts are wrong.
sinitta
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sinitta on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 12:26 am

Saint-Paddy wrote: hello Sinitta

I think my favourite single was Love on a Mountain Top. Which was your favourite?

i loved LOVE+AFFECTION,STOP IN THE NAME OF LOVE,CROSS MY BROKEN HEART and TOYBOY ...AQUARIUS was fun too
sinitta
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sinitta on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 12:27 am

Jillyanne wrote:You always look so sexy and slim, does it come naturally or is there a secret to keeping that way?

i usually exercise alot,but this year i didnt much,due to injured ankle
sinitta
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  sinitta on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 12:29 am

DellBoy wrote:Welcome..
In the 'Christine Keeler-type chair photo' that we can see up above are you really as naked as the picture would have us believe or what are you wearing behind the chairback? Very Happy

i would love to tell you what i was wearing in the chair shoot,but im not sure if you will understand...i was wearing a bad Brazilian!
sinitta
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top