SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ZOE (on the) BALL

+19
harvey
Bob's your Uncle
Hot Cross Ben
Johnny Solo
Saturday-Fever
Its All SouthamptonFC
play it again sam
Jillyanne
HANTS in my PANTS
North End Mam
DellBoy
Zippy
SaintsChick
Saint-Paddy
sisaydo
half pint
beatlesaint
SaintMike
Zoe Ball
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ZOE (on the) BALL - Page 2 Empty Re: ZOE (on the) BALL

Post  Gabriel the Saint Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:29 am

Hi Zoe

You have a great voice, have you ever sung on TV or radio? ever made a record?
Gabriel the Saint
Gabriel the Saint
SILENT OBSERVER
SILENT OBSERVER

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Quack Sat 02 Jul 2011, 8:19 am

hello
Did you enjoy Glastonbury? Which acts stole the show for you?

Got any funny stories you can tell us about the weekend?
Quack
Quack
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO
SPEAKS WHEN HAS TO

Male
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:31 pm

I'd hate to have to be up early enough to do a Breakfast Show. What sort of time schedule do you have to keep? Time to bed, time to get up, that sort of thing.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoe Ball Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:37 pm

Sorry! Been fraught with work n kids. Can I do them tonight? So sorry for delay x
Zoe Ball
Zoe Ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-06-22

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00l14t4

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsAlbion Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:49 pm

You were terrific on Strictly.

1 What was Ian Waite like as a partner for the series?
2 What were your favourite dances?
3 Had you done much dancing before you went on the series?
4 Did the series run your life while you were on it? Training must have taken a lot of your time.
5 Do you think the judges try to give fair criticism? Sometimes it seems to me that they just want to be funny or entertaining.
6 Did you hope to win it or were you just pleased to get as far as you did?
7 Are there any good stories you can tell us about it please?
MrsAlbion
MrsAlbion
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR
REGULAR CONTRIBUTOR

Female
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Zoe Ball Mon 04 Jul 2011, 10:54 pm

evening Delboy

ha - thank you for your question...

yes we did have a pole in our house(!?) back in the day, to be honest the boys were always much better on it than the girls, i always ended up nastily bruised after attempting anything fancy. We're not really the party folk we once were in our younger days, what with middle age and kids, so its been taken down and put in the garage where its gathering dust. If you know any fireman short of a pole....

zoe x

i am trying to figure out how to answer all your questions you splendid Saints fans - i'm a total technophobe so rubbish on blogs etc so this may take some time, i do apologise
Zoe Ball
Zoe Ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

ZOE (on the) BALL - Page 2 Empty for Mrs Albion

Post  Zoe Ball Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:02 pm

Hello Mrs Albion

i'm the other Mrs Albion - or an Albion widow perhaps. Thanks for your questions. Strictly was great fun, I lucked out with Ian Waite as my dance partner as he was very patient, hugely tall and rather nice on the eye. I still see him regularly, he always ends up doing the Dirty Dancing Patrick Swayze lift with various members of my family at parties, poor boy. watching him lift my Uncle Derek in a kilt was quite special. I hadn't danced before properly apart from bad disco dancing in the 80s so it was tough to learn but great fun. I loved the ballroom, latin scared me a bit, short skirts and tricky footwork, tango and rhumba were my favourite dances. I sadly dont have many excuses to do that kind of dancing now, ocassionally at a wedding i might sneak in a little foxtrot when no-ones looking but I'm rubbish without Ian there to lead me. We didn't win but we went far further than i thought we'd do so it was all a bonus. Looking forward to the next series! who will they get, loving the rumours.... Richard Madeley, Pippa Middleton???? xx
Zoe Ball
Zoe Ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

ZOE (on the) BALL - Page 2 Empty More answers from The Ball

Post  Zoe Ball Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:07 pm

Hello Quack - how re you? how did you get that name?

trying not to make you must be Quackers gags....

Glastonbury was fun although I have to admit to cheating and staying in a hotel down the road, not in a damp muddy tent and I actually watched Coldplay and The Chemical Brothers on the telly - lightweight! thought Coldplay were amazing! also loved The Vaccines and Pulp. Missed Paul Simon but managed to see him this week at Hammersmith - he was legend. Cried when he sang Hearts and Bones and Only Living Boy In New York.

thanks for taking time to ask me a question! x Zo
Zoe Ball
Zoe Ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

ZOE (on the) BALL - Page 2 Empty Hello Gabriel The Saint

Post  Zoe Ball Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:11 pm

What a fabulous name....

i hate my voice, i never listen back to my shows as I find myself quite annoying ha. As for my singing voice, lordy - its not pretty. i once sang Foo Fighters songs all night on karaoke until someone played it back to me, awful.... i'm terrible at those xbox karaoke games.... although my Enough is Enough double act with my friend Caroline is quite something.

sometimes on the radio you cant help but sing a long with the end of records, like Steve Wright but he can sing - sort of.

Much love, Zoe x
Zoe Ball
Zoe Ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

ZOE (on the) BALL - Page 2 Empty WE DEMAND ANSWERS BALL....

Post  Zoe Ball Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:36 pm

Hello you splendid Saints fans - here are some more answers to your questions....

Beatle Saint - would i be a fan of Norms if he wasnt my fella - well I loved the Housemartins and used to listen to a cassette of their album on my first walkman that was the size of a brick and if someone had told me I'd marry the bass player from the funny video I'd have laughed. I liked Beats International and Freakpower and did love his early FatBoy Slim stuff so probably I'd be a fan yes - he's a very handsome and clever boy and he cooks, so I'm a very lucky lass! great question thank you x

Sisaydo and Saints Chick - loving the Saints tshirt shot! although i think it might be clever computer work... I am a Man Utd fan, my fave days were those of Cantona, Keano, Stevie Bruce and Mark Hughes and the young Giggs... but am fairly slack these days, rarely get to watch them.... I do follow Brighton Hove Albion through Norm but i have the kids when he goes to games, my Dads never forgiven me though as he's a huge Liverpool fan.

my fave job was Live and Kicking - it was the most fun you could ever have, great guests like Will Smith, great bands, daft sketches, lots of dressing up - not like a proper job. It was watching Sally James on Tiswas that made me want to be a telly presenter. Radio 2 is coming quite close though.

I drive a BMW x5, my tank, but I also have a Citreon Ds from 1969 - we call it the Frog, as its green with the old headlamps looking like eyes, like Kermit. Its beautiful and wherever we go in it we always have an adventure.

My fave telly would be Soccer am - love Max and helen, Tubes and Rocket - makes me die laughing, its the closest we get to Saturday morning telly and love the clips and amazing Teckers... i get back into bed to watch it with Norm and the kids when i get home from my radio show on Saturdays.

Fave movies - Arthur (the original with Dudley Moore), Whats Up Doc, Harold and Maude, the Jerk... so many...

Zippy - Hello Zippy!!!! Any embarrassing moments in my career - plenty, swearing on air by mistake was pretty bad, I was in so much trouble. The actor Mathew Modine carrying my down the stairs of the Big Breakfast House after my shoe broke was pretty special, he tried to kiss me as a joke and I fell about all flustered. Meeting David Beckham and Alex Ferguson was up there too... I said such daft things.... what a numpty. Thanks for the question!

Saint Paddy - hello Sir. How are you? yes the swearing , there were actually 2 times i slipped up, one was describing a band i didnt think were so great but i didnt want to be mean so I was procrastinating and oops it slipped out, the other time was during a radio sketch and i had to honk a horn in place of a swear word but of course being the blonde that I am I honked the horn and then said the swear word. I felt terrible but luckily Terry Veneables swore that week on telly too so I got away with it. Thanks for taking time to ask me a question Paddy x

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR QUESTIONS.... been a real treat to talk with you all and thanks to Mike for setting it up!!! Heres to a grand season for the Saints..... enjoy the sunshine! Zoe along the coast a little to the East xxx

Zoe Ball
Zoe Ball
SPECIAL GUEST
SPECIAL GUEST

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  SaintMike Tue 05 Jul 2011, 12:22 am

Zoe I am overwhelmed, thanks so much for your amazing answers! As I have told you on Twitter.....

'Sitting here with my mouth wide open....absolutely fantastic answers, thanks for the time you must have spent on them, you have made my day!'
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down