SOUTHAMPTON WORLD and STAR BAR:........
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THOUGHTS ON BLACKPOOL CUPTIE

3 posters

Go down

THOUGHTS ON BLACKPOOL CUPTIE Empty THOUGHTS ON BLACKPOOL CUPTIE

Post  SaintMike Wed 05 Jan 2011, 11:59 pm

Are Saints going to reach Round 4 or be beaten by the new Premiership side?

I still remember being at the Dell for the 3rd round cuptie when Saints lost 1-2 to Blackpool and Stanley Matthews.
SaintMike
SaintMike
Forum Moddie
Forum Moddie

Male
Number of posts : 15087
Job/hobbies : Trying to control users of Southampton World
Humor : Forgotten what that is
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://www.ohwhenthesaints.net

Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS ON BLACKPOOL CUPTIE Empty Re: THOUGHTS ON BLACKPOOL CUPTIE

Post  Nostromo Fri 07 Jan 2011, 5:54 pm

I don't like saying it, and it does go against the grain to do so because I despise losing, but I honestly would not be bothered if we went out of the cup tomorrow. Unfortunately, reports suggest that Holloway is bringing down a much changed team for the tie in order to keep his best players for the Premier League. I wish Nigel Adkins would do the same because I really feel that a cup run will be a hindrance and nothing more to our promotion ambitions. Not only that it also brings the risk of losing key players to injury or suspensions; it could be argued that so does the league but the cup is an extra load of games we don't need.
If it's heading for a draw and a replay I wouldn't care if one of our players booted the ball into his own net! Replays are not needed right now.

Stanley Matthews? That's going back a bit.
Nostromo
Nostromo
A VOICE TO BE LISTENED TO

Male
Number of posts : 774
Humor : Warped
Registration date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  matty07uk Fri 07 Jan 2011, 8:50 pm

Should be a good game to watch as assume both sides will want to win and attack. Think Adkins will rest a couple of players, would not be surprised to see Bart in goal, Martin and Seaborne at CB, Dickson to start at LB. Gobern might get an outing and think Barnard will start possibly with Guly.

totally agree on a replay, might run on the pitch and score a deciding goal myself! I think Blackpool wont field as many youngsters as Holloway has implied, never believe anything he says. Best bet pummell in first half, get 4 goals up then rest players for second half.
matty07uk
matty07uk
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER
CHIEF MATCH REPORTER

Male
Number of posts : 3461
Job/hobbies : Golf
Humor : The Simpsons
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Sat 08 Jan 2011, 2:28 pm

Jason Puncheon is in the team after returning to the club when his loan at Millwall expired. The team is Bialkowski, Richardson, Seaborne, Martin, Harding, Puncheon, Hammond, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Lambert and Barnard.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostromo Sat 08 Jan 2011, 3:53 pm

H/T 0-0. We've certainly had the best of the half, we dominated but not scored although we had some good chances and Lambert hit the bar. A good performance, even if Blackpool have made huge changes (but so have Saints).

Other key scores: The skates are losing 2-0 to Brighton and have had Kitson sent off (straight red). The Few have also had a number of players booked. Brighton should have had a few more goals by the sounds of things.

Boscombe are leading Plymouth 2-0 and are keeping our 2nd spot warm for us as things stand.
Nostromo
Nostromo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content